testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

Blackened fresh tilapia
Sugar snap peas in walnut oil and sea salt
Rice pilaf
IMG_5836.jpeg

Been thinking about kabobs..........

Main ingredients:
Boneless pork chops, cut into roughly 1 inch chunks, chicken breasts cut the same, stew beef, jumbo shrimp halved, and thick cut bacon.
First you start with the bacon laced on the kabob stick, then as you add each piece of meat, you thread the bacon between each one. Then you season with black pepper (lightly), and whatever spices you prefer.
I use onion, and garlic powder, season salt, and a brush on mixture of Worcestershire sauce, (a dollop) Jack Daniel's Old No.7 Barbecue sauce, a couple drops each of yellow mustard & ketchup, A1 (mix of regular and thick & hearty), and minced onion.
Then just brush on the sauce as it cooks, and mind the shrimp, as it'll tell you when the kabobs are just about ready.
The bacon and sauce are the key though.

Been thinking about kabobs..........

Main ingredients:
Boneless pork chops, cut into roughly 1 inch chunks, chicken breasts cut the same, stew beef, jumbo shrimp halved, and thick cut bacon.
First you start with the bacon laced on the kabob stick, then as you add each piece of meat, you thread the bacon between each one. Then you season with black pepper (lightly), and whatever spices you prefer.
I use onion, and garlic powder, season salt, and a brush on mixture of Worcestershire sauce, (a dollop) Jack Daniel's Old No.7 Barbecue sauce, a couple drops each of yellow mustard & ketchup, A1 (mix of regular and thick & hearty), and minced onion.
Then just brush on the sauce as it cooks, and mind the shrimp, as it'll tell you when the kabobs are just about ready.
The bacon and sauce are the key though.
Sounds excellent.
I rarely cook different meats on same skewer with same heat setting
When I do mixed kabobs, i do one for each meat and put on grill at varying times.
Cause everyone just scrapes it all off the skewer anyway

Here’s the kicker… i have so many grocers around me, they fight for biz with sales. The one benefit of big city life.
3lb tri tip was on sale for $4.00lb … yes please !!!
I bought the last 2
New grocery store just opened.. i have 4 in a 3 mile radius

It's the opposite here in a small town. And I doubt very much I could find a price like that anywhere in Fargo.
I eat like a king, but it’s all about shopping the sales with the amount of grocers.
I can get prime angus filets for $18lb
Waygu for $20
Angus Bone in ribeyes have been on sale for $6lb

Stupid prices, and just not on meat.

We eat a 3 course meal cheaper than fast food prices for 4 people

Consolation prize for living with millions of people.

I will pound ribeyes flat for fajitas because it’s cheaper than “fajita meat”

for dinner, next week, (June 4th) i will be making what is popular here in New England...."American Chop Suey"

some call it "goulash"

mixture of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, green bell pepper, and onion.

then at least 1 pound of cooked hamburger all chopped up

that gets cooked down, and mixed with cooked large elbow pasta...

takes all of 10 to 15 minutes to prep, then simmer till ready

really better for a cold wintery evening, but here, i make this at least 3 times a year.

1716906859656.png

one of the many different recipes..

for dinner, next week, (June 4th) i will be making what is popular here in New England...."American Chop Suey"

some call it "goulash"

mixture of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, green bell pepper, and onion.

then at least 1 pound of cooked hamburger all chopped up

that gets cooked down, and mixed with cooked large elbow pasta...

takes all of 10 to 15 minutes to prep, then simmer till ready

really better for a cold wintery evening, but here, i make this at least 3 times a year.

View attachment 58954

one of the many different recipes..

I was planning to put together something like this for our dinner tonight (beans three days in a row is a no-no ;) ). Thank you for sharing this!!

As much as I like a really good rare, ribeye steak with all the trimmings, I also enjoy a good 'one dish' meal every now and then. Something like this goulash, beans-n-weenies, a fried rice dish, etc. Or most anything that goes on top of a big bed of white rice, like gumbos, A-La-King, stews, beef tips, etc. Anything to couple with a couple slices of really fresh white bread smeared with a good slathering of real butter and folded once over. BTW, in the south we often called 'white bread' ... lite/light bread. Don't know why to this day, we just did!

I also like a simple meal on occasion ... like a breakfast for supper. 3-4 eggs over easy, a cowboy hat full of grits, 4-6 slices of bacon or sausage patties and some toast. Yeh, now I can really get into that. Sometimes I'll substitute rice for the grits, but in either case I'll cut the eggs up really good and mix them all into the grits/rice. On other occasions I'll crush up the bacon or the sausage and mix them into the grits/rice.

How the hell did I get off to here? Oh yeh, originally Old_Me's talk of his goulash. Dammit, now I'm hungry!!!!! :D (y)

Well, here's the American Chop Suey...

View attachment 59013

The husband had two helpings, which says a lot as his appetite has been really slow to recover since the surgery. It was delicious. It'll feed us for the rest of the week. :cool:
BTW Bella, that looks as good as any I've ever seen. I'd sure like to get into that! You keep feedin' him like that and he'll be back up chasing you around the house in no time!!!

Well, here's the American Chop Suey...

View attachment 59013

The husband had two helpings, which says a lot as his appetite has been really slow to recover since the surgery. It was delicious. It'll feed us for the rest of the week. :cool:
yup, but we have to wait till next week..i have everything, except the green bell pepper...if i bought it yesterday, by next week, it would be mushy.....

i know i can't wait.

Tonight, my Mother's recipe for Sloppy Joe's.............
Two pounds of lean ground beef, diced white onion, and green peppers, seasoned with garlic powder and season salt, and mixed together as it browns.
Once it's started to crumble spoon off as much of the grease as possible, then add plain old tomato ketchup and simmer for five to ten minutes, and add yellow mustard to taste. Then simmer for another five to ten minutes.

Eat as a sandwich on a microwave warmed hamburger bun, and mis the leftovers with drained baked beans for a stand alone delicacy.......

The ketchup is the trickiest part though, you're trying to make a sauce, not a soup, lol. So go easy, and slow when you add the ketchup.

Back