testtest

Entry-level AR-15?

The only thing I would add, I would get the complete lower but with pistol brace. That way you could build the top however you want. Short barrel, carbine, full length. But, if you start with a rifle receiver, it must always be a rifle, nothing under 16" . It just opens up flexibility in the build.

The only thing I would add, I would get the complete lower but with pistol brace. That way you could build the top however you want. Short barrel, carbine, full length. But, if you start with a rifle receiver, it must always be a rifle, nothing under 16" . It just opens up flexibility in the build.
Or you buy another braced lower.

A brace is not what makes it a pistol. I have an unbraced pistol. I prefer an unbraced pistol. Buy a stripped lower. Make it whatever you want. It is impossible to prove what it began it's life as unless you bought it as a complete pistol. Or a complete pistol lower.

File a Form1 SBR permit request with the ATF and make it any length, stock/brace combo you want. Forever. Dont worry about “braces” and “stock” option.
$200 stamp to govt is worth the price of admission to get approval.
Heck, muzzle devices are $100 ish .. might as well go with ATF option for the $

File a Form1 SBR permit request with the ATF and make it any length, stock/brace combo you want. Forever. Dont worry about “braces” and “stock” option.

I'm thinking a lot of people right now aren't too hip on registering an AR with the government.

I'm thinking a lot of people right now aren't too hip on registering an AR with the government.
Not a govt in history of USA that 50% of the public didnt like.
I take off my tin foil hat and put on my big boy pants and get to play with the fun toys.
Govt has more dirt on every American anyways. They want a $200 stamp to play legal, so be it.
Kind of like the IRS. Never was fully ratified, but yet every legal American has to pay them anyways.

Not a govt in history of USA that 50% of the public didnt like.
I take off my tin foil hat and put on my big boy pants and get to play with the fun toys.
Govt has more dirt on every American anyways. They want a $200 stamp to play legal, so be it.
Kind of like the IRS. Never was fully ratified, but yet every legal American has to pay them anyways.
You do you brother.

You don't need to ask the government's permission to play with the fun toys though.

You want real fun train with guys who have the REAL shite. It's especially fun when you ain't paying for the ammo.

I can see clearly the advantages of a SBR for defensive situations and even range fun or training I guess, but there isn't a reason to register and pay for that privilege in my opinion. Suppressors I have no use for. If they weren't outrageously priced and didn't require registering and paying the government I might have one on something just for kicks I suppose. I mean why not? I'm a gun guy, I like to have fun. No one needs a shotgun that weighs as much as 13 year old boy after you load up all the mag tubes, but here I am with a few of them. :cool:

I can see clearly the advantages of a SBR for defensive situations and even range fun or training I guess, but there isn't a reason to register and pay for that privilege in my opinion. Suppressors I have no use for. If they weren't outrageously priced and didn't require registering and paying the government I might have one on something just for kicks I suppose. I mean why not? I'm a gun guy, I like to have fun. No one needs a shotgun that weighs as much as 13 year old boy after you load up all the mag tubes, but here I am with a few of them. :cool:
I hear you on suppressors. My buddy just got his approved last week. Took 1 full year to the exact week for the approval to come through. $1200 ($980 + tax, + $200 to govt.) later, he has his suppressor. I seriously considered one that could interchange between rifles, but for that kind of wait and money, forget it.

I hear you on suppressors. My buddy just got his approved last week. Took 1 full year to the exact week for the approval to come through. $1200 ($980 + tax, + $200 to govt.) later, he has his suppressor. I seriously considered one that could interchange between rifles, but for that kind of wait and money, forget it.

I fail to see the advantage personally. I suppose it keeps you from having to wear ear pro ? I'm sure it's better for your hearing whether you are hunting or on the range, but I can find a lot of things I'd sooner spend a grand on.

I fail to see the advantage personally. I suppose it keeps you from having to wear ear pro ? I'm sure it's better for your hearing whether you are hunting or on the range, but I can find a lot of things I'd sooner spend a grand on.
I wanted to move to a suppressed pistol like an MP5/SP5 platform....maybe a CZ Scorpion, for home defense. I didn't want to go deaf shooting a supersonic 9mm (or god forbid my 5.56) if it came to it...until I started looking at the time and money involved in a suppressor. I shoulda got one them fuel filters before they were all shut down by the ATF!

Also worth knowing. Once you start down that Form 1 path you have opened a whole other can of worms. You will not be able to cross state lines without written perm to do so from ATF.
Just be aware of All the pros and cons.

Back