testtest

What do you want for Christmas?

Santa is going to put this under the tree for me this year!
View attachment 33533

View attachment 33534

In 10MM Auto.... .... :unsure: Might be why I have been posting about 10MM the last couple of days...

Gets out of Maryland Gun Jail this Friday.

I also like to give, I ordered a Benchmade Bugout engraved for my buddy/brother.
I've been blessed to have come across some great deals on different kinds of stuff and sometimes made a purchase.

I have given away some of the things I got for a great deal. And sometimes I bought the stuff with the intent to give it to a person that I thought would appreciate it.

When you give something because you're able to and the person you gift it to is appreciative, it's a special feeling.

I gave a cousin a 12 string Takamine guitar many years ago and a bass guitar to one of his daughters(they play for a local church) and they still thank me for the gifts pretty often...:)

An Aikido sensei(RIP sensei Toma) gave me a Jo(4 foot staff) many years ago that he had gotten in Japan. I still train with that Jo. I always hold up to Heaven and thank him for it before I start a training session with it...:)

Never discount how even a little gift can impact a person in a positive way. They might be at a point in their life where that gift gives them hope and perhaps they see it as a sign from God to get back on a good path...:)

Happy Holidays...:)

Yes sir. I had a motorcycle accident in late 2017. A distracted driver ran me over(I had all my motorcycle gear on, which saved my life. They ran a stop sign and hit me. Thank God some people stopped and told the police that the distracted driver didn't stop at the stop sign. Being a good witness can help make a big difference in someone's life. I'm thankful to those people also.).

12 titanium screws in my neck. 2 more screws in my left ankle, and some internal injuries. Almost lost my voice permanently because of the neck injury. 10 hours of surgeries, 21 long days in a hospital. I have neck pain every day. But I've learned to live with it.

The Quadruple Bypass surgery happened 2 years later and really kicked my butt(3 years ago).

With all that I still feel pretty blessed. Once you have heart surgery, every day truly is a blessing because it can be your last. It's scary some days, but as time goes on you learn to live with it. You don't have much of a choice...:) I've learned to live without pain medications, with the exception of Tylenol now and then...:) A glass of Jagermeister once a year or so, is a nice treat...:)

To this day when I see someone texting and driving, it sometimes makes me upset. Some people can't put their phone down when they drive. Some of them wind up hurting people badly or even killing them.

Distracted driving makes riding any non-car on the roadways too dangerous in my opinion. I have a couple of recumbent adult trikes. I only ride them in a park where there is no vehicle access.

I'm glad cellphones weren't around when I took all my long motorcycle trips...:) I was blessed to own and ride some pretty cool motorcycles(Harley Davidson Softail Custom, BMW K100LT, Honda Goldwing(s), Kawasaki Concours, etc, etc...:))

I believe everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it takes a while before we figure out the reason(s)...:)
There are times I wish my car had a 105 MM mounted on it. One right up the old tail pipe. End of problem.

Dear Santa,

Please!!

INDY-0003-1.jpg

Count me with the I’m good with what I got crowd. Wife usually has to hound me for months to get any gift ideas for me.

If Santa is just bored and has to throw presents at me, he can start throwing parts at me for my chevelle. It’d give me something to keep busy on.
Since you mentioned cars, I'll hope Santa can drop off a '65 vette convertible like the 1 I used to have. May it rest in pieces (fiberglass does that when turned upside down from going airborne and sliding across 100' of gravel).

That is what I had. It came from factory with a 307. I put a 350 in it. It ran better and got better gas mileage. Well it ran better as long as you didn't shut it off after driving in the rain. It would draw moisture and you had to dry it out before it would start and even then it missed. :mad:
mine still has the original 307 with the 2 speed powerglide. I’ve thought about converting her to a 327. Iirc the only difference is the stroke. Want to get her back presentable first though

The Mrs. and me agreed to forego gifts to each other this year and go hog wild for kids, grandkids, relatives and friends which means a Sig P220 45 ACP Equinox Elite will remain on my want list for awhile. No complaints though, as the reactions from those listed above will make me just as happy!

There are times I wish my car had a 105 MM mounted on it. One right up the old tail pipe. End of pro

mine still has the original 307 with the 2 speed powerglide. I’ve thought about converting her to a 327. Iirc the only difference is the stroke. Want to get her back presentable first though
I grew up working in my dad's mechanic shop in the 60's/70's. My brother had a 1964 Chevrolet Impala(327) and then got a 1967 Dodge R/T(440) and then a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner...:)

I owned a 1968 Dodge Coronet(440) but my dad took it away from me because I was always doing burnouts...:) I wound up with a couple of Corvairs('61 and '64) and they were fun...:) My dad was good at working on almost any gas engine and he enjoyed keeping those Corvairs purring like kittens. Watching him install carburetor kits was like watching an artist at work...:)

Nowadays I drive a 1996 Ford F150 regular cab with a 300(4.9 liter) inline 6 and 5 speed manual. It's fuel injected and very reliable. When I bought it a few years back I put money getting it to where I wanted it(new brakes, rebuilt transmission, new clutch, new motor mounts, etc.). I get asked pretty often if I want to sell it but I'll keep it as long as I can drive it. I call him Pedro(Pedro de Pacas - Cheech and Chong fame..:))

I had a buddy who used to buy old Chevrolet trucks and put in a fuel injected 350 in them. The trucks looked nice but they could really haul butt.

Growing up in my dad's shop was hard work because he wasn't much for his sons sitting around doing nothing. There was always work to do. I got to be around some pretty cool muscle cars from the 1960's and 1970's. ..:)

I grew up working in my dad's mechanic shop in the 60's/70's. My brother had a 1964 Chevrolet Impala(327) and then got a 1967 Dodge R/T(440) and then a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner...:)

I owned a 1968 Dodge Coronet(440) but my dad took it away from me because I was always doing burnouts...:) I wound up with a couple of Corvairs('61 and '64) and they were fun...:) My dad was good at working on almost any gas engine and he enjoyed keeping those Corvairs purring like kittens. Watching him install carburetor kits was like watching an artist at work...:)

Nowadays I drive a 1996 Ford F150 regular cab with a 300(4.9 liter) inline 6 and 5 speed manual. It's fuel injected and very reliable. When I bought it a few years back I put money getting it to where I wanted it(new brakes, rebuilt transmission, new clutch, new motor mounts, etc.). I get asked pretty often if I want to sell it but I'll keep it as long as I can drive it. I call him Pedro(Pedro de Pacas - Cheech and Chong fame..:))

I had a buddy who used to buy old Chevrolet trucks and put in a fuel injected 350 in them. The trucks looked nice but they could really haul butt.

Growing up in my dad's shop was hard work because he wasn't much for his sons sitting around doing nothing. There was always work to do. I got to be around some pretty cool muscle cars from the 1960's and 1970's. ..:)

Attachments

• Pedro_20221016.jpg
    Pedro_20221016.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Back