• chili-savages-beans.jpg
    chili-savages-beans.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1704127964408.png
    1704127964408.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 41
Made Indian Butter Chicken tonight.
Did ya’ll feel the earthquake!!!
@SimonRL can tell you how I feel about India.
Well, turns out that Northern Indians dislike Southern Indians and their nasty curry/ hot food.
So I made a friend from N India and had some of their cooking. Flavorful with hardly any to no spice . Excellent food. Lamb, goat, chicken .

So , tried my favorite new dish myself. Even made the spice mixture from scratch .

To quote my N india friend: “ S india food sucks” 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_5052.jpeg
IMG_5054.jpeg
IMG_5055.jpeg

That looks very interesting, because I actually like Indian food and I didn't know there is a big difference between north and south cuisine (but it makes sense).

My best friend in Canada is Indian. She makes the meanest (and best, but I am biased) butter chicken in the world. Well, maybe in North America. Okay, maybe in Canada. 🇨🇦 😎

I've never cared much for Indian food because it's always been far too hot for my liking. But then I never knew the north and south cooked to different degrees either. (no pun intended... well maybe just a little) ... I've never been able to eat spicy hot 'anything. My taste buds or something must be extra sensitive 'cause I just can't do it. I've seen buddies sit and eat stuff with sweat all over their head and swear it's "so good" ... but how the hell can something that hurts you to eat be 'so good'? I just never understood why anyone would want to eat food that hurts. But I also recognize 'to each his/her own'! Carry on y'all.

I've never cared much for Indian food because it's always been far too hot for my liking. But then I never knew the north and south cooked to different degrees either. (no pun intended... well maybe just a little) ... I've never been able to eat spicy hot 'anything. My taste buds or something must be extra sensitive 'cause I just can't do it. I've seen buddies sit and eat stuff with sweat all over their head and swear it's "so good" ... but how the hell can something that hurts you to eat be 'so good'? I just never understood why anyone would want to eat food that hurts. But I also recognize 'to each his/her own'! Carry on y'all.
I agree 100%.
To my suprise, N indian food was flavorful. Not hot or spicy .
I cant do heat either, so this was actually really good food

Butter chicken is one of those recipes you can make mild or screaming hot without affecting the essence of the stew. I tend to make mine someplace between "warm" and "screaming"....the older I get, the more capsaicin I need. In Wisconsin I'd take either a Maine lobster or a Dungeoness any day of the week...both are uncommon in these parts.

The best Indian food I ever ate was at the Bombay Bicycle Club in Edinboro, Scotland. The hottest Indian food I ever ate was in Thailand. I have never much cared for the Indian food I got in U.S. restaurants. There is a wide range of flavors and spices in Indian cuisine. If you can get it right at home you are my hero.

The best Indian food I ever ate was at the Bombay Bicycle Club in Edinboro, Scotland. The hottest Indian food I ever ate was in Thailand. I have never much cared for the Indian food I got in U.S. restaurants. There is a wide range of flavors and spices in Indian cuisine. If you can get it right at home you are my hero.
Well, considering my burb is one of the largest gathering places for India residents in the US, I plan on working at it at home. South Indian. Not that screaming hot junk.

Funny how i’ve heard from my N India locals and my S India locals how they dont like each other and have diff neighborhoods and eating places here in town

Well, considering my burb is one of the largest gathering places for India residents in the US, I plan on working at it at home. South Indian. Not that screaming hot junk.

Funny how i’ve heard from my N India locals and my S India locals how they dont like each other and have diff neighborhoods and eating places here in town
North and South not getting along. Who would have thought?

Back