testtest

went and got a new gun today

Old_Me

Ronin
yeah, i had been "thinking" about this gun for a long time, and decided to "pull the trigger" so to speak, and got it today.

under retail pricing, i got one form the "stock room, not the display case, as i never know how many others handle those, and dry fire them. guess you can say when i buy a gun..?? it has to be a "worgin"..

hopefully Monday will be it's first time at the range.

if this gun impresses me, i will seriously consider dumping 3 of my Glocks..the G30, G21, (both 4th gen) and G19 (3rd gen)

as i really do not shoot those as much, and as for .45 ACP..?? i got all my 1911's and the CZ 97B for that.

here's a pic, after i spent like 1.5 HOURS cleaning it from the Exxon Valdez oil spill.......my god, i thought only my RIA from the Philippine's had that much "preservative oils" on it.....

1641663442685.png

Nice pick up @Old_Me. I have most of the M9/92s including 92a1, 92a3, M9, 92x, 92x Performance and 92 FS Inox Compact. I even have the PX4 Storm in 40 cal. & the APX Centurion (and purchased the compact grip module to swap in eventually). I really like the Beretta handguns and I’m now searching for a 92a4 to add to the collection.
I hope you’ll enjoy your Beretta as much as I do mine. Congrats 👍

I was very skeptical of the 92 when the military decided to go with it and got rid of the 1911, then I bought one and it was a good gun, while not a .45, but being a 9mm at that time it was a good buy, like the 15 round mags and it took me quite awhile to get used to the double action trigger which was far better then the S&W’s double action triggers. This is one pistol I do regret of getting rid of.

i find the comments about the gun being "too big" to fit into hands a bit hard to well,....... believe.

i too have small(er) hands, but when i took hold of it, and maybe it's the way i have been adapting to griping (or muscle memory???) say the G-21 or G-30 Glocks which are really "extra wide", this 92, fit like a glove. i was watching a Paul Harrell video the other day in fact, and he too spoke of the grip with his "average sized hands", and he went and showed a grip hold, which is really very close to what i use now....maybe this is why i am able to grip it with my smaller hands..???

i dunno

he starts to talk about the grip at the 10:20 point....

i find the comments about the gun being "too big" to fit into hands a bit hard to well,....... believe.

i too have small(er) hands, but when i took hold of it, and maybe it's the way i have been adapting to griping (or muscle memory???) say the G-21 or G-30 Glocks which are really "extra wide", this 92, fit like a glove. i was watching a Paul Harrell video the other day in fact, and he too spoke of the grip with his "average sized hands", and he went and showed a grip hold, which is really very close to what i use now....maybe this is why i am able to grip it with my smaller hands..???

i dunno

he starts to talk about the grip at the 10:20 point....

Never said it was to big to fit, I said too big for my tastes. I simply preferred the size of the compact.

I just prefer more compact handguns. I would even be perfectly happy carrying my p365xl as a do it all for a pistol, or my model 60 as a revolver.

I have the 92S Italian MP version of the FS. Really liked it other then the trigger, had some work done to it and now I just love it. Only thing I am not a fan of is the ejection. Empties come right back at you, but my wife hits much harder so I have learned to overcome this issue. Just have to put my glasses on, don't even need the wife helmet. 😂😂

just a general comment on the "fitment" issues some have, no one in particular.

Hand sizes are really tricky, and whenever I talk to other shooters about it, I'm always drawn back to this old Air Force gaffe - https://medium.com/continuousdelivery/no-one-size-fits-all-d7ad0a8cbe7b

We're all unique individuals, and in this way, none of us are "average," even if our sizing is considered "average."

For example, my shooting buddy and I are physically very similar, and we both have size "large" hands. Here, I'm much more average for this "large" hand pattern - most of my gloves fit fine. Him? he's got shorter fingers than average, so gloves sized "large" almost never fit him correctly where it comes to the fingers. Similarly, to-a-gun, all of his double-stacker Glocks carry grip reductions.

Taken to the other extreme, you have my daughter. She's 125 lbs. of rowing crew muscle, but at barely 5'5", she's pretty tiny, and she takes "medium" sized women's gloves. Yet, on her Gen4 Glock, she's got the large backstrap installed because she has these Alien face-hugger tentacle fingers that her piano teacher used to love.....

1641702437963.png

Her hands are, overall, much smaller than mine, but her fingers each come past my last knuckle, and the breadth of her hand, when opened fully, actually exceeds mine - so her "flat finish" in the trigger path actually comes better on guns that have a bit more girth in the grip. and/or the trigger breaks a bit more forward (versus my XDms, which, with the Springer trigger kits, breaks very close to the frame).

Speaking "generally" as you are, @Old_Me , I agree - I also don't may much heed to supposed fitments. I find that simply because of how we as individuals vary so much with our anatomy/build, more often than not, these supposed "fits" work as they don't. 😅 That, plus simply the subjective nature of how guns "feel" in our hands...yeah, I don't subscribe much to any of "what they say."

I have the 92S Italian MP version of the FS. Really liked it other then the trigger, had some work done to it and now I just love it. Only thing I am not a fan of is the ejection. Empties come right back at you, but my wife hits much harder so I have learned to overcome this issue. Just have to put my glasses on, don't even need the wife helmet. 😂😂
well, i suppose i'll "see" how this thing ejects those spent casings, come Monday..!!

and of course, at any range i go to, safety glasses are required....

I tried a few Berettas over the year and while the angle was perfect, it was just a little too big for my hands. My friends had larger hands and loved them, and swore by them. My finger reach was just too short. Would have liked to own one.

Back