testtest

BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
And he we go, if this administration can’t ban AR’s, then they will restrict the ammo for them, I kinda figured one day this might occur

So do other manufacturers have the capacity to fill the void? If not, will there be higher ammo prices for what is still available? Great . . . this is all we need in the new era of rampant inflation and most likely, soon to be, stagflation!

So do other manufacturers have the capacity to fill the void? If not, will there be higher ammo prices for what is still available? Great . . . this is all we need in the new era of rampant inflation and most likely, soon to be, stagflation!
Or shrinkflation….paying full price on a box of 5.56 that used to be 20 rounds, now with shrinkflation……15 round box…..

I’m thinking since this ammo is under government contract
He should still have to go through congress.

I believe Winchester can still sell 5.56 on the civilian market, they just can't do it with the stuff they make at Lake City. The plant is owned by the government.

And with ammo companies running full bore right now, taking 30% of the market away is going to definitely jack prices way up.

He should still have to go through congress.

I believe Winchester can still sell 5.56 on the civilian market, they just can't do it with the stuff they make at Lake City. The plant is owned by the government.

And with ammo companies running full bore right now, taking 30% of the market away is going to definitely jack prices way up.
Yep, agree, c’mon midterms!

The only Lake City ammo that shows up on the civi market is contract over-runs/cancellations.

There are plenty of other US plants that make .223/5.56-spec ammo, and then there's all the stuff that comes in from overseas.

So POTUS 46 has to pick away at what little a certain party can do to limit ammo production.

Any manufacturer that has a contract with the government to purchase what they make can be restricted to who they sell that product to. The manufacturer either complies or could lose the contract and face fines. It is what it is.

I no longer own an AR platform rifle however this will have a trickle down affect eventually on all ammunition as manufacturers see the possibility of fighting the government on supplying ammunition to the general public.

Sad to think and say it’s only going to get worse. I see another run on all ammunition and hoarding.

Last edited:
I fail to see how excess production cannot be sold. If the gov't. doesn't buy it all, how can they deny the liquidation of the rest?
Anyway, as you can see, they will come from all directions in their efforts to control/eliminate guns. Looks like an excellent time to reload and stock up. I was hoping for prices to come down, but this looks like it may be at the bottom.

I fail to see how excess production cannot be sold. If the gov't. doesn't buy it all, how can they deny the liquidation of the rest?
Anyway, as you can see, they will come from all directions in their efforts to control/eliminate guns. Looks like an excellent time to reload and stock up. I was hoping for prices to come down, but this looks like it may be at the bottom.
This government will probably end up donating the overrun ammo to the Taliban so they can feed all their brand new rifles.

Back