testtest

.22 for concealed carry, are you kidding me?

I cannot answer the “Why?” as too CCW with a .22LR. However, I can imagine that having a gun available provides comfort and could discourage would be attackers. Maybe a really good self-defense designed ammunition could add a layer of protection?
Just a thought.

I have heard excellent reviews on the Standard S333 which fires two .22 Magnum shots at one time and is shootable four times between reloads. The gun is pocket carry. I have not shot the weapon myself but...

What am I am missing?
giphy.gif

Try empathy! There are some people that, for whatever reason, is all they have or can handle. Speaking for myself, I primarily carry a NAA in 22 mag and I am most definitely not weak or feable! I can and do carry larger calibers as the mood suits me.

My wife, who has crippling arthritis, carries a .22 LR pistol, with 11 rounds on tap, in her pocketbook. That’s the only round that she’s able to handle. Should I take it away from her because you feel she’s to “feeble” among us?? Many encounters with “bad guys” are de-escalated by the mere presentation of a weapon. If it isn’t, then she would be fully capable of putting rounds down-range if need be. I hope she’s never in that situation. So, is the .22 LR the best round for self-defense?? Prolly not.....but it is better than getting raped or worse yet, killed, without putting up a defense. JMHO. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend.

My wife, who has crippling arthritis, carries a .22 LR pistol, with 11 rounds on tap, in her pocketbook. That’s the only round that she’s able to handle. Should I take it away from her because you feel she’s to “feeble” among us?? Many encounters with “bad guys” are de-escalated by the mere presentation of a weapon. If it isn’t, then she would be fully capable of putting rounds down-range if need be. I hope she’s never in that situation. So, is the .22 LR the best round for self-defense?? Prolly not.....but it is better than getting raped or worse yet, killed, without putting up a defense. JMHO. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend.

I never suggested you take it away, nor am i trying to offend anyone. however, no CCW instructor would ever suggest you present a firearm to deescalate a scenario. never ever ever ever ever. It's illegal in many states. That is what gets people killed and it's exactly the point i'm making. You don't show your weapon to scare someone off you brandish your firearm to use it when your life or somone elses is in imminent threat.

In your case, is sounds like a serious medical condition and you sound like someone who makes sure she knwos how to use it but I bet there's a lot of folks carrying .22 who can and should be carrying a better tool for the job.

What the heck is up with these new .22 LR pistols being touted for self defense? Are CCW holders in general so week that they need an easy rack gun or a .22 caliber to handle the recoil? .22s are awesome for plinking and tormenting tin cans but come on... We have the most feable amoung us arming themselves with low capacity unreliable mouse guns. What am I am missing?
giphy.gif
I have downed a lot of deer with a 22 rifle in my life. Carry a 22 as backup.

Your right, in the sense that a weapon should never be presented to, in fact, de-escalate a bad situation. The weapon presentation is brought out in fear of ones life or in the protection of another’s life. That presentation , has in fact, de-escalated many a confrontation to the point of a “bad guy” fleeing or stopping the threat factor. JMHO. We learn from each other.

Your right it’s great for plunking but some people can’t shoot accurately with large one kill calibers. So using the 22 and placing multiple shots accurately on target will do the job. My instructor for my CCW carries a 22 as his weapon of choice. There are as many people killed with 22s as there is with any other caliber.
If it is a recoil issue, then using something like the KelTec PMR30 might be a solution. 30 rounds of 22 WMR. The much higher velocity and greater round capacity with little to no recoil. I tested on out and was amazed how accurate it was at 15 yards. And with almost no recoil, very quick to bring back on target.

What the heck is up with these new .22 LR pistols being touted for self defense? Are CCW holders in general so week that they need an easy rack gun or a .22 caliber to handle the recoil? .22s are awesome for plinking and tormenting tin cans but come on... We have the most feable amoung us arming themselves with low capacity unreliable mouse guns. What am I am missing?
giphy.gif
22lr killed a lot of people. you are obviously young. I carried a .45 acp most of my life, still do. Here comes the but, but nowdays sometimes I do not have the energy, movement,old bones that have mended are now arthritic, hands damaged , strength and agility suffers, just aren't as comfortable to 3.5#'s, weight of an officers model, on hip or shoulder(have had both rebuilt). do it while you can laddie buck and there is more involved in that statement than just packin'

Certainly better than nothing at all. I don't think your average bad guy is going to study it long enough and say "oh it's just a .22" Hopefully they are smart enough to run if they see it. Then it has done its job.

I have a friend that teaches CPL classes and has 2 S&W M&P22c's and they are great for training and muscle memory, his carry gun is a M&P 40c so they work well. He is not going to use them as carry gun's though. I personally prefer 9mm

22lr killed a lot of people. you are obviously young. I carried a .45 acp most of my life, still do. Here comes the but, but nowdays sometimes I do not have the energy, movement,old bones that have mended are now arthritic, hands damaged , strength and agility suffers, just aren't as comfortable to 3.5#'s, weight of an officers model, on hip or shoulder(have had both rebuilt). do it while you can laddie buck and there is more involved in that statement than just packin'
Sure but knives have killed a lot of people too. I'm not saying they can't be leathal. i'm saying .22 LR is a poor choice for EDC. There are numerous options if you want a small, light gun that's easier to rack in calibers that don't have the downsides of a .22 LR. those short barreled .22LR pistols are producing 50-75 footpounds. A 380 would be small, more reliable, light, low recoil and deliver 3-4x that.

Back