testtest

Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

I watched the video again and I don’t see brandishing of the firearm. It was hanging at his side until he was hit with closed fists on his head.

This will come down to the letter of the law and literal definitions of words, if you ask me.

“Brandish”: wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.
It appears they are in a residential area. I'm wondering if it is common practice in that neighborhood, or town for that matter, for people to run around their vehicle, literally stopped in the road, with a loaded shotgun, and have a middle-age?/senior citizen riding in the bed of the truck with a 357 revolver. Just my two cents worth.

I watched the video again and I don’t see brandishing of the firearm. It was hanging at his side until he was hit with closed fists on his head.

This will come down to the letter of the law and literal definitions of words, if you ask me.

“Brandish”: wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.
It becomes Brandishing when you illegally attempt to detain someone. i.e. chasing someone down with a truck while screaming for them to stop. You can not have a gun, in any manner of possession, if you are committing a crime.
If you read the article it specifically says that they are trying to make “pulling or showing a firearm during a dispute” legal. Meaning that right now it absolutely is not legal, during a dispute (not just a crime). They are not legally making a citizens arrest, they are responsible for understanding the nuances of the law before trying to do so, thus a dispute. They’re lucky they’re not in here in Florida. In Georgia Kidnaping requires restraint and movement. Here Kidnapping can be as simple and refusing to allow someone to leave. But that’s beside the point.

It becomes Brandishing when you illegally attempt to detain someone. i.e. chasing someone down with a truck while screaming for them to stop. You can not have a gun, in any manner of possession, if you are committing a crime.
If you read the article it specifically says that they are trying to make “pulling or showing a firearm during a dispute” legal. Meaning that right now it absolutely is not legal, during a dispute (not just a crime). They are not legally making a citizens arrest, they are responsible for understanding the nuances of the law before trying to do so, thus a dispute. They’re lucky they’re not in here in Florida. In Georgia Kidnaping requires restraint and movement. Here Kidnapping can be as simple and refusing to allow someone to leave. But that’s beside the point.
The exact point of the changes in the law is you can un-holster your weapon and keep it pointed at the ground and it won’t be a felony. Once you point it at someone then the intent is to fire your weapon defending yourself with deadly force in self defense. (IF) you don’t fire your weapon but just point it at someone then it’s felony brandishing.

The exact point of the changes in the law is you can un-holster your weapon and keep it pointed at the ground and it won’t be a felony. Once you point it at someone then the intent is to fire your weapon defending yourself with deadly force in self defense. (IF) you don’t fire your weapon but just point it at someone then it’s felony brandishing.

some states even just lifting your shirt or moving your jacket to display a firearm is brandishing.

First of all this was a terrible crime committed by idiots no matter how you look at it. Now I live in SC and one of my friends and guy I shoot with is also a home builder. He called the cops to say he was getting robbed at his warehouse and building sites and wanted to know his rights to confront the perps with his weapons. He was told under NO CIRCUMSTANSES to engauge to just call the police and wait. Forget about something stupid like a "citizens arrest".

I’m not sure where you live brother but where I live black people definitely get a better deal from the judicial system than white people do.
I live in the United States and I don’t feel the judicial system is fair everywhere.
My parents were racist,
I don’t blame them, it was how they where raised. And we lived in the North East, the south is another story.

I live in the United States and I don’t feel the judicial system is fair everywhere.
My parents were racist,
I don’t blame them, it was how they where raised. And we lived in the North East, the south is another story.
I think we have to remember that the judicial system is run by humans who have flaws, can be bought, and go on personal crusades.

It has been a long time ago, but I personally have walked around in a new house under construction just being curious. The jogger may have been doing that, but when confronted with someone carrying a shot gun feared for his life and tried to take the shotgun. We will probably never know the truth.

The judicial system is populated by humans. Unfortunately, these days it responds to pressure from the populace on social media, etc. The guy in Ferguson, MO., a few years ago was obvious a bully and a thief. Still, look at all the uproar that was created by the outcry on social media. The cop lost his job, and a lot of the businesses were damaged by dumb demonstrators. We live in a strange time.

My parents were racist,

I guess from the things people say that they don’t realize race relations in the south are typically much better than other places. It’s annoying when people who don’t know that talk about it like they have a clue.

I don’t live in the south, but when I go there I am always blown away by how nice black people are to me. I don’t feel the chip on the shoulder that I do in other parts of the country. Many places are half and half or more black as far as workers and customers go. It’s a place where blacks don’t say crappy racist stuff constantly about whites like the rest of the US. People seem to respect each other more there. I like it. I wish I could find a job down there.

I guess from the things people say that they don’t realize race relations in the south are typically much better than other places. It’s annoying when people who don’t know that talk about it like they have a clue.

I don’t live in the south, but when I go there I am always blown away by how nice black people are to me. I don’t feel the chip on the shoulder that I do in other parts of the country. Many places are half and half or more black as far as workers and customers go. It’s a place where blacks don’t say crappy racist stuff constantly about whites like the rest of the US. People seem to respect each other more there. I like it. I wish I could find a job down there.
And you are so correct in your statement on how people of color treat others especially in the south, what I was referring to was how people of color are treated.

First of all this was a terrible crime committed by idiots no matter how you look at it. Now I live in SC and one of my friends and guy I shoot with is also a home builder. He called the cops to say he was getting robbed at his warehouse and building sites and wanted to know his rights to confront the perps with his weapons. He was told under NO CIRCUMSTANSES to engauge to just call the police and wait. Forget about something stupid like a "citizens arrest".

If I was there and they were robbing me I would confront them. Only using deadly force if necessary. What those two idiots did is ridiculous. Even if the guy WAS the thief they murdered him. And I don't care one little bit what color any of them are. There is a big difference between protecting my property at the time a crime is being committed and hunting down suspects. The latter is a job for LEO, period.

Good video, but I do disagree with some of the things he said.

Here is another good watch or listen. Tactical Sh%T‘s shots fired podcast. Shots Fired is a pretty good podcast for those that listen to them.
They should have not involved them selfs but let the police deal with him. Yes, he did break into a few homes yes he was not just out for a jog. The deadly force would have not been needed if they just let the police deal with him. But they used force to detain him and he fought back. If they just backed off let the police deal with it he would be alive and in jail and they would be sitting around the home and not in jail.

Back