testtest

How to identify venison cuts of meat

1- Cooking up our maple syrup based glaze for ribs and injection for butts (I most always use a glaze on ribs, but never use a BBQ sauce unless someone asks for it)
2- typical setup for holiday cooks .... my personal smoker/cooker (80mgal air compressor tank)
3- got a good stick fire going
4- shaking out a little dry spice rub on some nice ribs
5- finished product
6- called 'country style ribs' .... actually sliced pork butt (boneless and oh, so, good!)
7- butts prepped and about to go on the smoker
8- butts just about ready to come off
9- just the right temp for a good cook
10- hand made sausage cookers

I love it!!!

View attachment 24602View attachment 24603

View attachment 24604View attachment 24606View attachment 24607View attachment 24608View attachment 24609View attachment 24610
Looks great 👍 JJ

1- Cooking up our maple syrup based glaze for ribs and injection for butts (I most always use a glaze on ribs, but never use a BBQ sauce unless someone asks for it)
2- typical setup for holiday cooks .... my personal smoker/cooker (80mgal air compressor tank)
3- got a good stick fire going
4- shaking out a little dry spice rub on some nice ribs
5- finished product
6- called 'country style ribs' .... actually sliced pork butt (boneless and oh, so, good!)
7- butts prepped and about to go on the smoker
8- butts just about ready to come off
9- just the right temp for a good cook
10- hand made sausage cookers

I love it!!!

View attachment 24602View attachment 24603

View attachment 24604View attachment 24606View attachment 24607View attachment 24608View attachment 24609View attachment 24610
With all that.. whats this talk of Country Fried

Even though you can't see them all, there's actually 20 racks of loin back ribs on here. A little later on went a big cast iron dutch oven of BBQ beans, then on top of the fire box we boiled up a couple dozen ears of corn and melted some butter in a deep stainless pot ...... then with tongs literally dipped the corn into the melted butter for a complete covering ...... yessiree bob, that's some good eats!!! Can do 10 butts, or 8 spachcocked yard birds, 3 packers brisket, and/or 30 racks of loin backs at any one time. Have cooked for as many as 60 on that little smoker. It's my all time favorite for a home built cooker.

This was out at my hunting camp a couple years ago on Thanksgiving IIRC.

Attachments

• misc 027.jpg
    misc 027.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
Well, I cut a lot of steaks from my deer as well, especially the back strap and rump roasts, then I fry 'em up in a 'rocket hot' cast iron skillet !!!LOL! LOL! (y)(y)(y)
Yeah, my dad and all my mom's cousins pan fry deer steaks. I'll eat it, but you really just ruined a perfectly good steak. I can grill ham steaks ( what you are calling rump roasts) where you can't hardly tell the difference between them and a tenderloin, taste wise.

Yeah, my dad and all my mom's cousins pan fry deer steaks. I'll eat it, but you really just ruined a perfectly good steak. I can grill ham steaks ( what you are calling rump roasts) where you can't hardly tell the difference between them and a tenderloin, taste wise.
I kind of agree with most of what you're sayin' here, and can appreciate a good steak anytime. But if I were to dust and fry you one of my 'thin cut' back strap medallions to a 'just' golden brown, you'd think you died and went to heaven. And there'd be no taste difference between them and any other 'golden' goodness !!! (y)(y)(y):):LOL::LOL:

I'm pretty sure if god hadn't meant for venison to be pan fried, he would never have invented lard !!! (y)(y)(y)

I kind of agree with most of what you're sayin' here, and can appreciate a good steak anytime. But if I were to dust and fry you one of my 'thin cut' back strap medallions to a 'just' golden brown, you'd think you died and went to heaven. And there'd be no taste difference between them and any other 'golden' goodness !!! (y)(y)(y):):LOL::LOL:

I'm pretty sure if god hadn't meant for venison to be pan fried, he would never have invented lard !!! (y)(y)(y)
88C69C78-DDE4-4AD4-BC68-B3B37C290905.jpeg
D1EB0145-90DB-44FA-B7E1-80B99EF51D6D.jpeg

Venison Tenderloin pan fried in a cast iron skillet to med rare with butter.
I do it on the grill to keep the spatter and smoke outside rather than on kitchen stovetop

I’ve got a 14 year old Genesis that I’ve replaced the burners once, and the “flavorizers” a couple of times. The stainless grill bars are the only way to go.

