testtest

Are silencers worth the money?

I too am interested in getting my first suppressor for my 300 Blk pistol. Question: I've read/heard there are different ways to go about obtaining/registering a suppressors. One is register by yourself, 2. forming a trust and registering it to that trust, and 3. registering it to a corporation. Some recommend a trust if you're going to purchase more than one suppressor (as I might later on), since the trust allows you to forgo the fingerprint, photograph and authority's signature portions of the registration process. I realize it would cost $$$ to set up this legal document, but wonder if in the long run if it might be easier to obtain future suppressors. Thoughts?
Having gone the both the “individual” & “trust” routes, would strongly recommend using a trust. Similar to the admonition to buy a larger safe than you believe you need, the same principle applies to a selecting the trust route. All suppressors are under one umbrella making documentation requirements simpler; easy to simply add another suppressor to the Appendix list. Also, a trust simplifies who may be legally in possession of a covered suppressor (e.g., family member(s) named in the trust document.

Having gone the both the “individual” & “trust” routes, would strongly recommend using a trust. Similar to the admonition to buy a larger safe than you believe you need, the same principle applies to a selecting the trust route. All suppressors are under one umbrella making documentation requirements simpler; easy to simply add another suppressor to the Appendix list. Also, a trust simplifies who may be legally in possession of a covered suppressor (e.g., family member(s) named in the trust document.
Thanks for the info TXRabbit47, I appreciate it.

I purchased a Rugged silencer recently (my first silencer) for an Aero .300 Blk pistol I put together and now I'm at let's wait a small eternity for the tax stamp to be approved stage and I was wondering if the price of a silencer plus the $200 tax stamp and going though the extensive wait period (up to a year) is worth it in the end. Thoughts?
i absolutely love shooting my blackout suppressed. And I just have a short Energetic Armament Vox K can. No hearing protection needed for supersonic rounds.
recently I ran some heavy Hornady 200 grain subsonics an it was substantially quieter. Myblackout is my home defense and I don’t have to worry about not being able to hear the intruder after I fire a couple shots.
also, my .22 suppressors are SO much fun to shoot. To me it makes shooting more enjoyable.

i absolutely love shooting my blackout suppressed. And I just have a short Energetic Armament Vox K can. No hearing protection needed for supersonic rounds.
recently I ran some heavy Hornady 200 grain subsonics an it was substantially quieter. Myblackout is my home defense and I don’t have to worry about not being able to hear the intruder after I fire a couple shots.
also, my .22 suppressors are SO much fun to shoot. To me it makes shooting more enjoyable.
Also want to add a very important point. The BATFE isn’t necessarily waiting a year or longer. I bought one can last April 2019 and didn’t get it back til December 2019. On the contrary ... I purchased TWO SUPPRESSORS FROM JOHN AT E-silencer.com In June and got them back at the same time less than 2 months later.
I think they just take the mail and dump it in a room and scatter papers everywhere and pick envelopes at random 😂

Also, John from e-silencer (west Tennessee tactical ) is down to earth and made the process really easy.
Also, best suppressors in the market are from Massachusetts ENERGETIC ARMAMENT - super crew there. Great product

Attachments

• C9D62FB4-7515-4A2D-B31A-31F39939C40A.jpeg
    C9D62FB4-7515-4A2D-B31A-31F39939C40A.jpeg
    541.6 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for the review! I can't wait to get mine!

Long range shooting has been a big hobby of mine for quite a while now. For rifles, especially higher powered rifles, they are awesome. Keeping the audible signature down is only part of it. They do genuinely increase accuracy. The wait is the huge pain though. Got mine a couple years ago and the wait was 8 months. Do yourself a favor and get one that will work on multiple weapons so it is more versatile.

Long range shooting has been a big hobby of mine for quite a while now. For rifles, especially higher powered rifles, they are awesome. Keeping the audible signature down is only part of it. They do genuinely increase accuracy. The wait is the huge pain though. Got mine a couple years ago and the wait was 8 months. Do yourself a favor and get one that will work on multiple weapons so it is more versatile.
I've already purchased the Rugged Razor in DEC and now waiting approval. I'm most likely going to be purchasing a .22 suppressor next. I was contemplating buying a hybrid suppressor but they seem too large, heavy and unwieldy but they do offer versatility so I guess it's a trade off.

My tax stamp finally came in yesterday for my Rugged Razor 762 after a 7 month wait! 😁👍

I plan on taking it to the range Friday to try it out.

I have it currently mounted on an Aero .300blk build but I do have 2 Additional muzzle devices so I can switch it to other guns in my collection easily.

20200630_185942.jpg

This will be my chicken flock predator control gun using 200gr subsonic ammo.

My tax stamp finally came in yesterday for my Rugged Razor 762 after a 7 month wait! 😁👍

I have it currently mounted on an Aero .300blk build but I do have 2 Additional muzzle devices so I can switch it to other guns in my collection easily.

View attachment 7687
Nice 10, (y)

Yeah, I bought a custom built 300 BLK pistol at a gun show last year. I'd like to start the process of getting a suppressor for it too.
From all I've read and seen in videos is that the .300blk is the perfect rifle caliber for suppression. I'm working on getting a Rugged occulus for .22lr now. Rugged has probably the best warranty in the business with a 100% no questions asked repair or replacement if necessary no matter if you even steam roll it.

Here in the great state of Ilinoys ( yes I spelled that the way I wanted to ) our masters have decided we are not qualified to own such things. Heaven forbid , we might shoot our eye out or something. :mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 7687
That is sweet looking.

Back