testtest

The Rifleman’s Rifle — SAINT 5.56mm

Ok as usual an awesome article and great review on an great firearm but I have one question or maybe expressing some confusion.
What is a picatinny gas block?
Not trying to be a smart a**
The glass block has a small section of picatinny on it, normally the front sight gets mounted on it.

Other options are a low profile gas block that the handguard goes over, or the old gas block that had the "A" style front sight.

finally took mine out over the weekend. Irons sights were dead on at 50 meters...I forgot to loctite the RDS and they fell into a mud puddle on the 15th round...This pandemic has me over using ellipses. Got my paperwork in for my LTCF, eyeballing you, Hellcat.

Good post Mike & 1776_Duck. I own the Saint 5.56 Carbine with the "A" style front post. I wanted one for my collection of AR's and got it a a Gun Show in the $800 range.
I also like the Flag in the video with what looks to be a picture of our very own "Annihilator" on it, behind the "Duke" cutout there in the video. :unsure: Nice. :sneaky:

Great video as always Mike you always put out informative good stuff. I do have some questions, 1st regarding how often an AR should be cleaned? 800 rounds mentioned in the video and hasn’t been cleaned surprised me, I clean my AR’s after I shoot them anywhere between
50-150 rounds, obviously a deeper cleaning after more rounds fired, so my question is am I over cleaning it?

In regards to the BCM stock I have the second version of the Saint AR15 rifle with the full floating Mlok hand guard and I just recently replaced the stock with a Magpul unit because I could not collapse or extend the stock by myself since it was so tight on the buffertube.
making it so it’s not loose is one thing but needing to bang it on a bench to collapse it is another.

Finally I’d like to see a video or article on where is best place to mount sling attachments so the rifle hangs close to the body without wanting to flop over.
I understand a lot of that is personal preference but where is the best starting point?

Great video as always Mike you always put out informative good stuff. I do have some questions, 1st regarding how often an AR should be cleaned? 800 rounds mentioned in the video and hasn’t been cleaned surprised me, I clean my AR’s after I shoot them anywhere between
50-150 rounds, obviously a deeper cleaning after more rounds fired, so my question is am I over cleaning it?

In regards to the BCM stock I have the second version of the Saint AR15 rifle with the full floating Mlok hand guard and I just recently replaced the stock with a Magpul unit because I could not collapse or extend the stock by myself since it was so tight on the buffertube.
making it so it’s not loose is one thing but needing to bang it on a bench to collapse it is another.

Finally I’d like to see a video or article on where is best place to mount sling attachments so the rifle hangs close to the body without wanting to flop over.
I understand a lot of that is personal preference but where is the best starting point?
Keystone19250, thanks for the compliment on the article. I think that Eli did a great job on the review.

On your cleaning question, that can be pretty subjective, with one shooter having a very different opinion than another. I personally tend to clean my ARs in the 300-round range, unless I'm shooting really nasty ammo. I'm sure some shooters here clean more often, and others less :)

I will say, I was out as a writer attending the launch of the SAINT back in 2016, and we ran a ton of ammo through those guns in nasty, dusty conditions, and I did not clean it any over the two days I was there and didn't have a single malfunction with it during the event. No lube added during that time, no nothing. Needless to say, I was impressed!

Sorry to hear about the issue with the stock. I would suggest next time something like that happens, definitely reach out to Springfield Armory's customer service department. They will make sure to help you out with any issues you might have.

Interesting idea on the sling point deal. I might just happen to have a piece coming up soonish related to that ... :) Be sure to stay tuned!

With recent events in the world, I am reconsidering my previous stance on the AR-15. I am looking for a semi auto long gun to supplement my home defense, so I stopped by the PX after work and checked out this specific model. The build quality was exceptional and exactly what I expected from SA. I have only handled/shot an AR once in the past 24 years, but I swear it was larger than this Saint. I was yanking on the butt stock trying to extend it further when the kid behind the gun counter informed me that the stock was already fully extended. I felt like an idiot and mumbled something like "It's a lot smaller than I remember."

Have ARs gotten smaller in recent years? Maybe an M1A is more suitable for me.

With recent events in the world, I am reconsidering my previous stance on the AR-15. I am looking for a semi auto long gun to supplement my home defense, so I stopped by the PX after work and checked out this specific model. The build quality was exceptional and exactly what I expected from SA. I have only handled/shot an AR once in the past 24 years, but I swear it was larger than this Saint. I was yanking on the butt stock trying to extend it further when the kid behind the gun counter informed me that the stock was already fully extended. I felt like an idiot and mumbled something like "It's a lot smaller than I remember."

Have ARs gotten smaller in recent years? Maybe an M1A is more suitable for me.
Were you handling an AR pistol.
Was it a brace or a stock?
And , yes, AR’s are “smaller”.
By that I mean slimmer
Brands now try to make their rifles slimmer profile, but barrel length is same

Were you handling an AR pistol.
Was it a brace or a stock?
And , yes, AR’s are “smaller”.
By that I mean slimmer
Brands now try to make their rifles slimmer profile, but barrel length is same
Same as the model depicted in the video article above. It was the rifle version with collapsible stock. I'm so out of touch with the AR now, I thought something was wrong. It was almost like I was holding a "youth model." I guess it was the perceived decrease in length of pull.

I don't think it's for me. I'm more a fan of fuller-sized rifles and shotguns. Thanks, though.

Same as the model depicted in the video article above. It was the rifle version with collapsible stock. I'm so out of touch with the AR now, I thought something was wrong. It was almost like I was holding a "youth model." I guess it was the perceived decrease in length of pull.

I don't think it's for me. I'm more a fan of fuller-sized rifles and shotguns. Thanks, though.
When I broke down and got my first AR I was shocked at how small/short they are.

Really it depends on what your intended use is. For a fighting rifle, a 16" ( or a suppressed 10.5") AR is just about perfect. If you are hunting or target shooting I dang sure wouldn't be looking at ARs.

When I broke down and got my first AR I was shocked at how small/short they are.

Really it depends on what your intended use is. For a fighting rifle, a 16" ( or a suppressed 10.5") AR is just about perfect. If you are hunting or target shooting I dang sure wouldn't be looking at ARs.
I didn't look at it from that point of view. Thank you, Sir.

Back