testtest

Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

The amount of morons in this world today is just insane! What would posses these to dipsh*ts to think this would be a good idea especially considering one of them was retired law enforcement. I'm a big proponent of an eye for an eye and in this case 2 eyes.

Murder deserves the death penalty plain & simple!
I said the same when the cop (I believe in NC), stopped an African American for not paying child support (the excuse he used), the white cop claimed he tried to grab his taser, they struggles and he was forced to shot and kill him. Problem was that there was someone video taping it on his cell phone, showing the victim trying to run away, the cop shot him in the back and then "planted" the taser next to his body. I said he should get life or the death penalty, but he only got 20 years and will probably be out before full sentence is served. They should put hin in general population and tell everyone he's a former cop.

The police are way to connected on a personal level with the court system so they get a pass most of the time even when a heinous crime has been committed. Everyone including the courts forget that the police are citizens appointed by the people to protect the innocent and they are not above the law and should receive zero special treatment when they run afoul of the law.

I don't mean this to beat on the police because I personally feel there are mostly good cops out there with a few bad seeds mixed in.

I'm sure the local DA has some personal connection with one of these douche bags!

Yes, the Ex cop was an investigator for the DA's office, he retired from that last year.

From a local paper to the shooting
"
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced the arrests the day after it began its own investigation at the request of an outside prosecutor.

The shooting death of Arbery, 25, has been passed through three district attorneys in the two and a half months since the man was shot and killed while jogging through a Glynn County neighborhood the afternoon of Feb. 23."

Lets try to stay away from the Police are Bad or Good angle since we can all agree there are good police and bad police.....the same with any community you look at.

Try to look at it through the lens of: was this a bad shooting? Did the shooters go to far? What went wrong etc. What can we learn from it?

The police are way to connected on a personal level with the court system so they get a pass most of the time even when a heinous crime has been committed. Everyone including the courts forget that the police are citizens appointed by the people to protect the innocent and they are not above the law and should receive zero special treatment when they run afoul of the law.

I don't mean this to beat on the police because I personally feel there are mostly good cops out there with a few bad seeds mixed in.
Agreed. The vast majority of law enforcement are law abiding and put their lives on the line everyday. Unfortunately there are bad actors within and it gives all law enforcement a black eye when things such as this occur.

Agreed. The vast majority of law enforcement are law abiding and put their lives on the line everyday. Unfortunately there are bad actors within and it gives all law enforcement a black eye when things such as this occur.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is still a “thin blue line” mentality that keeps those good cops from calling out, and getting rid of, the bad actors in their ranks.

And this is a problem. The “us vs them” militarization mindset prevalent in law enforcement needs to go.

Lets try to stay away from the Police are Bad or Good angle since we can all agree there are good police and bad police.....the same with any community you look at.

Try to look at it through the lens of: was this a bad shooting? Did the shooters go to far? What went wrong etc. What can we learn from it?
Just like gun owners. Law abiding gun owners shouldn't be deemed terrorist because someone used a gun in an unlawful way.

I keep stating the obvious and it seems to offend everyone.

This is very similar to the Zimmerman case. A non-black person is armed and supposedly investigating suspicious activity. The black young person runs at the armed person, literally assaults them, and is shot dead.

What person in their right mind runs at a person with a shotgun?

There’s more to this story. I know most people have already convicted the shooter, but there’s more to this story. I’d bet $1000 that kid wasn’t jogging.

This could have been a bad situation? I was headed home from a 750 mile round trip and with 300 miles too go I stopped too help 3 teens(all Hispanic). Their car needed some coolant and the solenoid was bad. While I was helping them 2 deputies and a state trooper showed up. They asked what was going on? I said that I stopped too help them and they told them what problem they were having with the car. I (white) didn't get searched, but they did. They were not intoxicated or on any drugs. The cops left and I told them I wasn't going too leave them because the cop were extremely hateful! I got their car working and followed them home (about 20 miles) in the same direction I was going.

I keep stating the obvious and it seems to offend everyone.

This is very similar to the Zimmerman case. A non-black person is armed and supposedly investigating suspicious activity. The black young person runs at the armed person, literally assaults them, and is shot dead.

What person in their right mind runs at a person with a shotgun?

There’s more to this story. I know most people have already convicted the shooter, but there’s more to this story. I’d bet $1000 that kid wasn’t jogging.
You should watch the Colion Noir video shared earlier in the thread. Facts, unarmed man running away. Shooters chased the man down and escalated the situation. The suspected crime, a non violent property crime. They were impatient and did not allow time for the police to do their job. Again watch the Colion Noir video.

You should watch the Colion Noir video shared earlier in the thread. Facts, unarmed man running away. Shooters chased the man down and escalated the situation. The suspected crime, a non violent property crime. They were impatient and did not allow time for the police to do their job. Again watch the Colion Noir video.
Great video xdman. This case is definitely going to be interesting and take many twist and turns.
(My opinion) in the video of Ahmaud jogging it looks like he is unaware of what is going on, he is not running and jogs around to the passengers side of the truck because the drivers door was left open by the son when he exited.
He is confronted by the son with the shotgun and attempts to fight off the son. You would “think” that if Ahmaud was attempting to flee from a crime he would be running not jogging and would have avoided just slowly jogging around a truck parked in the street.

You should watch the Colion Noir video shared earlier in the thread. Facts, unarmed man running away. [Man appears to be same man robbing the neighborhood]. Shooters chased the man down and escalated the situation. [Shooters legally armed]. The suspected crime, a non violent property crime. They were impatient and did not allow time for the police to do their job. [Unarmed man attacks legally armed man with his fists and tries to take gun]. [Legally armed man defends self and kills unarmed man]. Again watch the Colion Noir video.

I edited your comment to make a point. We have laws, and we don’t know the facts. But it does not look good for the victim’s family. As soon as the “jogger” attacked and tried to take the gun, the gun owner had the right to use it.

That said, the gun owner may in fact be guilty of other crimes, like harassment, stalking, threatening, assault (verbal), etc. I don’t know. But I think people wanting a conviction for murder are going to be disappointed. My opinion and I’ll wait to see what happens before I pass judgment.

If it was in Texas the 1 with the gun would be going away for a long time! There was no reason too show a gun for a supposed crime? The 1 with the gun started it in the first place, not the jogger! This is a case of stupid is and stupid does(father and son)! The father was taking his son out for his first hunt? The comment before this 1 might be wrong, but just think about it?

Back