testtest

Springfield Prodigy Questions

Are the grip module and trigger on the prodigy interchangeable with other 2011 grip modules? If I wanted to put an aluminum or stainless grip on there could I? and a flat trigger

Right. So, this is a little of a stretch over your budget, but…in my experience? Worth it.View attachment 30605
This is what rode in my Bianchi OWB holster for most of today. Wilson Combat X9 EDC. If you’re looking for a carry pistol…it’s worth the extra $1k over the Prodigy.

Why?

First and foremost: PROVEN. They ran great out of the gate; issues with even the initial X9’s were few and far between.

Second: support. Wilson does not F around when it comes to making their customers happy. If you gave an issue—it gets SOLVED, to your satisfaction.

Seriously; if you want a higher-end, hammer-fired, all metal 9mm? The Wilson Combat X9 is the creme de la creme.
Oh how I love Wilson guns...For now I will have to just dream or sell off a couple others. If I bought one of his now, my happy butt will be outside looking in. Not gonna chance it with winter just around the corner.

Hey folks !! So I’ve been reading and doing a lot of research with this new 1911 DS and I’m pretty disappointed. I would like to know what solutions are available to make these mistakes correct and me not having to dish out more money sending it back. “Springfield” aside from us sending our pistols back what can we do to make this $1600 plus purchase reliable. Otherwise I feel like many of us just got ripped off from such a company that has a good reputation.
I think using the term "got ripped off" might be too strong of wording at least since this model is so new. If you look at most any manufacture who makes something new you will find this is not uncommon. I would love to see everything made no matter what perform flawless but I'm not holding my breath.
I have a Prodigy on order and should be able to pick her up the first of the week. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't run into some or all if the issues I have read about, and if I do Springfield will be having to take care of it.

Back