testtest

Springfield’s Customer Service

I bought my Hellcat back in January of this year IIRC, but for one reason or another neglected to register it with SA for the guarantee for about 4-5 months. One day I remembered it, and tried getting it done online. Well, I think I've said before my computer skills leave much to be desired (hell, I still have a hard time even spellin' 'IBM') and was having some issues trying to get it done. So after some time and much aggravation, I called SA's CS and got a very nice lady on the line. I explained I was several months late getting it done and was having troubles with the online registration and could she provide a little guidance.

Well, not only was she about as nice and pleasant as any CS agent I've ever talked with, she was as courteous and professional as she could have possibly been. She not only relieved any concerns I had regarding the time delay in my trying to register my gun, but actually did the registration for me saving me any more frustration I would undoubtedly had in going back to the site myself and trying to get it done.

If I were to rate SA's CS on a scale of 1-10, it would have to be an 11 hands down. She was not only very helpful to me, she was an invaluable asset to SA in my opinion of the company as a whole. I'll not soon forget it!

Still waiting on my 1911, they said 4-5 week turn around, I hate the wait...
FELIX WAIT .gif

Got the replacement recoil spring today from Springfield for my 911 in 9mm, like I said before great customer service.
Ok, took new spring out today and it’s almost as bad as the first one SA sent, not quite as rusty, but rusty nevertheless, very disappointed on this, yea, SA responded great, but to send me a spring like this again, don’t know what to say.
4A29B42D-0271-4457-A2A0-B3CEE96A11AF.jpeg

Ok, took new spring out today and it’s almost as bad as the first one SA sent, not quite as rusty, but rusty nevertheless, very disappointed on this, yea, SA responded great, but to send me a spring like this again, don’t know what to say.View attachment 11380
Could that be comsmoline or other preservative and not rust?

Comsmoline has a brown waxy appearance that a lot of people mistake for rust. Try spraying the spring with clp and see it it clears up.

Last edited:
Ok, took new spring out today and it’s almost as bad as the first one SA sent, not quite as rusty, but rusty nevertheless, very disappointed on this, yea, SA responded great, but to send me a spring like this again, don’t know what to say.View attachment 11380
Man o man. Some rust prevention soak will take that off.. but you should not have to !! Like they are using second hand parts. Shame. Very solid company.
Quality Control supervisor needs a call. I would call them and insist on a manger To talk to

Wow, I figured they would have done sort of protective coating or rust preventative added. They may need to rethink their supplier.

Man o man. Some rust prevention soak will take that off.. but you should not have to !! Like they are using second hand parts. Shame. Very solid company.
Quality Control supervisor needs a call. I would call them and insist on a manger To talk to
That’s what I thought, should not be like that, I sent them an email today with pic, and both invoice numbers, will see what happens, makes me want to think twice on SA guns now, I have owned them for years and have always ordered my parts, magazines from them, never had an issue like this.

That’s what I thought, should not be like that, I sent them an email today with pic, and both invoice numbers, will see what happens, makes me want to think twice on SA guns now, I have owned them for years and have always ordered my parts, magazines from them, never had an issue like this.
Sometimes its one bad soul that ruins a company . I am a distributor, and all it takes is one of our delivery drivers to be bad and have delivery contact 30 customers and voila, we have a mess over one bad apple.

hopefully in SA customer service or parts dept, its one bad soul they can correct.

Sometimes its one bad soul that ruins a company . I am a distributor, and all it takes is one of our delivery drivers to be bad and have delivery contact 30 customers and voila, we have a mess over one bad apple.

hopefully in SA customer service or parts dept, its one bad soul they can correct.
Yea, but now I am thinking twice on getting any other SA products at this time if this is how stuff is going to be shipped out, will see what CS does if anything, hopefully this can be cleared up.

Here is Springfield‘s reply to my email

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Springfield Armory. I have sent the image over to my head of production and he says from what he can see that is not rust, it is heat treat residue left on the spring.

Thank you,

Drew S | Customer Service

I am not satisfied with there excuse, it’s definitely rust or there wouldn‘t be any residue on the plastic bag that rubbed of the spring. I guess I won’t purchase anymore SA firearms at this time. Very disappointed in there handling of this situation, relayed to them they have just lost a long time returning customer.

Last edited:
Back