testtest

Trump Banned From The Ballot In Colorado in 2024

IN any state that goes down this road, that states' Republican Party should use that against the other side in TV ads that the Dems denied state voters their right to vote in the primary for the candidate of their choosing.

I hope the RNC is smart enough to do so.

The State Supreme Court in CO decided that he was guilty of insurrection. That's how they paved the way for this decision.

I realize that four liberal appointed (not elected) judges made that unsupported claim, but that's hardly evidence, at least in my book. Doubtful anyone of them has seen the recorded speech by President Trump on January 6th. But they do like msnbc and cnn.

I realize that four liberal appointed (not elected) judges made that unsupported claim, but that's hardly evidence, at least in my book...

I'm not making any sort of argument in support of their decision, by any means. I'm just responding to your post saying that he hadn't been found guilty of insurrection. Agree with it or not, he was found guilty of it in CO. Just sayin.

ronna would have to check with mitt before pushing that policy...

1703117137120.png

There was no trial (i.e. no due process) in CO. A violation of the 14th Amendment.

Trump was not charged with anything in CO, but private parties petitioned the CO court to remove his name from the primary ballot based on their personal opinions.

Therefore, it was a political decision.

Just sayin.

Once again, I'm not defending their decision in any way, I'm actually strongly against it. I was just pointing out that it happened as a way to open the door to the ballot decision. As far as the State Supreme court is concerned, he was found guilty.

Once again, I'm not defending their decision in any way, I'm actually strongly against it. I was just pointing out that it happened as a way to open the door to the ballot decision. As far as the State Supreme court is concerned, he was found guilty.
What was the Colorado Supreme Court decision?

The Colorado Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that Trump is disqualified from holding the presidency under the Constitution's so-called insurrection clause.

Disqualified is not the same as guilty.

For the purposes of disqualification, “guilty” means that a person was found guilty following a trial, entered a guilty plea, entered a no contest plea accompanied by a court finding of guilty, regardless of whether there was an adjudication of guilt (conviction) or a withholding of guilt.

Whenever an offender is convicted of an endorsable offence, the court has a discretionary power to disqualify.

Trump has never been tried for insurrection because there is no evidence he did, beyond political gamesmanship, and there was no due process.

The Colorado Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that Trump is disqualified from holding the presidency under the Constitution's so-called insurrection clause.

Disqualified is not the same as guilty. Whenever an offender is convicted of an endorsable offence, the court has a discretionary power to disqualify.

Trump has never been tried for insurrection because there is no evidence he did, beyond political gamesmanship.

Jeezus, I don't know how clear I need to make it, but you're trying to argue with the wrong person here, bud. Find someone else to debate semantics with. I merely pointed out that as far as the state is concerned, that's the deal.

Disqualified is not the same as guilty.

For the purposes of disqualification, “guilty” means that a person was found guilty following a trial, entered a guilty plea, entered a no contest plea accompanied by a court finding of guilty, regardless of whether there was an adjudication of guilt (conviction) or a withholding of guilt.

Whenever an offender is convicted of an endorsable offence, the court has a discretionary power to disqualify.

Trump has never been tried for insurrection because there is no evidence he did, beyond political gamesmanship, and there was no due process.
100% facts. He has not been found guilty of insurrection because he hasn’t even been charged with insurrection in a criminal court. This is nothing but politics…

They also spent the first 3 pages re-defining the word "insurrection".

When judges do this kind of crap there should be a mechanism to remove them. And I don't mean the ballot box, which in this case wouldn't do it anyway since the CO SC justices are appointed. A legal mechanism. When judges rule in an unconstitutional manner they should be removed from the bench. As it is they can rule as they see fit with no ramifications whatsoever.

They also spent the first 3 pages re-defining the word "insurrection".

When judges do this kind of crap there should be a mechanism to remove them. And I don't mean the ballot box, which in this case wouldn't do it anyway since the CO SC justices are appointed. A legal mechanism. When judges rule in an unconstitutional manner they should be removed from the bench. As it is they can rule as they see fit with no ramifications whatsoever.
Judges need a little “skin in the game”. Unconstitutional rulings, and they get fired or better yet.. fines or open to being sued by those hurt by their errors.

IN any state that goes down this road, that states' Republican Party should use that against the other side in TV ads that the Dems denied state voters their right to vote in the primary for the candidate of their choosing.

I hope the RNC is smart enough to do so.
That would be all well & good, except in my state, ALL of the illegal (by state constitution) election activity will continue because nothing was done to stop any of the lawless activities. If you don't have to worry about the election, why not go for broke?

Back