testtest

Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

Except it wouldn't have happened if guys in a truck weren't chasing him. Call 911 and let the police handle the situation as it didn't begin as a life or death situation..... you really need to read everything. Helps a lot.....
You are correct SMSgtRod in so much that everyone has their own opinions on this tragedy and rightly so I’m guessing nobody has ALL the facts except for law enforcement who has stepped up and now in full investigation mode. I myself call this murder, my opinion and in all my post regarding this exact situation I’ve not mentioned color. I will admit that I mentioned if two men of color had murdered a white man it would NOT taken over a month to make an arrest and I stand by the statement. The bottom line is this was a senseless unnecessary act that cost a human being his life.

It seems like the story is evolving every day. Now the under construction home owner, says a bunch of people before the deceased showed up to look around same as the deceased and visit with the Owner. Maybe looking for work?

Looks to me more like there is an attitude issue on both sides. I can see how this would have escalated. Entitled excop and guy that is tired of being profiled. Not to mention the lack of communication between LEOs. Like a plane crash, a perfect alignment of everything thats wrong.

Looks to me more like there is an attitude issue on both sides. I can see how this would have escalated. Entitled [redneck] excop and guy [with a criminal record] that is tired of being profiled. Not to mention the lack of communication between LEOs. Like a plane crash, a perfect alignment of everything thats wrong.

I think you’re close, but I added my own take to your quote above.

All I’m really saying is that the attitudes you mention are even more intense, making likelihood for escalation and drama even higher.

I was reading about this somewhere else before I saw it posted here.

These fools need to be locked up immediately. It doesn't matter if the man was stealing from the construction site that they claimed they first witnessed him at. Follow him at a distance and let the cops stop him.

Idiots escalated a situation and someone died for no reason.

Already this is becoming a racial issue as athletes have begun posting that African Americans are hunted anytime they leave the house.

No I don't think the two men were right in trying to confront Mr. Arbery, I agree they should have followed and let LEO deal with it at most....that being said: local LEO instructed residents to contact Mr. Mcmichael if they saw anything that may be connected to a recent string of break-ins and robberies in the neighborhood, they did. So Mr. Mcmichael was called. There is no evidence to support claims that the killing was premeditated, one of the recent crimes in the neighborhood involved a 9mm pistol being stolen which means who ever the burglar is/was could very likely be armed, and then Mr. Arbery is seen sprinting out of a house known not to be his, which would lead most reasonable people to believe Mr. Arbery was said burglar. Whether that's the case or not he was witnessed committing a crime and it was caught on multiple security cameras. There are multiple videos of Mr. Arbery in the neighborhood that day that I've seen. One of him trespassing in the house under construction, one of him "walking" (not jogging) to the house before he stops to look if anyone is watching him then entering the property and then bolting out the garage and down the street, and a snippet of the actual confrontation. They were following him for several minutes before the confrontation but LEO still had not arrived and they must have not wanted to risk letting an armed criminal who has been victimizing people in this neighborhood to escape so they tried to stop him.
It definitely did not look like he was out for a run/jog though It looked like he was looking for an easy target to burglarize (IMO). Then in the confrontation snippet Mr. Arbery runs around the truck after they tried to question/stop him then bum rushed the Mcmichael son, punching him and trying to take away his shotgun, and then getting shot and collapsing.
It seems pretty obvious to me Mr. Arbery did not commit a felony in the videos of that day but he did commit a crime. It's also clear he attacked Mcmichael not try to run away from them. Why would you attack a man holding a shotgun unless you were desperate not to get caught doing something you were going to get in a lot of trouble for?
I think Mr. Arbery who has a criminal record and video proof (from LEO bodycam footage of his previous arrests) that he is anything but a well mannered kind "kid" most likely was either involved in the prior crimes in the neighborhood or at least tried to (and did) commit one that day.
And that the race baiting by the media and mobs is not only protected b/c if anyone disagrees they're automatically racist, but just like the public figures speaking out saying people with dark complexions can't leave their houses w/o being murdered is asinine and the statistics prove that.
Almost twice as many white people are killed by black people than black people killed by white people. Not the other way around like these divisive athletes and criminals/rappers along with mainstream media who are all trying to gain relevance and ratings are trying to make it seem.
And whether it was morally correct for the Mcmichael's to do what they did is irrelevant. The law does allow for citizens to conduct a citizen's arrest if they witness or have knowledge of someone committing a crime which they did as well as security camera footage proving that. The shooting itself is the only thing even remotely questionable. One because we can't see the video in its entirety and two we don't know what was said. If either Mcmichael verbally threatened to shoot Mr. Arbery then he was justified in attacking him and the shooting death was manslaughter at best. If The Mcmichael's just said stop or even insulted Mr. Arbery in some way he had no right to attack and the shooting was justifiable self defense according to G.A. law.
And now with all the media propaganda and mobs there is almost no way these men will receive a fair trial. Which is one of their goals.

