testtest

What craziness have you seen this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw something similar on a Seinfeld episode, were Jerry enters the market and watches his investment go up and down (mostly down), each day. His girlfriend tries to explain that the market fluctuates, to which Jerry replies "well I've just been fluctuated out of 15 thousand dollars". I figured I'd paraphrase while still making a somewhat serious observation, that some (like me), have "lost" a significant sum in the market recently. Again, emphasizing the word "lost" only if you sold off, which I did not. :) ;)
That's part of what I enjoy about the market: watching people freak out over everything and giving me a chance to buy cheap.

I learned that there are a lot of drivers who are either on really hard core drugs, or very mentally ill. Twice today I got my gun out of the glove compartment because of the wastoids around me. America is just a mess. We should be able to report these people and just have them locked up. Instead it’s me that’s on the defensive and the psychos have their way with us.

Corona virus just announced in my town today in Texas. Stopped on way home from work for dinner supplies.
Toilet paper aisle was a scene from Braveheart 😳🙄
People do go crazy. I still love the Snow forecast for 12" or more and the stores run out of Milk, bread and eggs 🥛🍞🥚 (I didn't realize how many people love "French Toast" if housebound during a snow storm). And I've yet to see people stranded in their homes for days on end try to get out while still having plenty of "French Toast" left 😌

I learned that there are a lot of drivers who are either on really hard core drugs, or very mentally ill. Twice today I got my gun out of the glove compartment because of the wastoids around me. America is just a mess. We should be able to report these people and just have them locked up. Instead it’s me that’s on the defensive and the psychos have their way with us.
I hope that you didn't pull a gun just because of bad driving. Brandishing a weapon over getting cut off might get you some time.

People do go crazy. I still love the Snow forecast for 12" or more and the stores run out of Milk, bread and eggs 🥛🍞🥚 (I didn't realize how many people love "French Toast" if housebound during a snow storm). And I've yet to see people stranded in their homes for days on end try to get out while still having plenty of "French Toast" left 😌
Worked 47 yrs.as a meat cutter.We used to laff at the fear,nonsense,and dumb of panic shoppers.

We were in Wal Mart today and they had all kinds of TP-no soft soap or Lysol left on the shelves-bleach aisle was all but cleaned out.
I guess I don't understand-do not people use these cleaning supplies even when there is no public cleaning panic.
We have always had at least a couple of months of this stuff stocked in our house year round-even when there is no immediate threat of violent flu like early death.

I went grocery shopping and chatted up the clerk during checkout. Apparently they sold completely out of toilet paper. This panic is getting crazy. Add that to Jim Bakker hawking his miracle silver solution to kill Covid-19, people advocating for drinking bleach, and not eating chinese food on the list of stupid responses. What kind of stupid have you witnessed in response to Covid in the last couple weeks, and when do you think people will slap themselves out of it?
Ya, my mom believes everything Jim sells and yes she does on that silver sol! She tries too get my whole family on that stuff!

I was at Bass Pro last night and a younger fellow was there with an older woman. This kid asked to see a Ruger SR1911 and was asking the clerk questions that you can tell the kid had zero firearms experience. The kid told the clerk that he wants to buy the pistol to which the clerk asked for ID to buy. The kid said his mom (the older woman) was actually buying the pistol and was was going to be shooting it, to which the clerk the said that he cannot sell the gun because this appears to be a straw purchase. Then the kid got defensive and mouthy with the clerk. The clerk told the older women to step forward and rack the slide and the older women didn't even know which end was the muzzle never mind racking the gun. The kid ended up flipping out in the store yelling insults at the clerk and knocking something off a shelf in the store.

Morons like this kid and his mom give every good gun owner a bad name.

Well, 1.) it was due for a serious correction, and 2.) the impact to business is major. Expected stability at this point would be crazy.

Correction yes, but human irrational behavior caused by the Fed totally missing the mark by it's reduction earlier & an over-reaction to the relatively small # of CV deaths in the US, bloviating by politicians/pundits triggered an anxiety reaction by the market for the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back