testtest

Hellcat in Massachusetts

I checked around and there are no plans at this time for an MA version of the Hellcat.
Thanks for checking into this Louis. I (and I’m sure ac1mac who originally asked the question), appreciate your efforts and quick response to this question. Fortunately, my state does not have these restrictions and I bought my Hellcat at the end of last year. Thanks again.

It’s hard for me to imagine living in places that restrict your rights and freedoms so much. I guess family or job situations can dictate staying there, but I continually meet folks here in Alabama that have moved from such places. Not only do we have 2A rights, but their house buying dollars go a LOT farther than on the left or right coasts...

It’s hard for me to imagine living in places that restrict your rights and freedoms so much. I guess family or job situations can dictate staying there, but I continually meet folks here in Alabama that have moved from such places. Not only do we have 2A rights, but their house buying dollars go a LOT farther than on the left or right coasts...
Very true and you are correct about family and job dictating were folks reside. I have wanted to relocate for a long time. I can tell you with certainty that will happen as soon as I retire. On the Hellcat topic, it wouldn't surprise me if we see this a few years down the road. That's what seems to happen here. It will be out for a year or two before we get it, that is of course up to Springfield.

Hey gang, did some more digging on this, and there is a 10-round version of the Hellcat in the works, so there should be some relief coming for you all!
Thanks Mike, we appreciate the update. It will be good news for poster ac1mac and others that live in mag round constricted States like Mass. Again, appreciate you, Louis, and poster HotRod for looking into it.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea when and if the Hellcat may be sold in Massachusetts (needs a 10rd mag). I have wanted this gun since it debuted but it is not legal in the over regulated state I live in. I talked to my local gunshop owner and he said his Springfield representative told him that SA was not going to make a mass complaint version. Has anyone else heard this?
After poster HotRod and SA editor/admin Mike & Louis, all checked into this, it does appear that SA is producing the Hellcat with a 10 round mag to make it compliant in Mass. and other States with that restriction. Although Louis apparently didn’t get correct info the first time, Mike & HotRod did. You can see their responses on the end of 2nd page of this thread. Their efforts are all appreciated.

Thanks to everyone that looked into the Hellcat issue for me. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Although Massachusetts did just release its latest list of approved pistols and since August they only added 7 guns. 5 were variants of the Sig P360 and 2 were S&W Shields. That just goes to show you who is in the states pocket. The day a new Sig hits the Market it is Mass Compliant. Very convenient I say.

New Hampshire? Not much better. Move to Missouri, Texas, Florida, Montana, South Dakota or Idaho.
New Hampshire has almost no 2A restrictions outside of federal laws.

We have constitutional carry with the only place you can't carry is in federal buildings and also there are zero prohibited firearms or accessories in the state. Plus you can buy silencers, SBR's & machine guns with just the approval of a federal tax stamp and no further state requirements.

The last 4 years have scored big victories for pro 2A laws in NH.

The constitutional carry in New Hampshire extends to any American citizen from whatever state they reside regardless if you have an LTC in your own state.

I grew up in Massachusetts and lived there until 2 years ago and in my opinion New Hampshire is a major difference from Massachusetts with 2A rights. The 2 states are on opposite ends of the spectrum for personal freedoms.

Massachusetts has strict licensing requirements, assault weapons ban, mag limits, red flag laws and a restrictive state approved firearms roster.

The Massachusetts LTC is may issue only and the city you reside in can deny you without cause or reason with you having minimal course of action to appeal a denial.

Last edited:
New Hampshire has almost no 2A restrictions outside of federal laws.

We have constitutional carry with the only place you can't carry is in federal buildings and also there are zero prohibited firearms or accessories in the state. Plus you can buy silencers, SBR's & machine guns with just the approval of a federal tax stamp and no further state requirements.

The last 4 years have scored big victories for pro 2A laws in NH.

The constitutional carry in New Hampshire extends to any American citizen from whatever state they reside regardless if you have an LTC in your own state.

I grew up in Massachusetts and lived there until 2 years ago and in my opinion New Hampshire is a major difference from Massachusetts with 2A rights. The 2 states are on opposite ends of the spectrum for personal freedoms.

Massachusetts has strict licensing requirements, assault weapons ban, mag limits, red flag laws and a restrictive state approved firearms roster.

The Massachusetts LTC is may issue only and the city you reside in can deny you without cause or reason with you having minimal course of action to appeal a denial.
Excellent. :)

I think the trick in exercising out of state carry privileges in NH for someone like me (Alabama) would be getting there! There is a band of red states on the USCCA CCW reciprocity map that would prevent me from driving into NH with a weapon in my car in all likelihood.

I think the trick in exercising out of state carry privileges in NH for someone like me (Alabama) would be getting there! There is a band of red states on the USCCA CCW reciprocity map that would prevent me from driving into NH with a weapon in my car in all likelihood.
The republicans who voted the constitutional law into place wanted to make sure that every legal US citizen who's not a prohibited possessor the right to carry in NH without even having an LTC in your home state because they know some states like Massachusetts unfairly deny law abiding citizens for no reason depending on which city you live in.

New Hampshire also has stand your ground and castle laws here with zero legal or financial reprisals stemming from a justified shooting.

With all this being said New Hampshire is in the top 3 safest states in the country.

Back