testtest

Ahmaud Arbery Shooting

I have another question about this entire thing.

Why was the 3rd party filming the incident? Apparently he has known the father for 30+ years.

Was he expecting there to be trouble? Lots of questions need to be asked and answered.

Story unfolding is that the neighborhood knew who was stealing and robbing. Supposedly there were multiple neighbors in vehicles working together to “box him in”.

I have another question about this entire thing.

Why was the 3rd party filming the incident? Apparently he has known the father for 30+ years.

Was he expecting there to be trouble? Lots of questions need to be asked and answered.
Maybe wanted too get the capture on video and not expecting a murder? That person didn't want too go to prison so up popped the video!

The thing everybody seems to be overlooking is it doesn’t matter if he was indeed a burglar. A citizens arrest for a non-violent felony (construction sites were the issue not occupied or even unoccupied homes) can not be made with the use or threatened use of deadly force. It doesn’t matter if he was jogging or running away. What matters is an armed non-LEO brandished a shotgun and confronted another citizen while trying to detain him.
Arbery had every right to attack someone who threatened him with a shotgun.

You’ve obviously decided what happened so I’m not going to bother discussing it with you.

Yeah, pretty sure you have, too.

Let’s look at facts: unarmed black man doing nothing illegal, and who had nothing on him indicating he had committed any crime, killed defending himself when confronted by two armed white men.

You’re the one saying the two aggressors were the aggrieved party...

Send me mail (admins only) if it was wrong(the statement)?

No need to edit or remove these are your thoughts and you are not attacking other members. The whole point of the Armed with Knowledge and me posting about this shooting is to generate conversation. Maybe even learn some things.

Yeah, pretty sure you have, too.

Let’s look at facts: unarmed black man doing nothing illegal, and who had nothing on him indicating he had committed any crime, killed defending himself when confronted by two armed white men.

You’re the one saying the two aggressors were the aggrieved party...

You’re not talking facts because you weren’t there and none of us know what led to that video. I don’t assume anything and honestly couldn’t give two [] what the outcome is. The world has bigger problems.

You say doing nothing illegal and you absolutely have no clue if that’s true. None of us do.

You also say defending himself when speaking of a person who ran at an armed person, hit him in the head with his fists, and tried to take the firearm.

We shall see. I’m pragmatic and rational, accepting that I have no idea what led up to this. I also don’t have any idea what the circumstances were in the very video I have watched. What I do know is a person ran up to an armed man and attacked him, and was killed for it.

This is the same story as the Trayvon/Zimmerman story and Zimmerman basically walked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Story unfolding is that the neighborhood knew who was stealing and robbing. Supposedly there were multiple neighbors in vehicles working together to “box him in”.

This may be true, Have read that the deceased had a criminal record including I thing burglary or theft. But he is where I would say we can learn. Look the neighborhood got pictures of the suspect, knew his course of travel, informed law enforcement. Following him and updating the police.....Ok. Why escalate the situation and try to stop the suspect. Let the pro's handle that. Be professional and keep distant tags. I mean what was the goal? Stop the suspect at gun point and hold him for the police? What if they were wrong? What if he was casing the place? The police did not see a crime so the suspect would be released unless he had wants or warrants. What happened if they stopped the man and he decided to run? Would the shoot a fleeing suspect? The lesson in both the Zimmerman and this case is someone "cornered" a suspect and tragedy happened. The goal of this post is to get firearms owners to think about this type of stuff. Too many times you read that just because you have a gun.....You are the Good Guy and can act like a crime fighting super hero. Decisions have consequences.

This is the same story as the Trayvon/Zimmerman story and Zimmerman basically walked.

Should he have though? Zimmerman made a bunch of mistakes and falls into the category of the "I have a gun.....You are the Good Guy and can act like a crime fighting super hero." That man took a supposed crime and escalated the situation and the result was a death. Could it have been handled better? Absolutely and Zimmermans mistakes set the 2A community back as a whole.

Another warning please do not go bickering about each other, I removed some posts. We are here to act as adults and talk about the situation, not each others resistance to another's ideas or feelings.
I thought it might get edited? Makes sense! I wasn't bickering! Doesn't it make people wonder if that is/was the case? It was a an adult question! I can handle the criticism. Possible a good call on xd's part?

Should he have though? Zimmerman made a bunch of mistakes and falls into the category of the "I have a gun.....You are the Good Guy and can act like a crime fighting super hero." That man took a supposed crime and escalated the situation and the result was a death. Could it have been handled better? Absolutely and Zimmermans mistakes set the 2A community back as a whole.

Our reality is that an armed American can be around any corner. If you forget that and you’re a spoiled rotten moron, you may just die. As this world evolves, I’ll continue supporting armed Americans. I believe in independence of man and will never side with people who hide morally, ethically, or legally. It’s between you and the person you are in front of and thank God in America rights prevail over self-perceived entitlement. Over and over we see idiots who are used to tricking their mommy for gain and they bring that crap to an armed person who doesn’t care about who owes you jack ****. It’s the way it should be or we all end up living in Fifth Element.

Our reality is that an armed American can be around any corner. If you forget that and you’re a spoiled rotten moron, you may just die. As this world evolves, I’ll continue supporting armed Americans. I believe in independence of man and will never side with people who hide morally, ethically, or legally. It’s between you and the person you are in front of and thank God in America rights prevail over self-perceived entitlement. Over and over we see idiots who are used to tricking their mommy for gain and they bring that crap to an armed person who doesn’t care about who owes you jack ****. It’s the way it should be or we all end up living in Fifth Element.

There you have it.

Vigilantiism: it’s the American way.

5th Element?

There you have it.

Vigilantiism: it’s the American way.

That’s not at all what it is. It’s standing on your own feet and your physical dominance or lack thereof not mattering. You either have honor or you do not. A man has a right to stand armed and say leave me alone. If you attack him I have no mercy for you.

The 2nd amendment gives law abiding citizens of the USA the right to keep and bear arms. It does not grant those same Americans The right to use those weapons to be a vigilante. Those two men took the law into their own hands and became judge, jury and executioner.
As xdman noted in the Zimmerman case that action has done nothing but set us back on the fight to keep the 2nd amendment going in the defense of law abiding citizens. This is a travesty and murder.

That’s not at all what it is. It’s standing on your own feet and your physical dominance or lack thereof not mattering. You either have honor or you do not. A man has a right to stand armed and say leave me alone. If you attack him I have no mercy for you.

Right.

So in this situation, a man has a right to drive up to you, get out, and point a gun at you...and If you try to defend yourself, it’s your fault?

I dont think I want to live in your world...sounds like one of pure thuggery, to me.

Back