testtest

Why your member tag name?

Mine is from a long life of raising and breeding American Pitbull Terriers. I no longer refer to them as that. I now just say bulldogs. I got tired of folks giving me the side eye and then "trying" to educate me on how dangerous they are and how one day I'm going to get killed by them.
I've had Bull Terriers as well fabulous dogs all of them in the group. So I also train in Shotokan and one day my sensei told me I had the tenacity of a pitbull. So it wasn't much of a stretch to come up with Pitdogg2.
That's Chester my 5yr old pal he and I go everywhere. Mostly a perfect gentleman UNTIL you mess with his food guy😉
Honestly I come by it naturally as both my father and aunt bred champion dogs.
My father raised Treeing Walker c o o n hounds. My aunt champion Cocker Spaniels. She had one win the westminster back in the 70's.
Growing up my chores after school was to feed,water and clean up poop from 10-15 dogs.
*Edit guess c o o n is a bad word here.

Mine is from a long life of raising and breeding American Pitbull Terriers. I no longer refer to them as that. I now just say bulldogs. I got tired of folks giving me the side eye and then "trying" to educate me on how dangerous they are and how one day I'm going to get killed by them.
I've had Bull Terriers as well fabulous dogs all of them in the group. So I also train in Shotokan and one day my sensei told me I had the tenacity of a pitbull. So it wasn't much of a stretch to come up with Pitdogg2.
That's Chester my 5yr old pal he and I go everywhere. Mostly a perfect gentleman UNTIL you mess with his food guy😉
My father raised Treeing Walker c o o n hounds. My aunt champion Cocker Spaniels. She had one win the westminster back in the 70's.
Growing up my chores after school was to feed,water and clean up poop from 10-15 dogs.
The small dogs have more bites oer year than larger dogs. A well behaved and trained dogs aren't the problem! It's the people!

Any dog .... good and/or bad ....... is a product of it's training. Temperament has little to nothing to do with the breed. I too raised pit bulls as hog hunting dogs for several years. The neighborhood kids would literally come over to our house after school many days just to play with the dogs. They'd ride on them, roll and play with them, even sit and share their cookies and/or ice cream with them. But that was then ...........................

Now, and for the past 20-30 yrs my favorites have been Brittany bird hunting dogs. Never got into breeding them, always found one at 'American Brittany Rescue' that needed someone to bring them home. Have gone through life with several over the yrs. The one before the current one, I wrote about how she laid right beside me in my recliner on a throw rug for 13 months while I recooperated from 4 back surgeries. She made every step I made around the house for all that time and wouldn't lay back down until I assured her everything was Ok.

Yep, she was special, just like that special dog 'Chester' that all we dog lovers seem to find at some point. I have her (Tippy's) cremated remains still here at home and plan to take her with me when I go.

My Staffordshire was about 90 lbs of pure muscle. My 15 year old Golden Retriever regularly punked him out. He didn't realize he was a pitbull. I miss him terribly.

Back