testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Echelon 9mm

The VIS is a step in the right direction!
IMG_3950.jpeg

Interesting. Beautiful pistol. Anxious for range reports to stack up. I sincerely hope the Echelon will be much less problem-laden off the line. I would love to add one to my Springfield lineup. . .

Interesting. Beautiful pistol. Anxious for range reports to stack up. I sincerely hope the Echelon will be much less problem-laden off the line. I would love to add one to my Springfield lineup. . .
And that's what I was thinking... Love Springfield have many of their guns, and in the earlier years never a single problem, but with the last 3 out of 4 I bought little off the line issues. They are putting out all these new guns which is great but need to address the quality control issues of the line. IMO

Hmm. This is the first SA pistol I’ve been interested in since I bought my Mod 2 .45.
I’ve actually been thinking about a full size 9mm that’s optic ready without plates. I was looking at IWI but the only optic ready model they have that doesn’t use plates is the Masada Slim and I don’t like the trigger or the 13 rd. Capacity on that one.

The Echelon looks like it might be the ticket.

Regarding SA and their history of releasing new models before the bugs are worked out, I have more faith in the striker designs than their 1911s.

This may be my next new gun.

Hmm. This is the first SA pistol I’ve been interested in since I bought my Mod 2 .45.
I’ve actually been thinking about a full size 9mm that’s optic ready without plates. I was looking at IWI but the only optic ready model they have that doesn’t use plates is the Masada Slim and I don’t like the trigger or the 13 rd. Capacity on that one.

The Echelon looks like it might be the ticket.

Regarding SA and their history of releasing new models before the bugs are worked out, I have more faith in the striker designs than their 1911s.

This may be my next new gun.
Well…

The VP9 has a plate less option with the Holosun SCS…

Just sayin’.

I'm glad that the gag order has been removed finally. I have to say, I'm impressed.

It's a clean looking design that has lost some of the dorky looking grip textures on previous SA pistols. The slide looks great with the deep serrations and even the little ears at the rear of the slide should help in racking the slide when an optic is mounted and you don't want to use the optics to rack the slide. The VIS system looks like it may finally do away with the necessity of an optic plate. No grip safety...+++.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the trigger module. It's a great move that allows for moving the module from different size frames and moves the Echelon into the modern trend that many manufacturers seem to be going. I'm sure that eventually different manufacturers will start offering their versions of different frames, so in a way it's a big plus and will allow for more customization. I just hope that SA managed to get a better feeling trigger than Sig's clunky P320 trigger. Sig's trigger, IMO, leaves much to be desired, but in all fairness it's improving.

So all in all, thumbs up SA! I think I'm going to wait and see just how it performs once it's in the hands of the public though, just in case.

Just joking about the gag order. Totally understandable. Leaks are just about impossible to prevent.

I have to admit, in a world flooded with 9mm polymer handguns, SA did good. It's probably the last thing I need, but I can definitely see getting one.

Can't wait to see the reviews come rolling in. Oops. It looks like they're already here on youtube.

PS I wonder how long before SA starts offering an aluminum grip module for all of us 'all metal' gun lovers.

Back