testtest

XDm For USPSA Use

BigBore

Alpha
Founding Member
I have an XDm 5.25 that I would like to use for competition in USPSA limited division.

Any ideas on the best modification? I am looking for modifications that will improve function...

I second the Powder River kit. They make several options but I don't care for their trigger feel. It pinches my finger, but I have large hands. The Freedomsmith Fat Daddy triggers for the XDM are excellent upgrades. They help with pre and over travel. Put them together with the PR springs and sear, or have a good smith put them together and slick up the internals while they are at it, and it really smooths out the XD series guns. I would also beef up the base pads with Springer or similiar metal pads if you will be shooting on a concrete floor.

Mag extensions for Limited. Trigger job or kit if you want (stock trigger is pretty good, the powder river kit is great). Good holster setup, and lots of ammo. Anything else is good, but these are where your money should be focused.

I am not familiar with Powder River but when I worked on my M&P with mag extensions, new sights for USPSA Limited the Apex trigger was great.

I have a powder river drop in trigger kit in my XDM 4.5 an I love it. Real improvement from the factory trigger.
^ This

Improving the trigger is probably the best thing you can do, besides practice, practice, and more practice. Dry fire that thing all you can.

Back