No I don't think the two men were right in trying to confront Mr. Arbery, I agree they should have followed and let LEO deal with it at most....that being said: local LEO instructed residents to contact Mr. Mcmichael if they saw anything that may be connected to a recent string of break-ins and robberies in the neighborhood, they did. So Mr. Mcmichael was called. There is no evidence to support claims that the killing was premeditated, one of the recent crimes in the neighborhood involved a 9mm pistol being stolen which means who ever the burglar is/was could very likely be armed, and then Mr. Arbery is seen sprinting out of a house known not to be his, which would lead most reasonable people to believe Mr. Arbery was said burglar. Whether that's the case or not he was witnessed committing a crime and it was caught on multiple security cameras. There are multiple videos of Mr. Arbery in the neighborhood that day that I've seen. One of him trespassing in the house under construction, one of him "walking" (not jogging) to the house before he stops to look if anyone is watching him then entering the property and then bolting out the garage and down the street, and a snippet of the actual confrontation. They were following him for several minutes before the confrontation but LEO still had not arrived and they must have not wanted to risk letting an armed criminal who has been victimizing people in this neighborhood to escape so they tried to stop him.
It definitely did not look like he was out for a run/jog though It looked like he was looking for an easy target to burglarize (IMO). Then in the confrontation snippet Mr. Arbery runs around the truck after they tried to question/stop him then bum rushed the Mcmichael son, punching him and trying to take away his shotgun, and then getting shot and collapsing.
It seems pretty obvious to me Mr. Arbery did not commit a felony in the videos of that day but he did commit a crime. It's also clear he attacked Mcmichael not try to run away from them. Why would you attack a man holding a shotgun unless you were desperate not to get caught doing something you were going to get in a lot of trouble for?
I think Mr. Arbery who has a criminal record and video proof (from LEO bodycam footage of his previous arrests) that he is anything but a well mannered kind "kid" most likely was either involved in the prior crimes in the neighborhood or at least tried to (and did) commit one that day.
And that the race baiting by the media and mobs is not only protected b/c if anyone disagrees they're automatically racist, but just like the public figures speaking out saying people with dark complexions can't leave their houses w/o being murdered is asinine and the statistics prove that.
Almost twice as many white people are killed by black people than black people killed by white people. Not the other way around like these divisive athletes and criminals/rappers along with mainstream media who are all trying to gain relevance and ratings are trying to make it seem.
And whether it was morally correct for the Mcmichael's to do what they did is irrelevant. The law does allow for citizens to conduct a citizen's arrest if they witness or have knowledge of someone committing a crime which they did as well as security camera footage proving that. The shooting itself is the only thing even remotely questionable. One because we can't see the video in its entirety and two we don't know what was said. If either Mcmichael verbally threatened to shoot Mr. Arbery then he was justified in attacking him and the shooting death was manslaughter at best. If The Mcmichael's just said stop or even insulted Mr. Arbery in some way he had no right to attack and the shooting was justifiable self defense according to G.A. law.
And now with all the media propaganda and mobs there is almost no way these men will receive a fair trial. Which is one of their goals.
I will admit you make some valid points however after watching multiple videos of others who also entered the home under construction, many of them white then the question is why were they not also watched, followed, and confronted?
From what is shown Arbery wasn’t carrying anything from the construction site, he wasn’t running at full speed away from a possible confrontation, he was jogging.
You are correct, citizens have the right to stop someone from committing a crime and reasonably detain them until authorities arrive. Without a firearm.
Nobody has the right to murder someone.

I will admit you make some valid points however after watching multiple videos of others who also entered the home under construction, many of them white then the question is why were they not also watched, followed, and confronted?
From what is shown Arbery wasn’t carrying anything from the construction site, he wasn’t running at full speed away from a possible confrontation, he was jogging.
You are correct, citizens have the right to stop someone from committing a crime and reasonably detain them until authorities arrive. Without a firearm.

If it was their property, they caught the guy inside the house while committing a crime and had a legitimate reason to be fearful for their life it would be justified. That's not what I saw going down on the video though.

I didn't know other people had been caught on the security camera. I'd say that changes things then. If true and the other people were also unknown to the property owners it was obviously racial profiling. I found it a little difficult to find much online other than what the m.s.n. and celebrities were saying.

Back