testtest

It Begins.....

It’s proposed, but hadn’t been implemented (yet).

If it is, I’m pretty sure I’m going to take advantage of the free tax stamps on several weapons.

End of the world, it ain’t.

What it does go to show, without a doubt, is that the current administration doesn’t give two :poop:‘s about gun owners, and never has...because if they did, they could have cleaned house at the ATF.

Another article link on the same subject:

Yeah , get your tax stamps and get all those MSRs registered so in a year or two they can come back and take them because they know exactly who has what. Nope ! Not me. That is if I had any of those scary MSRs which I don't. Just my pistols and a 30-30 lever rifle. 😇

Question:
There were “blades” released in many older AR pistols when the “brace” was not really a huge concept.

would it not be fair to asses that blades would not be subject to a tax stamp where all the push the envelope brace would be. ATF ruled that the blades were legal in a letter already

Man, this all seems WAY too arbitrary. So, firearms with pistol braces, sold as pistols and registered as pistols will suddenly become NFA items. But not all of them. Which ones? Well, it all depends on the weapon. Well, what is the criteria? We don’t know until we see the firearm. We’re not going to tell you now, we’ll let you know when we see it and evaluate it. If it’s good, you’re good. If not, we’ll charge you with a felony. WTF???

Doesn’t look like it matters that you bought the gun as a pistol with a brace. Or if it had a brace and you changed the brace out for one which had a BATFE letter of approval specifically for that brace. I don’t know, man. This is a mess. Typical government bureaucracy...

The "Guidance" provided by the ATF is absolutely mind-boggling. I really think the ATF may be intentionally trying to violate so many Constitutional Amendments and federal laws that the attorneys who will inevitably sue them won't know where to start. The guidance is unconstitutionally vague, has the makings of a serious Takings Clause violation, and quite possibly violates the Americans With Disabilities Act, just to start.

With very few exceptions, criminal suspects must have met the mens rea (i.e. mental) element of a crime by acting intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence at the time they committed a violation of the law. If the ATF does not provide exact measurements, calibers, and other definitions of what makes something an SBR instead of a braced pistol, then it is impossible for anyone to act intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence to violate the law. The "We Know it When We See It" standard is not legally sufficient for prosecution.

The "Guidance" provided by the ATF is absolutely mind-boggling. I really think the ATF may be intentionally trying to violate so many Constitutional Amendments and federal laws that the attorneys who will inevitably sue them won't know where to start. The guidance is unconstitutionally vague, has the makings of a serious Takings Clause violation, and quite possibly violates the Americans With Disabilities Act, just to start.

With very few exceptions, criminal suspects must have met the mens rea (i.e. mental) element of a crime by acting intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence at the time they committed a violation of the law. If the ATF does not provide exact measurements, calibers, and other definitions of what makes something an SBR instead of a braced pistol, then it is impossible for anyone to act intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence to violate the law. The "We Know it When We See It" standard is not legally sufficient for prosecution.
Well said, but I don’t think they care anymore. Write it vaguely so they can apply it anyway they want and put the burden on the individual.

It’s proposed, but hadn’t been implemented (yet).

If it is, I’m pretty sure I’m going to take advantage of the free tax stamps on several weapons.

End of the world, it ain’t.

What it does go to show, without a doubt, is that the current administration doesn’t give two :poop:‘s about gun owners, and never has...because if they did, they could have cleaned house at the ATF.

I have around 40 stripped lowers that I may register as pistols :) More valuable that way since you can go up but can't go down.

Back