testtest

Welcome Message

Howdy, ghosttwofive from Fayetteville, AR. Just purchased a handgun I've been wanting for a while, XD45 Mod 2 4-inch and I was NOT disappointed. A very nice handgun, haven't found anything I don't like about it at all. I've owned a few Springfield handguns and I've never been disappointed. Hope everyone is doing well, stay safe.

IMG_2007.jpg

Howdy, ghosttwofive from Fayetteville, AR. Just purchased a handgun I've been wanting for a while, XD45 Mod 2 4-inch and I was NOT disappointed. A very nice handgun, haven't found anything I don't like about it at all. I've owned a few Springfield handguns and I've never been disappointed. Hope everyone is doing well, stay safe.

View attachment 4812
Welcome to the forum ghosttwofive. Nice looking firearm purchase there (y)

View attachment 4812
Welcome! I'd like to try one of these in 9mm.

Hi I just joined. I bought M1A the other day and am waiting for it to come in. I got the M1a loaded in walnut and ordered 2 extra 10 round magazines. Then I saw a ad on Springfield Armory site for 2 free magazines and scope mount if gun is purched by May 31. ar-15 are illegal in ny but this isnt. Really looking forward to it and glad I joined up.

Thanjk you sir. I may end up getting a mod 2 9mm eventually. I've always had good dealings with Springfield handguns. Currently I have my eye on a CZ P10C 9mm, but I'm sure this wont' be the last Springfield I buy.

Might be hard, as it appears that Springfield has quietly discontinued the XD Mod 2. I would expect that once inventory is depleted at resellers, the only option for a Mod 2 in 9mm will be used. Same thing happened to me with the XDM Compact - Springfield discontinued it maybe 18 months ago, so I went ahead and ordered one before they disappeared, and I am happy I did. I like having a carry size pistol that shoots and grips the same basically as my XDM 5.25" competition pistol.

Might be hard, as it appears that Springfield has quietly discontinued the XD Mod 2. I would expect that once inventory is depleted at resellers, the only option for a Mod 2 in 9mm will be used. Same thing happened to me with the XDM Compact - Springfield discontinued it maybe 18 months ago, so I went ahead and ordered one before they disappeared, and I am happy I did. I like having a carry size pistol that shoots and grips the same basically as my XDM 5.25" competition pistol.
I hadn't heard that. Did sales not go as well as they wanted on the Mod 2s? I got a really good deal on my new one and I did wonder why they'd marked them down but I figured mainly it was due to the fact it was a 4-inch barrel version and everyone is wanting compacts nowadays. I've never heard any negative at all about the Mod 2 handguns.

Hi I just joined. I bought M1A the other day and am waiting for it to come in. I got the M1a loaded in walnut and ordered 2 extra 10 round magazines. Then I saw a ad on Springfield Armory site for 2 free magazines and scope mount if gun is purched by May 31. ar-15 are illegal in ny but this isnt. Really looking forward to it and glad I joined up.
Welcome jimmy M1A. Enjoy your M1A and their Gear Up promo for the extra mags and scope mount (I was able to get 3 extra mags during the Gear Up Promo when I bought mine).

I hadn't heard that. Did sales not go as well as they wanted on the Mod 2s? I got a really good deal on my new one and I did wonder why they'd marked them down but I figured mainly it was due to the fact it was a 4-inch barrel version and everyone is wanting compacts nowadays. I've never heard any negative at all about the Mod 2 handguns.

Springfield doesn't confirm or deny that they've dropped these things, but just take it off their website. That is what happened with the XDM Compact, and now the XD Mod 2. I imagine they are selling more Hellcats and XD-S pistols than they were XD Mod 2. The XDM Elite 3.8" is close in size to the XD Mod 2 4", and I imagine they are pushing folks that want a 9mm 4" service sized pistol towards that. I carry the XDM Compact 3.8", usually with the flush 13 round magazine, and it conceals nicely (for me) with a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB holster.

Back