testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

Something with a large sight picture, but does take up large space while doing so. EOTech (adds weight), @10mmLife states (Holosun) is a good option (although I don't own 1), an RDS can be a bit small (even at 35mm?) and then a Trijicon at 42mm is an awesome choice (well maybe for me!). I'm no help :unsure: 🥴 :rolleyes: o_O:sneaky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I went to holosun after a long time of researching reviews from credible sources, and cost considerations. If I were LE or back in the military or contracting id go eotech or acog, for durability and so on. I switched from an lvpo as my bedside AR is being used for more self defensive purposes and training/plinking at the range, and wanted a faster sight acquisition, less of an obstructed view, and tossed a maginifier on for aging eye sight for shots of a longer nature and positive ID.
There are many many options out there.
It may take you buying a couple items and playing with what you find to be the fit for you and your wants. If this is your case I would say look into monstrum tactical as they have red dots, prism sights, lvpo, that are very budget oriented that you can expiermemt with to slim down the field. I dont know that I'd use them as anything more than for range and practice purposes, I do have some of thier products on play toys and knock on wood never had an issue with anything from them, quad rails, cantelever scope mounts, scopes, prisim sight, stocks, foregrips, etc. But I dont know that I'd go so far as to say they would be life safety dependant.
Just my $.02

Lots of good info here. Many good suggestions. I personally have a Leupold freedom. 3 big reasons, quality, price and lifetime warranty. It's not huge, but not dinky either. The only thing I don't like, it doesn't have shake awake. You have to physically turn it on or off.

There are many options in all price/quality ranges. I agree with 10MM, the Holosun 510 looks nice. Going to be in harsh conditions and expecting to have to protect yourself ? Aim point Pro or buck up and get an Acog. Typical range shooting with a minor in civilian home defense ? I’ve been abusing the hell out of five Romeo 5s on ARs and shotguns for a few years now with absolutely no problems. They’re shake awake and extremely robust. Best in that price range by most accounts. It’s also on sale for $99 at PA and other places right now.

There are many options in all price/quality ranges. I agree with 10MM, the Holosun 510 looks nice. Going to be in harsh conditions and expecting to have to protect yourself ? Aim point Pro or buck up and get an Acog. Typical range shooting with a minor in civilian home defense ? I’ve been abusing the hell out of five Romeo 5s on ARs and shotguns for a few years now with absolutely no problems. They’re shake awake and extremely robust. Best in that price range by most accounts. It’s also on sale for $99 at PA and other places right now.
PA?

Ideally, nothing more than a range toy. I have no plans of putting it into action

Ideally, nothing more than a range toy. I have no plans of putting it into action

Holosun, Sig, or Primary Arms.

I'd go as small and as light as possible, given your stated purpose ("PDW") - understanding that any perceived "field of view" restrictions is just that: "perceived," as with both eyes open, with proper use of the dot (threat focus), you'll literally be "blowing through the optic."

Holosun, Sig, or Primary Arms.

I'd go as small and as light as possible, given your stated purpose ("PDW") - understanding that any perceived "field of view" restrictions is just that: "perceived," as with both eyes open, with proper use of the dot (threat focus), you'll literally be "blowing through the optic."
For HD yes, but that little dot gets big the further away it is from you. Being a small optic, let's just say 20-25mm it doesn't give you much too view. The dot covers it up a lot, especially a 6moa or larger. Now with what you stated a 2 or 3moa might be better on a small window view. The dot distorts/glares the glass from a longer distance even with a good optic. Not all being equal of course.

For HD yes, but that little dot gets big the further away it is from you. Being a small optic, let's just say 20-25mm it doesn't give you much too view. The dot covers it up a lot, especially a 6moa or larger. Now with what you stated a 2 or 3moa might be better on a small window view. The dot distorts/glares the glass from a longer distance even with a good optic. Not all being equal of course.
Except we’re talking about a PDW, here. A 6MOA dot will only cover 3” at 50 yards, which, let’s face it, is a pretty long poke with a sub-10” barrel…not too serious.

Bigger dots are better for quick acquisition at close range.

Except we’re talking about a PDW, here. A 6MOA dot will only cover 3” at 50 yards, which, let’s face it, is a pretty long poke with a sub-10” barrel…not too serious.

Bigger dots are better for quick acquisition at close range.
When I’m shooting further out and I want to be more precise I turn the brightness level down. It helps a lot. I like the 2 MOA.

My boog gun

B045E693-1FAF-4AF6-8B80-BEEFA4513830.jpeg

Back