testtest

Hellcat OSP Optic choices

Easy enough to check, it the screw protrudes less than 2.4mm you are good to go. With the Shield optic they want them tightened to 9 in pounds and the Holosun says to tighten to 15" pounds.

So bugged me all night but went and reset the unit with the protector this time without using there tool. Use a driving bit on a socket driver. Went on easy and tighten very well. One of two things may have happened . Protector ws on faulty first try or just using a real socket driver is the better way to go than the supplied tool. Ill clean than double check zero with my laser bore

So bugged me all night but went and reset the unit with the protector this time without using there tool. Use a driving bit on a socket driver. Went on easy and tighten very well. One of two things may have happened . Protector ws on faulty first try or just using a real socket driver is the better way to go than the supplied tool. Ill clean than double check zero with my laser bore
I did the same thing man. Used my Wiha micro screwdriver instead. And I think I did just line it up wrong first time. Because second attempt was a cinch. Can't really explain it but it seems to be on perfect now. Still have to shoot it though.

So I mentioned this earlier on the Sentinel was the hood does not sit all the way down. Not a big deal but I took a pair of scissors and made it fit really nice . So I have a working dust cover. 2 before shots and 2 after the surgery

Attachments

• IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    722.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1589.jpg
    IMG_1589.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 333
You can trim more if you like but I do want it to sit firmly on. So may want to cut in steps to get to desired holding

Im happy and I just threw in my laser bore and all that did not change zero at all.

Got lucky and ran to Bass Pro shop got 100 rounds of 9mm and 100 for my .380 911. The 380 ammo is so hard to find with a good price. 20 bucks for 50 I will buy all day long

Both guns im using Hornady Critical defense for off the range and I would never want to get hit by one of these. There badass

So I mentioned this earlier on the Sentinel was the hood does not sit all the way down. Not a big deal but I took a pair of scissors and made it fit really nice . So I have a working dust cover. 2 before shots and 2 after the surgery
Ohhhh that's what you meant. Thanks for the pics. Nice in FDE btw.

Did you just have to cut that little window in the front of the hood? Or did you have to cut anywhere else? I plan to do the same to mine

For those of you interested in the 507K on the Hellcat, here is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 454
  • IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 464
  • IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_1673.JPG
    IMG_1673.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 453
A few things to keep in mind about the reticle choices on the 507K. 32 MOA is 32" at 100 yds but only 3.2" at 10 yds and 1.6" at 5 yds. A 2 MOA center dot is 2" at 100 yds but 0.02" at 10 yds and 0.01" at 5 yds. I can't speak for how well you shoot but a 2" circle is where I am at 10 yds slow shooting and a 2" circle at 5 yds shooting more quickly (I'm still not fast). I still need to practice multiple shot bursts. In playing around I am finding the open 32 MOA circle to work better than the circle and dot as it lets me see both the target and if I am hitting inside the circle when the dot doesn't obscure the target. I have the brightness set at 7 and that is probably a little too bright for an indoor range.

Shooting the above photos with my iPhone was challenging as it would not let me set focus on the reticle projection. I guess to get a good reticle shot I will need to get out my good 35mm camera and lenses and manual focus or set a large enough depth of field so everything is in focus. I wanted to give you an idea of how well it co-witnesses and lets you see the iron sights.

Is the Holosun plastic? That window stock looks thick IMO. Noticeably thicker than the Aluminum Sentinel. Like that reticle though.

No the Holosun's 407K and 507K are very hard 7075T6 Aluminum. Sage Dynamics tested it and it is the only micro red dot they have recommended having survived their 4 drop tests in 2000 rounds of firing (a drop from shoulder height on concrete every 500 rounds). Testing continues. While not as rugged as the Trijicon RMR Type 2, it is close. They test to 5,000Gs and water proof to IP67. Most of the other MRDs only test to 1,500Gs and many are not water proof at all. A few other differences between the Trijicon RMR and the Holosun 507K are adjustments on the Holosun are 1 MOA per click and on the Trijicon they are 1 MOA per click. The Trijicon has a max range of 150 MOA adjustment while the Holosun has a max range of adjustment of ± 50MOA. The Trijicon is water proof to 20M vs Holosun at 1.5M. Somewhere that I can't find now I saw that the RMR was shock resistant to 50,000Gs but I can not find that anywhere now. The viewing window of the RMR is 22mm x 16mm and for the Holosun it is 20mm x 15mm.

For comparison to Sentinal: Shock is 1,500Gs, Water resistance is 1M /IPX7 and the lens is 16mm x 16mm and adjustment range is ±35MOA. It is mad of 7075T6 Aluminum. It has not been tested by Sage Dynamics as far as I can tell. Their drop test is clearly hell on an optic.

Any of you guys know of any Holsters out there w/ optics cut that have a short lead time or are ready to ship??? After I installed the optic, I literally have no holster to carry my Hellcat with. I put in an order for a custom Kydex but the lead time is like 5 weeks...

I have two holsters at the moment. One is a Kydex with leather backing and one is the latest JM4 Tactical Relic Series OWB made with Boltaron exterior and Herman Oak leather lined interior in Coyote Tan. It is custom made for the Hellcat with OSP. I am attaching photos of each. The JM4-Tactical I paid $89.97 plus $12.50 shipping. I will sell it for $80 plus USPS small box shipping, about $8. The Kydex one, I paid $45 for and I will sell it for $35 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested in either or both.

Attachments

• IMG_1674.JPG
    IMG_1674.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1676.JPG
    IMG_1676.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1677.JPG
    IMG_1677.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1679.JPG
    IMG_1679.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
Just got my Kydex holster in from Muddy River Tactical. The slide is scraping off pieces of the the inside when holstering/unholstering. I loosened the retention screws to mitigate this, but to get it to stop scraping/scratching up the inside, I have to loosen the screws so much that the retention will barely hold the gun upside down. Is this a normal part of "break-in"? I don't remember ever having this issue before but this is my first non-black kydex holster so maybe I just didn't notice?

I realized a more frustrating issue after wearing this today. This holster, along with most Hellcat holsters I have seen on the internet look like the optic meets on the same line as the top of the belt clip. Which means that, when wearing, the front of the optic will come into contact with your pants/belt. I had it at 4:30 with a 15 degree cant and the sight was in constant contact with my belt. Like, the sight literally rides on my belt. Even with 0 cant, the issue remains. The sight presses against my nylon belt so hard that it bends it. I don't like that. I know the glass is recessed, but I feel like no part of my gun should be making that kind of hard constant contact with my pants or belt, especially an accessory like an optic (I mean that's what the holster is for, right??)20200819_223648.jpg20200819_223718.jpg

Just to confirm, you currently have the protector in, and your Sentinel installed with the 0.7 mm screws? Also, did you use loctite?

I ask because I went to range with it the other day, 0.7mm screws, protector in, no thread locker, and it flew off on my 3rd shot... Granted I was firing +p, and no loctite, I still feel like it should've lasted more than 3 rds. Maybe I didn't tighten them enough? I hand tightened with micro screwdriver...

Back