testtest

What knives do you daily carry?

420E2D86-119E-469D-B926-81ECDEB33231.jpeg
I received this along with several other species of knives as a thank you gift from Lynn Thompson the owner of cold steel knives. We built a few rifles for him. This is a cold steel Swift assisted opener with dual thumb studs and a slide lock that both locks the blade closed and open, gimping on the back for your thumb and rock solid pocket clips, not sure about the handle material but it is very comfortable in the hand. It’s a rock solid knife with great tool steel. Blade is 3 1/2 in. Long. It’s really a safe queen and rides in my suit jacket pocket for dinner events. Gifts are something I cherish and they are kept separate from my working knives. the cold steel Swift is 8 1/2 overall.

I've carried a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Covert Folder for years. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Gerber-ApplegateFairbairn--7654

Outstanding knife, and great customer service. I had a screw back out of the retaining clip and contacted the company about it. They had me send it in, refurbished it, and sent it back along with a replacement. Wow! They have definitely earned my business!

^ That's the stuff, right there. :) Thank you.

As a fellow knife-enthusiast, I wanted to hear either of the specs of the knife and/or its provenance. You did not disappoint. :)

I left the hobby a few years ago, when I sold off a considerable portion of my collection. The few knives that I have kept all have sentimental meaning to me in some way or another, so these types of stories speak to my heart.

Back