testtest

Ukraine… Will Russia Invade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think we shouldn’t try to be the worlds police, so what if Russia invades, no hair off my back, the US needs to learn to keep its nose out if others countries business, let those countries handle there own issues
I agree, take care of number one first.
We have our own borders to protect and when we get our own domestic issues solved then and only then we can worry about others.

I have wondered why the current Love affair between China and Russia (the two leaders suggesting they are/could be allies) has not happened before now. Of course they each may remain enemies to each other but Allies against the USA?
If the two were to coordinate/oppose the US in unison...........could be a game changer and a brand new game.........
Don't forget North Korea, they like to saber rattle to get the U.S. attention.

1644794889086.gif

1644794924253.gif

This reminds me of how world war 2 started. First Japan invaded China in '37 then Hitler invaded Poland in 39 etc etc.

With this houseplant of a president and this administration focused on "progressive" values we are seen as weak.

China has said as much. "The United States cannot negotiate from a position of strength" during talks with the US.

Putin will do what he wants. China will do what they want, which is likely take over Tibet and Taiwan.

People like Putin only respond to the barrel of a rifle.

You mean sanctions don't work ? Who knew.

Putin is not trying to start a war. He is going to take over Crimea and Ukraine and no one will do anything about it. And he knows it. China will take Taiwan next. In the near future we can expect countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and N. Korea to acquire nuclear capability because that's how the game works now. All those people complaining about the US being the world police are going to see what happens when it becomes obvious we aren't going to do anything, about anything. No one is scared of crazy old uncle Joe.

Putin is not trying to start a war. He is going to take over Crimea and Ukraine and no one will do anything about it. And he knows it. China will take Taiwan next. In the near future we can expect countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and N. Korea to acquire nuclear capability because that's how the game works now. All those people complaining about the US being the world police are going to see what happens when it becomes obvious we aren't going to do anything, about anything. No one is scared of crazy old uncle Joe.
Exactly. 👆👆👆

Knowing your background in Russian history, I'm curious what your take is on Putin's recent speech justifying entering the separatist regions of Ukraine and, apparently, Ukraine itself. He had a good bit to say about Russian and Ukrainian history.

Knowing your background in Russian history, I'm curious what your take is on Putin's recent speech justifying entering the separatist regions of Ukraine and, apparently, Ukraine itself. He had a good bit to say about Russian and Ukrainian history.
Really I’m much more interested in Russian history pre summer 1923. You have to figure though, Ukraine is really the birthplace of Russia and until the “ Collapse” of the USSR, it was a Russian province. And The Crimea was the vacation spot of the Tsars.

The USSR never collapsed. They went broke, modified their internal infrastructure and have been biding their time. Putin is KGB and always will be. He has been waiting for the right time to begin re-annexing former Russian satellites. If unchecked he will go after the Baltic states next. If you listen to what he said in his warning to the west about interfering, he has threatened military action the likes of which “ Have never been seen in your history”. It is a subtle threat to use nukes. He knows the Russian military can’t defeat a United EU, NATO, American military action with traditional tactics. Is he willing to actually start a nuclear war if the world checks Russia with military force? I don’t know, but I wouldn’t bet against it.

In the face of unified, western military opposition it is very possible we could see a Russo-Chinese alliance.

It is an extremely difficult situation the west is in now. Putin is confident the Americans won’t respond militarily and even if we did he knows the fractured state of our population would prevent any prolonged engagement. And I believe he is prepared to go to the mat in the event he miscalculated.

My prediction ( and probably the best outcome we could hope for from a human life and financial standpoint) is that Russia takes Ukraine and The Crimea. Overwhelming financial pressure from the west could ( temporarily) halt his future plans.

Would it have happened if the US president was unpredictable and tough on foreign policy? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back