testtest

Your favorite Springfield

M1 Garand and XD Mod 2 4.0 Service in .40. The Garand was passed down to me. Most of the parts have been replaced to keep it in working condition. And the pistol if my favorite. I've tried out dozens of pistols. And I fell in love with the XD. Ergonomic grip, fits my large hands perfectly, and fires really smooth. And the recoil is easier to control compared to other full size .40 handguns.

None of my favorite Springfield's are made by Springfield. I am not actually sure if SA even makes guns besides the M1A and variants. I have the impression they just re-badge guns from other people, or assemble parts made by other people in foreign countries, but don't know for sure. Kind of like Century but with quality parts and hiring real gunsmiths instead of escaped circus monkeys with hammers. I would like to know, but I can understand the company being tight lipped about it.

Having said that though, they have brought some excellent guns into the country over the years. The Springfield Omega has to be my favorite. Its an SA stamped/Brazilian made frame on a Peters Stahl ported slide in 10mm. Its a wonderful gun and one of these days I hope to add a 2 tone longslide to it.

I also like the SA marked P9/P9C Tanfoglio's that they brought into the country as parts and assembled in the US. They were wonderfully hand fit guns, and I have owned several over the years. I also covet a friends SA branded FAL as well. It is a bit of a happy quirk gun in that it is the closest to an MOA FAL I have ever seen, but only if you only load 5 or less in the mag.

None of my favorite Springfield's are made by Springfield. I am not actually sure if SA even makes guns besides the M1A and variants. I have the impression they just re-badge guns from other people, or assemble parts made by other people in foreign countries, but don't know for sure. Kind of like Century but with quality parts and hiring real gunsmiths instead of escaped circus monkeys with hammers. I would like to know, but I can understand the company being tight lipped about it.

Having said that though, they have brought some excellent guns into the country over the years. The Springfield Omega has to be my favorite. Its an SA stamped/Brazilian made frame on a Peters Stahl ported slide in 10mm. Its a wonderful gun and one of these days I hope to add a 2 tone longslide to it.

I also like the SA marked P9/P9C Tanfoglio's that they brought into the country as parts and assembled in the US. They were wonderfully hand fit guns, and I have owned several over the years. I also covet a friends SA branded FAL as well. It is a bit of a happy quirk gun in that it is the closest to an MOA FAL I have ever seen, but only if you only load 5 or less in the mag.
I heard the only Springfields made in the US are the M1A’s and the 1911s, all others are made in Croatia and possibly else where.

M1A in 6.5 Creedmoor
66038471_10157294361879932_223335048101756928_n.jpg

I got the 5.25 XDM in 10mm, as well as XDs, XDe & XD.Mod2 compacts all in 45
Have you ever tried carrying them all at once? JK lol🤪.

Moving from MA to NH really opened up my options for firearms. In MA all new guns need to be on a state approved roster so the options are limited there to meet MA approval and Springfield just got approved about a year ago there.

My favorite today is my MOD-2's
I bought a MOD-2 compact in 9mm, it felt better in my hand than a glock and I didn't like the Smith&Wesson's gritty triggers on their early M&P line.
I like the compact so much I bought a MOD-2 Tactical for the range, they both have worked flawless.
My next one should be a 1911 in 9mm and that may become my favorite.

Have you ever tried carrying them all at once? JK lol🤪.

Moving from MA to NH really opened up my options for firearms. In MA all new guns need to be on a state approved roster so the options are limited there to meet MA approval and Springfield just got approved about a year ago there.
I’ve tried, but they keep falling out of my pockets :p. I bought them when SA was running their Gear up promo. I thought they were good deals so I sprang for them.

My favorite today is my MOD-2's
I bought a MOD-2 compact in 9mm, it felt better in my hand than a glock and I didn't like the Smith&Wesson's gritty triggers on their early M&P line.
I like the compact so much I bought a MOD-2 Tactical for the range, they both have worked flawless.
My next one should be a 1911 in 9mm and that may become my favorite.
I own a few pistols from the M&P line and I had to put the apex trigger kit ($90 dollars later) in my full-size 2.0 9mm to enjoy the gun. My shield 2.0 trigger is pretty decent right out of the box with a little take up no creep, clean break & short reset.

I’ve tried, but they keep falling out of my pockets :p. I bought them when SA was running their Gear up promo. I thought they were good deals so I sprang for them.
They were running some awesome deals! I really wanted to buy a few pistols to get the promotion but ARs kept getting in the way. Unfortunately the 10mm XDM I bought wasn't offered with the promotion from Springfield.

I own a few pistols from the M&P line and I had to put the apex trigger kit ($90 dollars later) in my full-size 2.0 9mm to enjoy the gun. My shield 2.0 trigger is pretty decent right out of the box with a little take up no creep and a clean break & short reset.
Yup, did the same with my Shield 9 Gen 1. The Performance Center Shields have a better trigger then Gen 1, maybe the same as the 2.0s

Back