48117101646_0862cc8729_b.jpg

Springfield Custom Shop modded Milspec

Trijicon Night Sights
Flush cut and crowned barrel
Speed trigger
Flat MSH
Hammer and beaver tail
Springfield's 1911 Defensive Package:
1. Deburr pistol internally 2. Tune extractor & ejector 3. Recut barrel throat & polish feed ramp 4. Install custom match bushing 5. Check headspace 6. Install new recoil spring & firing pin spring 7. Tuned 4.5 lb. trigger 8. GI Models: Lower & flare ejection port; install extended ejector 9. Refinish as needed (Additional charge for some finishes) 10. Reliability tuning 11. Inspect & test fire for function
Refinished in Satin Black Armory Kote

Later I added a Springfield ambi safety and Smith & Alexander mag well.
KKfbJ0b.jpg

Some really nice 1911s guys. I have yet to purchase my first 1911 but I am looking forward to it. I’ve decided it will definitely be a Springfield. My big question with the modern 1911 platform is will it or will it not reliably feed and extract hollow points? ..because of my other 45 caliber firearms hollow points are a round I have a lot of. Have you guys found there any specific Springfield 1911 models that are better/worse at cycling hollow points?
Thanks for the input

Some really nice 1911s guys. I have yet to purchase my first 1911 but I am looking forward to it. I’ve decided it will definitely be a Springfield. My big question with the modern 1911 platform is will it or will it not reliably feed and extract hollow points? ..because of my other 45 caliber firearms hollow points are a round I have a lot of. Have you guys found there any specific Springfield 1911 models that are better/worse at cycling hollow points?
Thanks for the input
Should cycle fine. All of my 1911s eat everything I feed them. I dont own any Springers anymore, but they should feed fine, as mine was fine from the start. If you’re hesitant, I recommend finding a model you like, and research the snot out of it with google. Or head over to the 1911 forum if you cant find your answers. Theres a lot of great information and in good detail on most manufacturers.
Be warned. These pistols are addicting.

Thanks for the input
Ginge above put it very well. Getting your hands on some at various local shops would be my first suggestion. Of the springfields I've owned and used they've all functioned properly when maintained properly 100% of the time. But don't expect every firearm to function perfectly everytime there's always a possibility. So learning and practicing for that moment is critical.

Nice gun! Can you tell us a bit more about the custom work you had done and why?

Sorry I took so long to answer you . The Custom work was all done by SACS ( Springfield Armory Custom Shop )
I always wanted a Commander size pistol for carry . I wanted a 9mm 1911 and I wanted a bobtail 1911 . So I put all
the things I wanted into one pistol . SACS machine checkered the front strap 25LPI , Bobtail it , reworked the grips
to fit ( Awesome sanding job ) , Colt high cut the trigger guard , Trigger job 4.0 lbs , Cerakote frame & slide . They
had a Reliability Package " when they were a full service shop " That was done . Its a fun little light pistol to shoot .
Thank you for your interest . I'am a SACS Fan Boy . Also I believe ALL 1911's should have front strap checkering . ;)

35720588165_3d731e1e81_h.jpg

Last edited:
Back