testtest

good day at the range

There are numerous indoor ranges in multiple cities just none close to me. I don't want to drive 150 or more miles just to shoot in an indoor range. If there are some closer I don't know about them.
i know all too well about driving...as a former trucker, when i retired, i had racked up just a tad over 4 million miles. that was from coast to coast, south, and up as far as parts of Canada.

in later years, it was more of a regional (localized) driving.

my state has a really nice free outdoor range, that one has to obtain a pass, that lasts 5 years.

i have that pass, and been there all of 2 times. (once for the class/rules, once to shoot)

it is about a 50 minute drive from my house.

when ever i go to my club, 1.8 miles away, that's "too far" to drive nowadays, given my tiredness from all my years of driving.

so i just don't really wanna take all of 2 boxes of ammo (my max limits), drive round trip of nearly 2 hours, for a mere 20 minutes of shooting.

so yes, i understand your situation about driving.

not knowing other than you are in south Texas, all i too could find were these:

i know all too well about driving...as a former trucker, when i retired, i had racked up just a tad over 4 million miles. that was from coast to coast, south, and up as far as parts of Canada.

in later years, it was more of a regional (localized) driving.

my state has a really nice free outdoor range, that one has to obtain a pass, that lasts 5 years.

i have that pass, and been there all of 2 times. (once for the class/rules, once to shoot)

it is about a 50 minute drive from my house.

when ever i go to my club, 1.8 miles away, that's "too far" to drive nowadays, given my tiredness from all my years of driving.

so i just don't really wanna take all of 2 boxes of ammo (my max limits), drive round trip of nearly 2 hours, for a mere 20 minutes of shooting.

so yes, i understand your situation about driving.

not knowing other than you are in south Texas, all i too could find were these:

Old_Me thanks for your research. The range in Markham is 75 miles from me. It's been a few years that I regularly competed in rifle & pistol matches there. The club/range I belong to is much better and closer. I usually shoot 2-3 days a month. I would like shoot more often but medical issues won't let me. Getting older is much better than the alternative, but it still sucks.

Old_Me thanks for your research. The range in Markham is 75 miles from me. It's been a few years that I regularly competed in rifle & pistol matches there. The club/range I belong to is much better and closer. I usually shoot 2-3 days a month. I would like shoot more often but medical issues won't let me. Getting older is much better than the alternative, but it still sucks.
that's what i face.

the club i belong to is 1.8 miles from my house, but the backwall is like only 40 feet.

the range i was going to, that jacked up thier membership, is 75 feet, or the required 25 yards for the ccw test.

if i do not renew my membership there, i will at least pay the fee for the port, and the test. so about $125.00

and that place is 20 minutes from my house.

another club, indoor/outdoor ranges, has memberships for about $200 per year, but, i have to go thru Massachusetts then back into my state, where it is....30 minutes away

i'd prefer to go thru my state, but that is 1 hour drive time.

the past several range trips were lousy.....oh, i liked getting away from the house and shooting, but my shot placements were not that good, let alone great. i was shooting, 9mm, and 38 specials as they were due for the range

which is why i hadn't posted any pics...

i was really feeling disgusted about my shooting

but the rotation of guns today, made me take my Dan Wesson Heritage 1911, in 45 ACP of course.

well today was a GREAT DAY AT THE RANGE, in a while, so much so, i even was able to pick up at least 3 of my 230 gr. bullets. somehow, the backstop seems to distort them with that sudden stop....... :ROFLMAO:

i've said it more than once before....."I LOVE MY 1911's"

1714569987034.png

this was the first target, and the few bottom shots (6) were my "warm up" shots...

otherwise, 50 rds, reloaded 230 gr, at 25 feet away

1714570113836.png

and the second target, using Federal 230 gr FMJ, 50 rds, 25 feet away
1714570195862.png

the past several range trips were lousy.....oh, i liked getting away from the house and shooting, but my shot placements were not that good, let alone great. i was shooting, 9mm, and 38 specials as they were due for the range

but the rotation of guns today, made me take my Dan Wesson Heritage 1911, in 45 ACP of course.

well today was a GREAT DAY AT THE RANGE, in a while, so much so, i even was able to pick up at least 3 of my 230 gr. bullets. somehow, the backstop seems to distort them with that sudden stop....... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 56942

this was the first target, and the few bottom shots (6) were my "warm up" shots...

View attachment 56943

View attachment 56944
Very nice !
See what happens when you dont use the Hi-point 😉😃👍

View attachment 56942

View attachment 56943

View attachment 56944
Good shooting!

Back