testtest

Would you own a Taurus handgun?

rrugercp3o

Operator
For me, the answer is a simple yes,yes and yes. My 3 Taurus guns are very reliable. The G2S will shoot any kind of cased ammo. It shoots brass, alu and steel cased ammo all mixed in together in a mag. It shoots flawlessly. The 856 shoots spot on especially when you stage the cylinder. Even in S/A mode it shoots very good. The PT22 has never had a hiccup. All I shoot in it is CCI ammo. So. do you own a Taurus handgun and are you happy with it?

Attachments

• DSCF4654.JPG
    DSCF4654.JPG
    749.7 KB · Views: 203
I have, in the past; I was not impressed with either specimen.

And while their new optics ready TX22 would be interesting, particularly its higher capacity magazine over a typical .22LR pistol...I’m pretty meh on the brand. I suppose if I ever found one for the right price, though, I’d give it a try...but that’s about the only pistol in their lineup that has any interest for me.

I've shot a Taurus Judge before, and I'd like to have one for fun, but I don't think I would carry it for self defense. If I ever picked one up, it would just be a fun plinker, and maybe as an extra drawer gun.

I have, in the past; I was not impressed with either specimen.

And while their new optics ready TX22 would be interesting, particularly its higher capacity magazine over a typical .22LR pistol...I’m pretty meh on the brand. I suppose if I ever found one for the right price, though, I’d give it a try...but that’s about the only pistol in their lineup that has any interest for me.
This for me as well ... I find them just meh as a brand

Yes, I don’t have an issue with Taurus. I used to own a first generation PT-111 Millennium but because of a recall and the gun wasn’t drop safe I recently returned it to Taurus for the replacement G2c. I already own a G2c so when Taurus sends me the replacement I will probably sell it.

I’ve put about 400 rounds of various types and brands of ammo through my G2c and it hasn’t hiccupped once. I added a viridian e-series laser to it for low-light conditions. I also own a Taurus M44 which has been an outstanding revolver for me. Here’s a pic of my G2c.

IMG_0956_1.jpg

I currently own three Taurus handguns, all 9mms. The G3, G3C and the G2C. The G3 is comparable to the Glock 19 in size and I've found it to be a very accurate and reliable handgun. It's not picky about ammo and all I replaced with the stock sights with fiber optic sights and I replaced the stock guide rod with a stainless one. It's been a pleasure to shoot and I carry it concealed quite a bit. No issues whatsoever with it. Same with the G2C. I replaced the stock sights with fiber optic ones and the guide rod with a stainless one. I did end up replacing the stock G2C trigger with an Asmund short stroke trigger. The amount of creep in the G2C stock trigger and the fact the trigger blade was very narrow were turn offs to me. The Asmund trigger is much better and crisper. As far as reliability goes the G2C has always been accurate and I've never had any kind of jam. The G3C, same thing I replaced the sights with fiber optics and the guide rod with a stainless steel one.

I did have some jamming issues with the G3C with certain kinds of JHP rounds and did end up sending it back to the factory for a repair. I thought it was the barrel, Taurus thought differently and replaced the slide spring and another part but after they sent it back it's performed flawlessly.

Overall, I think the G series of Taurus handguns produced the last couple of years are good quality and I think you get a good quality handgun for a good price.

I owned a Taurus revolver a few years back . Model 85 .38. I had no issues with it. I might buy another revolver if the price was right but I just don't like their pistol line.

I have a TX22 which is an absolute blast to shoot with. Right up there with my X5 Legion and my RO Target. Last weekend I picked up the optic ready, Taurus TX22 Competition. It has a 5 inch barrel and the optic mounts to the barrel hood and does not reciprocate with the slide, which combine to make it a ridiculously soft shooter. I know there’s not a lot of love out there for Taurus, but I think their American made guns are much improved over the Brazilian guns. I do know that my TX22 is so accurate to shoot that it actually makes me checkle when I shoot it.
8DDA218F-BFEE-4987-9CD6-A6C0F9370046.jpeg

I have had mixed results with Taurus. The TX22 is the best rimfire pistol I have ever owned. My PT92 is an absolute dud, and my PT709 Slim suffered a broken extractor after less than 500 rounds. I will use Taurus guns for plinking, but I have had too many bad experiences to trust one as an EDC.

Own a Taurus? Possibly. Usually look for function 1st. Anything else is secondary.
Function? Construction? Is mixed bag of beans. Looks wise? Nothing spectacular. Price wise? About same as others for sale from what seen.

Heard Taurus went or is going to Teflon coating for operational parts. What all parts those are hasn't been clear to me so far. That may interest me.

We have two Taurus handguns: my all-steel Taurus 85 is a wonderful revolver. Compared to my Ruger LCR, it is a sweet shooter. I'll be selling the LCR. I got over the ultra-lite fad quickly and the LCR ended up staying in the safe.

My wife has a Taurus PT22 pocket, tip up barrel 22LR. Works just fine.

I carry a full-size SA 1911A1. My wife carries a S&W Shield 9mm.

Back