testtest

The Irony

Classified

Professional
Founding Member
Not to trivialize the matter, this really makes me wonder how this happens. In an environment filled with so many anti-gun personalities and handlers one would think this is not possible, and why is not the victims picture taking the place of the purp?

It goes to show that creed means nothing if one is negligent and does not adhere to safe practices.

Rest in peace Halyna.

My wife was telling me about that earlier. Further comment will/could get this thread closed, so my fingers are tied! :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Thanks for the restraint.
I think it is important to take a step back and see what issues are at the root of such incidents.
Evidently, complacency, ignorance, arrogance, and apathy all seemed to converge.
This is why I ascribe to the philosophy that safety/security is an illusion. "I think therefore I am," only goes so far.

Regardless of my opinions concerning Mr. Baldwin’s politics, this is an utter tragedy and he has my deepest sympathies. This reminds me of Brandon Lee’s death while filming The Crow in the 90’s. While these incidents are rare, they are still highly concerning. I would’ve thought that most films used digital effects instead of old-fashioned blanks at this point. My prayers are with the families of everyone involved.

What in the world kind of prop gun would kill one and wound another? Shotgun? It galls me that they call these things accidents. It is negligence on the part of someone, plain and simple. A music video performer was killed with a blank just a couple years ago. The safety protocols are in place on movie sets, especially since Bruce Lee's son was killed with a blank. Someone would have to circumvent the safety protocols to allow this to happen.

I am sad for all those involved but totally perplexed and confused as to how a gun firing blanks could kill someone. If anyone can explain that to me I would appreciate it.
The other side of me is frustrated as to why in the midst of so much gun violence going on in this country/world are we as a supposedly intelligent race glorifying gun violence in TV shows and movies.

I am sad for all those involved but totally perplexed and confused as to how a gun firing blanks could kill someone. If anyone can explain that to me I would appreciate it.
The other side of me is frustrated as to why in the midst of so much gun violence going on in this country/world are we as a supposedly intelligent race glorifying gun violence in TV shows and movies.
The pressure of expanding gasses at the end of a gun barrel at close range are penetrating, and lethal. It's why a contact gunshot is so much more devastating than one from a few feet away. There is also a wad and all that residue and unburned powder that become projectiles as well. There was a movie armorer a few years back who put a .44 magnum to his head and fired a blank that killed him instantly, and of all people he should have known better. Brandon Lee was killed with a close blank shot on a movie set. A stuntman in a music video was killed a couple years ago with a shotgun blank to the chest.

Couple observations: Folks were handling firearms that they were ignorant of the damage they could do and obviously had not been instructed in safety protocol or had violated that protocol. Irresponsible.

Prosecution is in order for all involved in this ignorant and senseless tragedy.

And no doubt this incident will be used by the anti 2A crowd as campaign fodder.

There are various prop guns as for the scene/shot being taken. Close-up, shoot out, load/reload and contact. Some are reasons that DON'T make real world sense. Some have plugged barrels for function/action so the slide/action moves/reciprocates and some of those aren't plugged. The charge wheather it be just a primer for cyclictic action. I don't have a link that goes more in-depth, but have seen it before.

There are various prop guns as for the scene/shot being taken. Close-up, shoot out, load/reload and contact. Some are reasons that DON'T make real world sense. Some have plugged barrels for function/action so the slide/action moves/reciprocates and some of those aren't plugged. The charge wheather it be just a primer for cyclictic action. I don't have a link that goes more in-depth, but have seen it before.
There is no doubt that individual(s) screwed up. Some for failing to instruct/stress the safety protocols, some for failing to adhere to them? Since Hellywood (generally) is so against firearms and the 2 A why are they u$ing them in the movies?

An interesting poll would be: how many believe those responsible should be held accountable?

In basic our drill sergeant showed us very early what a blank would do.

He placed a piece of paper on a chair and shot it with the blank at approximately ten feet. The pressure tore a hole through the paper. Not a nasty tear, but a circular hole. We learned real quick not to play around with blanks.

Back