testtest

What influenced you to purchase your first Springfield product?

My first Springfield was a Saint Ar. The local Gander Mountain was going out of business which I didn't know about until I happened to be driving by. Went in "Just to See" and lo and behold the Saint came home with me. Then upon hearing about the Hellcat, had to call my LGS and the minute it came in I drove up and that came home as well. Since those two got a SA Loaded and the SA-35 which I think that girl is possessed.

The design of the Hellcat. I never liked most 9mm pistols. They seemed just too big for such a small cartridge. The smaller ones didn't look right to me. Some too futuristic or swoopy or plain, some seemed like cheap plastic, all right handed. I shot a few and could take them or leave them.
The Hellcat just hit my mind's eye view of what I was looking for. It would drop into a hip pocket. Then I saw I could reverse the mag release. The night sight and U notch looked like thought was put into it. Then the reviews were all good, the durability tests, the capacity- so I decided to get one.
Only buying a new gun rarely, I shopped all the models and popped for the RDP with a safety.
I'm happier than a hog in slop with it.

Wife liked it. One of the old school XD 9 sub compacts. It was the loaded chamber indicator that did it for her, was happy about the grip safety as well. She’s the price conscious shopper in the house so the price was a motivator.Had to have been 10-12 years ago now.

Recently picked up an Edge pistol, and found this forum.

Since training with the M14 back in the Dark Ages, I have always wanted an M1A. I finally discovered I was not getting any younger so I went on a months long search during the gun drought. I ended up with this
I got the M1A Scout Squad, I felt comfortable with what I trained with in the Navy. M1A, M14... I use it for hunting deer & hogs ect iron sights my longest so far 206 yds, bagged a 393lbs hog. The bark will make ya go deaf but use hearing protection, Eye protection. I want a SOCOM16 FOR HOME DEFENSE. Awsome weapon system, where did you get that stock? ArchAngel?

I got the M1A Scout Squad, I felt comfortable with what I trained with in the Navy. M1A, M14... I use it for hunting deer & hogs ect iron sights my longest so far 206 yds, bagged a 393lbs hog. The bark will make ya go deaf but use hearing protection, Eye protection. I want a SOCOM16 FOR HOME DEFENSE. Awsome weapon system, where did you get that stock? ArchAngel?
The stock comes on the precision rifle from the factory. Yes, Archangel

Had fired a friend’s full size XD with lukewarm results and had sworn off polymer pistols (not a glock fan either although i have only fired gen 1-2s). Fast forward about 10 years and decided my Sig P220 was too big to carry anymore. Discovered the xd-s mod 2 in researching what edc gun i wanted. Liked the reviews enough to check one out at my LGS. Liked the feel so much i bought it. Currently my 2nd favorite handgun i’ve ever shot behind a gorgeous S&W 1911 a buddy of mine let me shoot a few times.

I also carried an M14 in training and always wanted one of the Springfield clones. Never bought one since I couldn’t figure out what I’d do with it if purchased…
Once the FBI bought the Springfield 1911s for their Swat guys I became intrigued again and wound up with a couple of them. I’ve added a couple of the Plastic guns as well, my most recent being a Hellcat Pro. I’ve been impressed with all of them.

I wanted a good quality, reasonably priced 1911 in .45 acp. I did my research, and shopped around. It was between the Springfield and Devil Dog Arms. The Springfield won out due to price and a proven track record. Now the Devil Dog Arms 1911s are more than the Springfields. I bought my Springfield 1911 Loaded at the right time and price, and I don't regret it one bit. The only regret I have is I don't have two.

My dad bought a Taurus G1 (PT 111 Millennium Pro) that was comfortable and a good shooter except for the fact that the trigger liked to do a wicked short reset, sometimes. This resulted in unintentional double taps and was eventually sent in for a recall swap to the G2. Hated the G2.
We went to get something different and held dozens of pistols. It became clear, to the counter guy, that we both preferred the 1911 angle grips and he recommended the XDM. We took it to their range along with a G17 and some S&W and simply fell in love with the XDM.
I’ve been a fan boy ever sense.

Btw- we don’t consider the Taurus to be our first gun because it never functioned right in the first place.

My dad bought a Taurus G1 (PT 111 Millennium Pro) that was comfortable and a good shooter except for the fact that the trigger liked to do a wicked short reset, sometimes. This resulted in unintentional double taps and was eventually sent in for a recall swap to the G2. Hated the G2.
We went to get something different and held dozens of pistols. It became clear, to the counter guy, that we both preferred the 1911 angle grips and he recommended the XDM. We took it to their range along with a G17 and some S&W and simply fell in love with the XDM.
I’ve been a fan boy ever sense.

Btw- we don’t consider the Taurus to be our first gun because it never functioned right in the first place.
Taurus makes a fine trolling weight....

I liked the XD tactical pistols both 9mm and 45. When I started working at LGS there was a great discount program once a year from Springfield and that's where I got a lot of them. My old boss also tried to break my Glock addiction but that didn't happen. I have gotten rid of a few but still have most of them and like the performance of them. Of course when a Glock saves your life you tend to have an attraction to them but Springfield does run a close second place.

Curious.Had purchased Ruger which worked fine.Purchased a Saint AR 5.56 pistol.Which Im really impressed with. Decided to try the Hellcat osp which came with the 13 & 15 round mag.The hellcat is now my everyday carry.My only regret was the hexwasp debacle.Went with a $195.00 Sawmp Fox.Which has worked perfect for me.There is a 50,000 round guarentee (honor system) on the swamp fox

For me, having owned S & W, Taurus, H & K, Glock, Remington, Winchester and Browning; going to Springfield was the only logical decision. I have never had a failure, excellent accuracy and performance caused me to stay with SA. I have an XDS 40cal, XDS Mod 2 9 mm, XD Mod 2 4" service 9 mm, and the Ronin full size in 45 cal. Can't get any better than that for me!!!

I was looking for a 4icnhes-ish 9MM carry gun. Something the size of a Glock 19 ish or 17. Maybe 5 inch?

I went to Field and Stream shortly after they and Dicks went all anti-gun. Wasn't planning on nbying, was going to handle some, then order online. The previous night I actually almost ordered a Canik online.
Anyway, they had the XD9 on clearance for $300 and all clearance guns were like another 15% off.
They were actually stopping selling Springfields as Springfield was one of the companies that was refusing to continue to do business with them.
I really liked how it felt in my hand, and the price was great. Really didn't want to give Field and Stream my money, though. Thought about it overnight, went back and bought it the next day.

Hated giving them my money but I liked supporting Springfield and I got a good deal

Back