testtest

XDm Elite vs Sig X5

Which would you choose?

• XDm Elite

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Sig X5 Legion

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
The listed prices on the xdm elites have me drooling on myself. I only wish the magazines were interchangeable between the old and the new ☹
But they are interchangeable. You can run an Elite mag in a standard XDM. It would just hang out a little. However, the standard XDm mag will work in Elite as well, it just won't sit as flush or extend past the frame....I think....lol

This I did not know. Bye bye glocks, hello elite.
The XDm's are interchangeable with other XDm's, like you can use the 5.25 mag in the 3.8. It would look awkward but it would work. But that's XDm's, you can not use XDm mags in XD Mod2 pistols. Except for the .45. The only 2 that interchange are the XDm 45 and the XD Mod 2 45ACP.

The XDm's are interchangeable with other XDm's, like you can use the 5.25 mag in the 3.8. It would look awkward but it would work. But that's XDm's, you can not use XDm mags in XD Mod2 pistols. Except for the .45. The only 2 that interchange are the XDm 45 and the XD Mod 2 45ACP.
I knew the xdm mags didn't work in the normal xds. A friend gave me a normal xd magazine that I have nothing to use it in.

I would choose the XDm Elite, not a Sig fan, don’t like the newer Sigs design, I liked the older ones like the P220, plus with the newer Sigs they keep having issues, plus I can’t see spending the extra money just because you become a member of the Legion club......

I would choose the XDm Elite, not a Sig fan, don’t like the newer Sigs design, I liked the older ones like the P220, plus with the newer Sigs they keep having issues, plus I can’t see spending the extra money just because you become a member of the Legion club......
I agree, i think the extreme series is just as good (P2-- series). The only difference is the PVD coating and price. Legion series only makes a difference in the x5. The thing i like most about the 320s is the natural feel and POI. Feels as good as it looks.

That being said. I REALLY like the Steyr MF. I just have to get one to play with to see how it handles before I commit.

I like the CZ TSO pistol. But.... If I was to judge pistols that were in the same price as the XDm Elite? XDm Elite, no question. It has great ergonomics, match grade barrel, flared mag well, flat trigger, large capacity, large serrations on the slide, and did I mention astheticly pleasing? There's not a pistol on the market that can come close at the same price point.

I have 2 xdm’s and 2 p320’s. For me the xdm elite osp in FDE is the clear winner. Springfield makes a heck of a gun and they have really out done themselves this time. I am hoping that they offer it in other calibers in the future, preferable in the 357 sig or 10mm.

As stated in regards to the Sig, the tungsten infused frame makes the weight of the pistol perfect. No recoil, hardly because there is some, barely. You get back on shots so quick it’s not fair. The trigger is great and if your not happy GrayGuns trigger will fix you right up. The capacity is perfect for that type of platform. Simple mods such as changing out the guide rod and running 1911 springs to tune the pistol to specific loads is a breeze. It is a very accurate pistol.
I can’t speak of the XDM-Elite but do like what I’ve seen and read and would like to pick one up, very soon.

As someone stated earlier in the thread, "the X5 is at a whole other level".

Can you just imagine how much better this 10-yard group would be if it were made with an X5 instead of an XD-m Elite? You might actually need calipers to determine the number of shots fired!!!

zX9R58Sl.jpg

As someone stated earlier in the thread, "the X5 is at a whole other level".

Can you just imagine how much better this 10-yard group would be if it were made with an X5 instead of an XD-m Elite? You might actually need calipers to determine the number of shots fired!!!

zX9R58Sl.jpg
Haha, if you shot that group with a hi-point, would you consider it as good as your xdm elite?

Free is the key word here so if I was chosen to receive one of the two for free I would choose the Sig only because I don’t own a Sig firearm.
That being said I’ve been looking at the 10mm round so since I’m a Springfield guy and if the XDM Elite came out in that caliber I would look hard at the Elite.

Back