testtest

Anyone else into cooking?

It ain't chili without beans.

FqFucr.gif

Okay. It was Monday. Mister’s in Duluth for two days. I’m tired. So I’m having a nuclear burrito bowl (courtesy of Schwann’s - or is it Yelloh now?😂). Not bad at all actually.

IMG_3901.jpeg

And the expensive Custard Stand chili, is, to my taste, not worth the outlay, Wolf Brand is not half the price, and is much, MUCH tastier.....

Was told to do a good thick steak with tarragon, butter and cast iron back in the Covid days...haven't had a steak any different since...even gave my grill away!
I put the cast iron skillet on the grill. Keeps all the spatter and mess outside on the grill. Use the grill burners to heat up the cast iron.
Got tired of cleaning inside .

Steaks get marinated 24 hours in butter, salt, pepper, red wine.
Sauce is either bernaise or to each their own
Then thrown on the cast iron

I have a full 8 pan cast iron set from my parents from the ‘60s
Love them

IMG_5307.jpeg

Was told to do a good thick steak with tarragon, butter and cast iron back in the Covid days...haven't had a steak any different since...even gave my grill away!
I'm the same. I have a couple of well seasoned cast iron skillets and use them whenever possible. I tried a couple of NY strips in cast iron one time (cringing the whole time because I always felt that frying a steak was wrong on all levels). Followed instructions I was given, and they were fantastic. It's the only way I do steak now. A few minutes on the stove and a few minutes in a hot oven, then...perfection!

Well, that mention of cast iron got me going. It's Friday and the Mister (if I called him "Mister belladonna, he'd punch me in the arm and give me the stink eye :oops: ), he won't be home until tomorrow night. It's also payday, so I stopped at the liquor store, then at the grocery store. Decided I felt like cooking, so I picked up a couple of boneless pork chops and a Russet potato. Long story short...pork chops with rosemary and garlic butter, baked potato (God bless air friers!), and broccoli. Paired it with a dry riesling. I had never heard of a "dry" riesling, but hey, I'll try anything that won't hurt me or put me in jail :ROFLMAO:. Didn't turn out too bad..
IMG_3931.jpeg

Well, that mention of cast iron got me going. It's Friday and the Mister (if I called him "Mister belladonna, he'd punch me in the arm and give me the stink eye :oops: ), he won't be home until tomorrow night. It's also payday, so I stopped at the liquor store, then at the grocery store. Decided I felt like cooking, so I picked up a couple of boneless pork chops and a Russet potato. Long story short...pork chops with rosemary and garlic butter, baked potato (God bless air friers!), and broccoli. Paired it with a dry riesling. I had never heard of a "dry" riesling, but hey, I'll try anything that won't hurt me or put me in jail :ROFLMAO:. Didn't turn out too bad..
View attachment 50985
Dry Rieslings just are not as sweet. Less natural sugar left during fermentation, so it leans more towards a pinot grigio or chenin blanc on dryness but with the flavors of a sweet riesling . That is a great bottle 👍👍👍👍

Dry Rieslings just are not as sweet. Less natural sugar left during fermentation, so it leans more towards a pinot grigio or chenin blanc on dryness but with the flavors of a sweet riesling . That is a great bottle 👍👍👍👍
It was delicious! I am more of a red wine girl but I really like it. Very flavorful, not too dry - not too sweet.

Back