testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

I asked KillerFord what language this was :
Mt veeder = winery name
Cab sauv = cabernet sauvignon

And he answered me with this:
Cabernet Sauvignon is the type of wine/grape …

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK wise guy ... I don't know this language either! What now? ;) :confused: :confused: ;)

And just what is wrong with some 'Cold Duck' or 'Sly Fox' ... or if we really want to splurge, maybe some 'Wild Irish Rose'. Now those are some real men wines!!! I can still remember enjoying those back in the 1960's. Did I say 'enjoy'?

Where's the bathroom ... I'm going to be sick again. It must have been the food! jj
Well, back in the ‘60’s, real men drank Riunite Lambrusco and that Wicker Basket Chianti in the “eye talian” joints …. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I got buzzed on cold Duck one Thanksgiving as a kid… grandpa gave us kids a few glasses.. guess his way of calming down the wild children running circles around the house … 😬😬😱😱🤪🤪🤪
Guess I blame Grandpa for the love of wine and spirits … ( dont tell mom) 🤪🤪🤪

First attempt at Char Siu...

CharSiuA.jpg

CharSiuB.jpg

Last night I did double cut grilled pork chops stuffed with chorizo and cornbread dressing, topped with poblano pepper and corn meal cream sauce. It tasted great but it is hard to get the stuffing to stay inside the pork chop on the grill. Next time I am wrapping the whole thing in strips of bacon to hold it all together. BTW the leftover chorizo stuffing and poblano cream sauce goes great with eggs for breakfast.

Whoa, your cooking game is on another level! Double-cut grilled pork chops stuffed with chorizo and cornbread dressing sounds like a flavor explosion. I feel you on the stuffing challenge, but the bacon wrap idea is pure genius – everything's better with bacon, right?

And major props for the breakfast hack with leftover chorizo stuffing and poblano cream sauce – talk about taking brunch to a whole new level! Now you've got me curious: any chance you've uncovered some epic brunch near me that can rival your culinary masterpieces?
IHOP?

Start with a Big Green Egg and the cookbook

I am in the South. We got Deepfried cheese curds down here. Along with deep fried Twinkies, or carrots, or just about deep fried anything.
Gotta have 16oz of FRESH cheese curds for the best meatloaf. That means they squeek when you chew them....Even in WI you gotta search a little bit to find FRESH curds....Frying curds is great...but can't put them in meatloaf after they've been battered and fried...well maybe you could...

Gotta have 16oz of FRESH cheese curds for the best meatloaf. That means they squeek when you chew them....Even in WI you gotta search a little bit to find FRESH curds....Frying curds is great...but can't put them in meatloaf after they've been battered and fried...well maybe you could...
Still scratching head on why one would even put cheese in a meatloaf ….

Ahh .. Cheeseheads would 😝

I live close enough to WI to know the fresh cheese curd squeak. When I moved to the US I couldn't believe how many things Americans deep fry...some are pretty dang interesting :cool:. I have yet to find a place in the US that can make Poutine properly. The key is FRESH cheese curds and VERY HOT gravy. Just sayin.....now I want poutine. :cautious:

I live close enough to WI to know the fresh cheese curd squeak. When I moved to the US I couldn't believe how many things Americans deep fry...some are pretty dang interesting :cool:. I have yet to find a place in the US that can make Poutine properly. The key is FRESH cheese curds and VERY HOT gravy. Just sayin.....now I want poutine. :cautious:
But we have chislic. And further south deep fried alligator

Back