testtest
Not everything is a conspiracy.

“ Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"—Hanlon’s Razor (Robert Anson Heinlein)
That's what people always say when there is a conspiracy. Not saying that's your point or anything, but there are those, especially in the media, who have learned that anything they disagree with or more accurately, anything that they don't want people to be believed, can be combatted by labeling it "CrazY" or a conspiracy theory.

No doubt there are a lot of crazy azz conspiracy theories going around the internet. Some people believe the C19 vax alters DNA. About 14 seconds of research reveals that is an impossibility, yet tons of people believe it.

You would have to be seriously naive to believe that not only are those in government capable of it, but that they already haven't proven that they can and will stage events to sway public opinion. Particularly on divisive, partisan issues like gun control. Fast and Furious for example. They already exploit every tragic shooting to push for laws that would have done nothing to stop it.

So you are right Mr. Gruber, not everything is a conspiracy. But some things are. And many of those conspiracies are never known.

That's what people always say when there is a conspiracy. Not saying that's your point or anything, but there are those, especially in the media, who have learned that anything they disagree with or more accurately, anything that they don't want people to be believed, can be combatted by labeling it "CrazY" or a conspiracy theory.

No doubt there are a lot of crazy azz conspiracy theories going around the internet. Some people believe the C19 vax alters DNA. About 14 seconds of research reveals that is an impossibility, yet tons of people believe it.

You would have to be seriously naive to believe that not only are those in government capable of it, but that they already haven't proven that they can and will stage events to sway public opinion. Particularly on divisive, partisan issues like gun control. Fast and Furious for example. They already exploit every tragic shooting to push for laws that would have done nothing to stop it.

So you are right Mr. Gruber, not everything is a conspiracy. But some things are. And many of those conspiracies are never known.

Conspiracy Theory: the odd idea that an absence of proof is actually strengthens the belief that it exists.

Show proof—real proof, not paranoid conjecture—that there is government involvement, and I’ll pay attention.

Until then, I’ll run Hanlon’s (and Occam’s) Razors over it, and go with these people who were busted were idiots.

Although I’ve mentioned that the recent mass shootings could be staged events to further the anti gun agenda I have to think that for the most part the individuals involved are doing these horrible acts of violence for a more personal belief that they are bringing closure to darker demons.
In retrospect the more recent incidents like the MOORS in Massachusetts and rifles found in the hotel room are more the result of idiots thinking or
“not thinking” that there actions are going un-noticed, could they have had plans to cause violence? Maybe but vigilance and reporting what is found or seen is the only way these terrible acts can be stopped.

So you guys think that with everything coming out of the current administration regarding AR-15s in particular, an inordinate amount of people just decided to grab a pile of rifles and head to the cities to set up shop in major hotels near large gatherings, leave them laying around and ask for housekeeping to come in and clean the rooms ? Ok.

Isn't strange that two hotels in two different cities have weapons spotted by housekeeping and are currently being billed on the news as incidents where vigilance in the wake of a shooting that happened, what, 2 years ago, thwarted possible attempts to pull off a mass shooting. With AR-15s ?

There's also no proof that these people weren't all executives from Daniel Defense going to a convention. Or ATF agents stopping on their way back from a successful raid on a white militia group. So in the absence of proof let's just believe the incredibly biased media pundits. Makes perfect sense.

So you guys think that with everything coming out of the current administration regarding AR-15s in particular, an inordinate amount of people just decided to grab a pile of rifles and head to the cities to set up shop in major hotels near large gatherings, leave them laying around and ask for housekeeping to come in and clean the rooms ? Ok.

Isn't strange that two hotels in two different cities have weapons spotted by housekeeping and are currently being billed on the news as incidents where vigilance in the wake of a shooting that happened, what, 2 years ago, thwarted possible attempts to pull off a mass shooting. With AR-15s ?

There's also no proof that these people weren't all executives from Daniel Defense going to a convention. Or ATF agents stopping on their way back from a successful raid on a white militia group. So in the absence of proof let's just believe the incredibly biased media pundits. Makes perfect sense.
I’m sure there are very few on the forum that will argue with your opinion since everyone has the right to voice there own openly however if you are saying that executive’s from Daniel Defense or ATF Agents would leave firearms openly laying around a hotel room is a bit of a stretch. My opinion.

Since I brought this up in the forums, I would ask, don't you think that the likelihood of conspiracy is much greater? As Bassbob pointed out, do we really believe all these incidents are "just coincidence ?" How about the frequency of occurrences when one party is in power vs the other? I realize, to some of you, i might sound like chicken little. I just refuse to forget the lessons of the past. Now with sleepy Joe waving the AFT at us like a sabre, i don't discount anything as being possible.
If poorly trained local law enforcement can coax a confession out of some sap for murder(when totally innocent) why would i expect any less from highly trained alphabet cops?
I know i sound like a whack job, believe me, but the older i get, things don't add up... But then I was taught 3×3=9 not cat plus yellow equals shingles²

Show proof supporting your conjecture.

Until then—yes, they were idiots. Much more—hell, INFINITELY more likely than “shadow deep state gubmint agents setting up false flags that only True Patriots(TM) can see through”.

That’s swallowing some high-quality Qanidiot bovine feces to believe that’s the likely cause…

Show proof supporting your conjecture.

Until then—yes, they were idiots. Much more—hell, INFINITELY more likely than “shadow deep state gubmint agents setting up false flags that only True Patriots(TM) can see through”.

