testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

a side note... at academy sports filling out the dread digital 4473 the employee mentioned that company policy prevents them from explaining the questions on the new form. And if you answered one wrong, they were prevented from telling you which one

i worked for the gov far to long to know that these forms are purposely designed to trip you up and THOUS shall not hurry through them for fear of a brain fart

anyway i got all a 100 percent on correct answers

but the one about residing in the city limits still gets me
we are in the county, with a city address and its very grey as to what we are...city or county because of the way the county lists us

then he says... your LTC lists you as 250 lbs ad you put in 229...i gave a weird look?? yes i have lost some weight what does that matter to atf or fbi???
I just checked unsure about the city limits. Don't really see what difference it makes -- filled out lots of them 4473's and frankly, it's s stupid government question.

a side note... at academy sports filling out the dread digital 4473 the employee mentioned that company policy prevents them from explaining the questions on the new form. And if you answered one wrong, they were prevented from telling you which one

i worked for the gov far to long to know that these forms are purposely designed to trip you up and THOUS shall not hurry through them for fear of a brain fart

anyway i got all a 100 percent on correct answers

but the one about residing in the city limits still gets me
we are in the county, with a city address and its very grey as to what we are...city or county because of the way the county lists us

then he says... your LTC lists you as 250 lbs ad you put in 229...i gave a weird look?? yes i have lost some weight what does that matter to atf or fbi???
I'll fill out a form in about 30 minutes, so I'll check out the new form. Dumbass government questions!

The last two guns I purchased the whole 4473 process was done electronically on an IPAD. I was approved and out the door in 10 minutes.
yep they had the ipad thing, took the employees about 30 minutes start to finish
most of that was 3 people that had to verify ME, the package, the serial number, the inspection and walking me to the door
they are covered up in internal paperwork, i bet the sheet the manager had was 20 questions she had to physically verify that had zero to do with the 4473 form
i dont normally buy from academy, but the blank friday sale plus my email discount code made it worthwhile

i think last one i got from them was about 4 years ago , an xd 45, it was a NOW sale as i was walking by the gun cases and saw they had one...it yelled my name
my LGS uses paper 4473 currently.

Just finished my 4473 @ 3:50pm for a lower. My local ffl guy (known my whole life and his oldest son graduated hs together) said I could only buy 1 lower every 5 days? THAT SUCKS! I could buy it all at once, but that's more paperwork.
thats weird. the rules keep changing on us or dealers it seems day to day..
i still cant believe a new store near here has his store in his garage at his house..its obvious atf didnt do a drive by.
the guy at academy said if i buy more than 2 at one time he had to report on another form.
i was eyeballing a rifle he had on the used rack... plus the case of small primers sitting on the counter, i am talking a full case with iirc 30k primers. i offered cash for 50 bucks a thousand for whole box....he gave me that look and said he cant sell them that low . i was hoping he would haggle . at least i know they have primers now.

thats weird. the rules keep changing on us or dealers it seems day to day..
i still cant believe a new store near here has his store in his garage at his house..its obvious atf didnt do a drive by.
the guy at academy said if i buy more than 2 at one time he had to report on another form.
i was eyeballing a rifle he had on the used rack... plus the case of small primers sitting on the counter, i am talking a full case with iirc 30k primers. i offered cash for 50 bucks a thousand for whole box....he gave me that look and said he cant sell them that low . i was hoping he would haggle . at least i know they have primers now.
I don't mind waiting 5 days in-between and not being in a hurry. What ever helps him, helps me.

More about what my ffl guy told me was, I can buy more than 1 at a time, but the atf gets involved thinking something is illegal? Complete firearms is a different story for some reason than buying lowers? I'll find out more tomorrow when I have time to talk again with him?
See this is the kind of crap people need to fight hard against. It's clearly the AFT using their own agenda to create rules or "De Facto" rules by leaning on FFLs. No way in hell is it constitutional to prohibit any free citizen from purchasing as many guns as they want to. Even if you go by the pre-Bruen standard of balancing it against the government's legitimate need to safeguard society. Unless someone can explain to me how making someone who already clearly owns a shite ton of firearms wait 5 days in between purchases makes anyone safer ? The whole waiting period lie is based on the "Cooling off period" argument, which is ridiculous in every single example barring a person who owns no other firearms. And even then it's specious at best since procuring a firearm from a friend or relative is not an insurmountable or even necessarily difficult task.

I may have just ordered a XD-M Elite Compact OSP. I tried to avoid it...I really tried...really :cool:. I have been looking at them for a long time, but either a FN or a S&W got in the way. Well, I tripped on this deal and I couldn't justify NOT going for it, because it comes with a HEX Dragonfly. I checked everywhere (brick and mortar and online) and no one had a deal this good. They offer the package for over $200 more that what I paid for it. Turns out I paid less with taxes and fees, than what the other places were charging as base price.

Sounds like I'm justifying, doesn't it? Yup. I am. My birthday is next week, so....:sneaky:;).

yep they had the ipad thing, took the employees about 30 minutes start to finish
most of that was 3 people that had to verify ME, the package, the serial number, the inspection and walking me to the door
they are covered up in internal paperwork, i bet the sheet the manager had was 20 questions she had to physically verify that had zero to do with the 4473 form
Bass Pro was the same. Wonder why they have to have so many employees check? Another LGS I frequent, took 10 minutes. Only reason I did the Bass Pro was they had a P238 Scorpion -- a Bass Pro exclusive that Mrs. Tinyman wanted (needed).

Bass Pro was the same. Wonder why they have to have so many employees check? Another LGS I frequent, took 10 minutes. Only reason I did the Bass Pro was they had a P238 Scorpion -- a Bass Pro exclusive that Mrs. Tinyman wanted (needed).
i imagine the numerous employee checks is protection to the store in case some dingle berry wants to return or something. the have a no return policy on firearms...so inspecting it was paramount to them finalizing the sale or mr visa could say NO NO NO NO with a phone call .

only thing that bothered me was i wanted to shop, but had to be in ear shot while the checked their own paper work so i could sign 3 x that i inspected the pistol for defects.

Back