testtest
Overzealous law enforcement and prosecutors are a real thing, I have seen it from inside the system. But conspiracy to stage such an event and leaving rifles laying around to score points on a political issue is a far stretch. Heck, a lot of the folks we could suspect of such conspiracies have trouble finding the bathroom or speaking intelligible sentences. No, I suspect these guys were either planning to do something with the weapons, or were demonstrating profound stupidity, or both.
I don't know that I'm thinking about overzealous cops or prosecutors. QUite simply I just don't trust the government that much and wouldn't put anything past them.

How hard is it to know a rifle is a rifle when you see it? The “highly trained maids” thing is going a bit far, don’t you think? Even a rifle case is pretty damn obvious…

And, stop to consider—there haven’t been large events held for over a year. There’s bound to be a few nut jobs who have spent that time wanting to be the next “Las Vegas Sniper”, nursing that sickness…now, they’ve got the chance.

Again, until someone can produce actual proof it was otherwise, it’s nothing but conjecture—and a bit paranoid conjecture, at that.
The trained maids story you gotta take up with the media. They are the ones praising them for it.

Again, I just find it highly suspicious that 2 nearly identical events, foiled in nearly identical ways, would happen in two different places under nearly identical circumstances within a day or two of each other. And I'm not so willing to just go along with the rest of the sheep who watch them explain it away as right wing gun nuts on the evening news and make their minds up that's what happened. You mention critical thinking. I think critical thought is what leads me to believe it is totally possible it was some sort of set up. Or possibly some sort of coordinated effort to control the narrative a certain way

And you think the Ruby Ridge debacle was merely incompetence and not an extortion attempt to force Weaver into spying on white supremacist groups ?

The trained maids story you gotta take up with the media. They are the ones praising them for it.

Again, I just find it highly suspicious that 2 nearly identical events, foiled in nearly identical ways, would happen in two different places under nearly identical circumstances within a day or two of each other. And I'm not so willing to just go along with the rest of the sheep who watch them explain it away as right wing gun nuts on the evening news and make their minds up that's what happened. You mention critical thinking. I think critical thought is what leads me to believe it is totally possible it was some sort of set up. Or possibly some sort of coordinated effort to control the narrative a certain way
Coincidence. Period. There is absolutely zero proof showing otherwise, so you're searching for anything to make it fit your preconceptions. It falls into conspiracy theory ground when a lack of proof somehow strengthens your convictions.

It's no different than the recent death of the uncle of the girl who took the famous George Floyd video; the uncle was killed when a Minneapolis cop car ran an intersection during a high speed pursuit, T-boned his vehicle, killed him. There's a lot of people that are trying to turn this into some type of revenge killing, that the cops were "sending a message" to anyone who might film another arrest going bad...which is ridiculous. It's a coincidence, nothing more.

Just like these two incidents of guns in hotel rooms.

I wonder what the odds of those two nearly identical incidents happening at nearly the same time in different parts of the country are ? It seems like there has to be a common denominator.

I wonder what the odds of those two nearly identical incidents happening at nearly the same time in different parts of the country are ? It seems like there has to be a common denominator.
No, there doesn't "have to be" a common denominator.

This is what I mean by searching for anything to make it fit your preconceptions...there's nothing there, but because you WANT there to be something, you can't accept that it's coincidence.

No, there doesn't "have to be" a common denominator.

This is what I mean by searching for anything to make it fit your preconceptions...there's nothing there, but because you WANT there to be something, you can't accept that it's coincidence.
Actually I could accept that it's coincidence. And I said IT SEEMS like there has to be a common denominator. I still want to know what the odds are. Mathematically speaking what are the odds.

The people in the hotel room with the guns in plain view also had a large amount of drugs that they were planning to sell. To me their intent is clear: drug dealers protecting their products. The other guy in the hotel room may just be mentally impaired and determining his intent may be like a trip down the rabbit hole! Like I said earlier, the answers will come eventually, but until then it seems that it's the media's job keep those so inclined stirred up and in an anxious state of mind.
Well then, i guess they deserve everything they got coming. The drugs weren't disclosed in the initial report. I still find it entirely too coincidental, the frequency that people are making these idiotic decisions. I mean, even drug dealers have some level of self preservation, don't they.

And you think the Ruby Ridge debacle was merely incompetence and not an extortion attempt to force Weaver into spying on white supremacist groups ?
Little fish yields big fish. But only if the little guy plays ball. If there's no criminal activity let's talk em into committing some. Yeah, NO! I have no trust in AFT agents, especially in this environment.

Anyone know where I can get one of those Springfield Armory branded tinfoil hats?
Not sure on SA's version.... But, here's a DIY Kit:
Grab a Tin-foil Hat for You and Your Cat

Back