That’s swallowing some high-quality Qanidiot bovine feces to believe that’s the likely cause…
So you don’t find it at all suspicious that every time there’s a push for gun control this kinda crap magically happens? Two nearly identical situations within days of each other in major cities 1700 miles apart ?

Also, save the “ True patriot” shite for someone else Hans. That crap has nothing to do with me. Nice try though lumping anyone suspicious of the government and the media in with morons like the Jan 6 D-bags. I’m offended by the insinuation frankly. Furthermore, it proves my earlier point about how certain types of people try to cover up ideological failures with accusations of “ Conspiracy theorist”, “Nut job”, “True patriot”, etc. It’s a blatant attempt to make anyone who strays from the narrative look like a fringe extremist.

You’d rather we all just line up like good subjects and follow the prescribed bottom line. I’ll pass.

So you don’t find it at all suspicious that every time there’s a push for gun control this kinda crap magically happens? Two nearly identical situations within days of each other in major cities 1700 miles apart ?
No, I don’t see it as suspicious at all.

Again, Hanlon’s Razor, as well as Occam’s Razor.

Also, save the “ True patriot” shite for someone else Hans. That crap has nothing to do with me. Nice try though lumping anyone suspicious of the government and the media in with morons like the Jan 6 D-bags. I’m offended by the insinuation frankly. Furthermore, it proves my earlier point about how certain types of people try to cover up ideological failures with accusations of “ Conspiracy theorist”, “Nut job”, “True patriot”, etc. It’s a blatant attempt to make anyone who strays from the narrative look like a fringe extremist.

You’d rather we all just line up like good subjects and follow the prescribed bottom line. I’ll pass.
Fair enough—however, when you start peddling theories that are just as far out there as what those folks believe, don’t be surprised when you are lumped in with them.

And if you consider thinking critically about a these situations and not falling prey to believing government agents are behind it—with absolutely zero proof besides sheer coincidence to support it—an “ideological failure”…

Well. That does say something, doesn’t it.

Fair enough—however, when you start peddling theories that are just as far out there as what those folks believe, don’t be surprised when you are lumped in with them.

And if you consider thinking critically about a these situations and not falling prey to believing government agents are behind it—with absolutely zero proof besides sheer coincidence to support it—an “ideological failure”…

Well. That does say something, doesn’t it.
Well for one thing I’m not saying definitively that’s what happened. In fact I’m on record here saying that in my opinion it’s either that or we have to believe that these people are just ridiculously stupid.

You know if these had actually been terrorist attacks or mass shootings id probably be right there with you. The fact that the story is hotel maids are incredibly well trained these days and were able to alert authorities to thwart some sort of attacks, in 2 different, nearly identical situations, in different cities near large outdoor gatherings seems a little suspicious to me. Especially considering the fear mongering about “ Mass shootings” that has been going on and is the line the current administration just happens to be following with their current rule change and executive order proposals.
It’s awful convenient is all I’m saying Hans.

Hey guys, I'm just some dumb wrenchbender here in the midwest. I ain't got no fancy education, so i dont know anything about these razor theories you keep mentioning. I do know we (the gubmnt) have killed citizens in the past over BS. I refuse to forget what has been done by an overzealous justice dept. In the past. When the change or decree or executive action or whatever they call it, they won't come for all of us at once, it'll be one at a time, and we won't be able to do squat in opposition. Let that sink in.

Well for one thing I’m not saying definitively that’s what happened. In fact I’m on record here saying that in my opinion it’s either that or we have to believe that these people are just ridiculously stupid.

You know if these had actually been terrorist attacks or mass shootings id probably be right there with you. The fact that the story is hotel maids are incredibly well trained these days and were able to alert authorities to thwart some sort of attacks, in 2 different, nearly identical situations, in different cities near large outdoor gatherings seems a little suspicious to me. Especially considering the fear mongering about “ Mass shootings” that has been going on and is the line the current administration just happens to be following with their current rule change and executive order proposals.
It’s awful convenient is all I’m saying Hans.
How hard is it to know a rifle is a rifle when you see it? The “highly trained maids” thing is going a bit far, don’t you think? Even a rifle case is pretty damn obvious…

And, stop to consider—there haven’t been large events held for over a year. There’s bound to be a few nut jobs who have spent that time wanting to be the next “Las Vegas Sniper”, nursing that sickness…now, they’ve got the chance.

Again, until someone can produce actual proof it was otherwise, it’s nothing but conjecture—and a bit paranoid conjecture, at that.

Overzealous law enforcement and prosecutors are a real thing, I have seen it from inside the system. But conspiracy to stage such an event and leaving rifles laying around to score points on a political issue is a far stretch. Heck, a lot of the folks we could suspect of such conspiracies have trouble finding the bathroom or speaking intelligible sentences. No, I suspect these guys were either planning to do something with the weapons, or were demonstrating profound stupidity, or both.

The people in the hotel room with the guns in plain view also had a large amount of drugs that they were planning to sell. To me their intent is clear: drug dealers protecting their products. The other guy in the hotel room may just be mentally impaired and determining his intent may be like a trip down the rabbit hole! Like I said earlier, the answers will come eventually, but until then it seems that it's the media's job keep those so inclined stirred up and in an anxious state of mind.

The people in the hotel room with the guns in plain view also had a large amount of drugs that they were planning to sell. To me their intent is clear: drug dealers protecting their products. The other guy in the hotel room may just be mentally impaired and determining his intent may be like a trip down the rabbit hole! Like I said earlier, the answers will come eventually, but until then it seems that it's the media's job keep those so inclined stirred up and in an anxious state of mind.
Well there you go. The stupid is strong in certain quarters.

Back