testtest

What are you doing right now??

Sitting in jail.....

1000000219.jpg

I need to talk to a guy for a case.

Hi,

I got back from taking the dog for a walk just before the downpour. Whew! Before that I played two gigs with my duo at a couple of senior facilities.

Gig 1, 10:30am.

1716594162387.png

Gig 2, 2:00pm.

1716594205878.png

I'm not sure on the story about that red bucket over my head. We got rained on pretty good between gigs but there were no leaks. ;) Both crowds loved us, especially when I shared with them that when I was a kid, I said to my Mom, "When I grow up I want to be a musician." My Mom gave me that knowing smile and said, "Son, you can't do both." :LOL:

My duo partner had to leave the second gig right away so I packed up all the gear, including hers, and brought it home. It all fits on my handy dandy rock-n-roller cart, both amps, PA, cables, stands, etc.

1716594380303.png

Now I'm just listening to the thunder and lightening. I wish I'd stopped for beer on the way home. The weather should be clear for my range trip tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good evening.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I got back from taking the dog for a walk just before the downpour. Whew! Before that I played two gigs with my duo at a couple of senior facilities.

Gig 1, 10:30am.

View attachment 58678

Gig 2, 2:00pm.

View attachment 58679

I'm not sure on the story about that red bucket over my head. We got rained on pretty good between gigs but there were no leaks. ;) Both crowds loved us, especially when I shared with them that when I was a kid, I said to my Mom, "When I grow up I want to be a musician." My Mom gave me that knowing smile and said, "Son, you can't do both." :LOL:

My duo partner had to leave the second gig right away so I packed up all the gear, including hers, and brought it home. It all fits on my handy dandy rock-n-roller cart, both amps, PA, cables, stands, etc.

View attachment 58680

Now I'm just listening to the thunder and lightening. I wish I'd stopped for beer on the way home. The weather should be clear for my range trip tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good evening.

BassCliff
I like the Gretsch. Is that a newer Electromatic ?

While a Classic race, street races aren't my favorite since I like a dedicated race track.

I'd like to see an F1 Race at Lime Rock, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Road America, and Laguna Seca.
Like you have never been a fan of street races. Did not enjoy the Miami race at all. Passing is tough there and Monaco. Can't remember for sure, it was either 66 or 67 I went to a race at Hockenheim, Germany. Ever since then I've been a pretty big fan of Formula 1 racing. Wish I could afford to attend another one.

Hi,

I think it's a Chet Atkins model. Chet is my duo partner's favorite guitar player. Debi does a good job on it. She used to be a great singer until she had throat cancer. She sings a couple of songs and likes to joke, "I got four notes back and I'm not afraid to use them." ;)

BassCliff
More than forty years ago, I played a Country Gentleman in the studio on three tracks of a friend's country project. They are magical. . .

More than forty years ago, I played a Country Gentleman in the studio on three tracks of a friend's country project. They are magical. . .
Certain ones are worth big money. The one you played 40 years ago for sure. Along with the Tennessean, thanks largely to its connection to George Harrison. Brian Setzer elevated their status as well.

A couple days ago a guy who’s gas service I was renewing and who happened to grow up on the south side around the same time as me, invited me in to see some of his guitars. I spent about 20 minutes playing his Les Paul Gold Top through an old Deluxe Reverb. I also showed him how to play Blackbird on his Martin ( A D28 I believe). He offered me a G&T with Bombay Sapphire but sadly it was noon and I was working so I had to pass.

Back