testtest

What Would You Do (If)

I'd look for an abandoned WWII airfield in the midwest or west, or an available airport, or airport community, and buy it. And then start buying WWII-KW-Vietnam warbird airplanes and base them there.

My airport would also have an American classic musclecar museum, and several first-class shooting ranges.

Oh, and a real nice church, too. ;)

So just recently one person, the identity currently still unknown just won the almost 700 million dollar PowerBall jackpot. Now of course he/she won’t get that much after taxes and whether they choose annuity or lump sum but let’s be realistic that is a 💩 load of money.
So here’s my question, what would you do if you won big????

I’m sure @Annihilator @BET7 and @10mmLife would rush out and buy more clothes for their chickens and @10mmLife would probably add to the coop and then there’s those who are wishing for a bunker gun room so let’s hear it.
If I had a million dollars, I wouldn't have to eat Kraft dinner. But I would eat Kraft dinner. Of course I would, I'd just eat more. (Barenaked Ladies)

Continue going to work but not really work, let them fire me, apply for unemployment, fight it when they dispute it. When I finally get the unemployment checks from them.....

Then cash in my ticket....

Give my son's a trust that will make life easier for them.
Set up a trust for my grandchildren they will know nothing about until they are 25 or 30....

Live life easy check out some exotic locations.

I'd live however I want, buy an airplane, maybe a place big enough for a landing strip, pay off everyone's bills, give my boys nest eggs that would keep them comfortable, and still have about 250 million. That would be fun to pass out on weekends. I'd drive through eastern Kentucky, southern Ohio, Pennsylvania and other rural areas, look for a hardworking family obviously needing some money.
Then I'd walk up with a paper bag with about 50 thousand in cash and hand it to them.
Turn around and walk away.

So just recently one person, the identity currently still unknown just won the almost 700 million dollar PowerBall jackpot. Now of course he/she won’t get that much after taxes and whether they choose annuity or lump sum but let’s be realistic that is a 💩 load of money.
So here’s my question, what would you do if you won big????

I’m sure @Annihilator @BET7 and @10mmLife would rush out and buy more clothes for their chickens and @10mmLife would probably add to the coop and then there’s those who are wishing for a bunker gun room so let’s hear it.

I'm assuming this is a serious question. It is a fact that most lotto winners die broke. The reason is because they lack the expertise and experience in earning and retaining large sums of money, so they lack the knowledge of how to invest and who to trust.

I once knew a lotto winner who came to me for advice. He ended up living on two acres in a very small river town in Illinois in a 32x80 modular (not a HUD) and investing most of the rest with an entity that made chattel loans to purchasers of manufactured homes. He earns 5% interest on his money, with the interest payable monthly. He reinvests about half of it and lives off the rest.

Since he can't easily borrow against his investment*, he is safe from relatives and friends and his own urges. He is set for life and still lives pretty well. The fact he is not living an outrageous lifestyle has helped people forget how much money he won.

* There are some complicated trust agreements that are safe even from divorce and lawsuits.

I wouldn't tell a soul or sole :ROFLMAO: ! People will start treating/acting different to you! I would open accounts in several different banks in different towns. Your money is only insured up too 100k per account (fdic). I would not put it in any kind of savings (regular or CDs), because the banks don't pay :poop: even with big money!

You should look into how the federal insurance programs work. I don't think you would feel very safe. Banks, especially now, are a very unsafe place to keep very much money.

Hire a few SEAL teams to drain the swamp......build a border 10 ft deep and 20' tall, around New York
Re-fund police departments, enforce laws....I went off the deep end.

Back