testtest

XD mod 2?

I just felt if the whole grip was textured it would be better for me. So after some cutting of the grip tape, this is what mine looks like. I wanted the texture and fit to look factory. And it feels awesome!
View attachment 4492
Looks great RandomHero! Just ordered some of the Black diamond tape for my 3 XDM Mod’s as well as a wide roll for a project on my truck.

I noticed a couple weeks ago when digging into the new Springfield Armory website That XDM Mod2’s were no longer being displayed. Sad I love mine grip zone lettering and all. That being said what exactly does the addition of grip tape offer that the grip zone itself doesn’t?

A little girth and better coverage. I think the Talon rubberized will make XD and XD Mod.2 grips feel great. $20

Looks great RandomHero! Just ordered some of the Black diamond tape for my 3 XDM Mod’s as well as a wide roll for a project on my truck.
That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how it comes out!👍
Make sure to clean the surface area you plan on using the grip tape on with alcohol. Then once you apply the grip tape heat the tape on the frame with a heat gun or a hair dryer. And as you heat it, periodically grip the frame and push the tape down onto the frame to make sure it adheres properly.

Last edited:
I noticed a couple weeks ago when digging into the new Springfield Armory website That XDM Mod2’s were no longer being displayed. Sad I love mine grip zone lettering and all. That being said what exactly does the addition of grip tape offer that the grip zone itself doesn’t?
The grip zone is smooth, any grip tape either Talon or skateboard tape will make a difference in it's stability in your hand. And when this is most noticeable is when our hands are wet. Either sweat, water, or many other examples.

Perhaps a "Grip Zone" version of the XDM is in order. (They can leave the engraved instructions off the grip and just go with the texture.)
I want a 10mm Springfield but the xdm grips aren't my thing. Love the xd mod.2 grip. I know I could get some talon grips or something for the xdm but a mod.2 style grip on the xdm would be absolutely perfect for me... or a 10mm offering in the xd mod.2 line, assuming it still exists.

Springfield?
Also nobody in the industry is publicly talking about this. Perhaps Springfield is about to launch a XD Mod 3? I was worried the Hellcat was going to cannibalize the XD-S line, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I hope the XD-M Elite line didn't kill off the Mod 2 because, grip zone > XDM grip

Springfield?
Also nobody in the industry is publicly talking about this. Perhaps Springfield is about to launch a XD Mod 3? I was worried the Hellcat was going to cannibalize the XD-S line, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I hope the XD-M Elite line didn't kill off the Mod 2 because, grip zone > XDM grip

I agree, and the interesting thing to me is how the Hellcat brought in that new dual layer grip, to me building on the Mod.2.

Who knows what’s coming?

I sent a letter to Springfield today. I encourage everyone that is disheartened by them dropping the XD Mod.2 from their line to also send a letter. Voicing our opinions here is great, but unless enough people write the company directly, it will likely be ineffective.

I agree. Picked up a 4" 45 for a rediculous price a couple months back. Im so glad I got it, but just think it's such a mistake to discontinue the Mod.2.
Definitely. I've had several .45s over the years and I'd place the XD mod 2 up there with the best of them. It's a smooth shooter and very ergonomic. A bit heavy with a fully loaded magazine, but I'll take 14 rounds of .45ACP any day for home defense. If the mod 2 is on its way out, it'll be a shame, great line of handguns. I bought a Crimson Trace CMR-209 a couple of weeks ago and it fit perfectly on the rail so it's my nightstand weapon officially now.

Got my XD Mod 2 9mm service revolver from Smoky Mountain Gun’s for 399.99.

love it. Tack driver. Holy crap is it a good shooter. 1st range day 300+rounds and not a hiccup. Did I say tack driver?

Shot at 15 yards the whole day in the black within 2 inches of the red if not in the red all day. That ain’t me guys, I’m not that good. Sights are easy to see, easy to clean, just well built and......easy😁

Got my XD Mod 2 9mm service revolver from Smoky Mountain Gun’s for 399.99.

love it. Tack driver. Holy crap is it a good shooter. 1st range day 300+rounds and not a hiccup. Did I say tack driver?

Shot at 15 yards the whole day in the black within 2 inches of the red if not in the red all day. That ain’t me guys, I’m not that good. Sights are easy to see, easy to clean, just well built and......easy😁

You got your what now?

👆👆👆👆👆

That’s more rare than Colt‘s original Snake guns and for only $399.99, now that’s a find. ;). Just kidding APPilot, but still a nice pickup.(y)

Last edited:
Back