Works as good as the day I got it…
I have the same replace the flavor bars twice it as least 15 maybe more re built it last year starter burners grates everything work like you said Hans like the day I bought it perfect 👍

Talking a great score looking thru the free stuff on a local area site got this could not believe he maybe used it twice I mean it’s new View attachment 24655
Javbike, you got a heck of a deal (free stuff). Just the charcoal chimney itself was worth your trip to pick ti up. But please, throw away that damn fine wire brush. These brushes, popular as they are, are dangerous in my opinion. And more so as they age. Those tiny wires will sometimes break off during use and stick to your grill .... unseen. Then during a cook are very susceptible to being picked up on a piece of meat without anyone recognizing it.

Now in most cases. the wires are small enough that they likely won't even be felt in one's mouth, or if they are felt it's just thought to be a hard piece of the product. But, in a worse case scenario, that tiny wire can, AND HAS been known to lodge deep in the throat causing much infection, or worse yet travel down into the esophagus and at some point penetrate it and actually move on into one's heart or lungs. Yes, I'm painting the worst picture ever, but I'm painting it from experience. A close friend ended up with throat surgery to remove a wire that literally took weeks of agony for him before it was finally found.

Use a grill stone, or my favorite, an industrial wire brush with long, heavy wires. Much like a brush you would use to remove old paint, etc. And here's a little tip ..... when you're done with your grill, let it cool and put it away. DO NOT clean it at this point. Then next time you're to use it, start it up, get it rocket hot, then clean the grill. All the old food remaining will turn to black char and literally crack and fall off the grate with minimal rubbing with anything more than a clean kitchen rag dampened with a little cooking oil. Just fold the rag over a few times and dip it into a small bowl of oil. You'll be cleaning and oiling the grill grates at the same time, doing a much better job than cleaning right after a cook, and you'll be assured that no roaches, ants, mice or any other creature has been playing on the grates since you put it away without being cleaned. You'll know the grate is clean since they're cleaned right before you start your new cook.

Anyway, take advantage of that new grill, and know there are a few accessories available that will make that things as versatile as you can imagine. Weber Kettles are still Webers !!! (y) (y)(y)

Javbike, you got a heck of a deal (free stuff). Just the charcoal chimney itself was worth your trip to pick ti up. But please, throw away that damn fine wire brush. These brushes, popular as they are, are dangerous in my opinion. And more so as they age. Those tiny wires will sometimes break off during use and stick to your grill .... unseen. Then during a cook are very susceptible to being picked up on a piece of meat without anyone recognizing it.

Now in most cases. the wires are small enough that they likely won't even be felt in one's mouth, or if they are felt it's just thought to be a hard piece of the product. But, in a worse case scenario, that tiny wire can, AND HAS been known to lodge deep in the throat causing much infection, or worse yet travel down into the esophagus and at some point penetrate it and actually move on into one's heart or lungs. Yes, I'm painting the worst picture ever, but I'm painting it from experience. A close friend ended up with throat surgery to remove a wire that literally took weeks of agony for him before it was finally found.

Use a grill stone, or my favorite, an industrial wire brush with long, heavy wires. Much like a brush you would use to remove old paint, etc. And here's a little tip ..... when you're done with your grill, let it cool and put it away. DO NOT clean it at this point. Then next time you're to use it, start it up, get it rocket hot, then clean the grill. All the old food remaining will turn to black char and literally crack and fall off the grate with minimal rubbing with anything more than a clean kitchen rag dampened with a little cooking oil. Just fold the rag over a few times and dip it into a small bowl of oil. You'll be cleaning and oiling the grill grates at the same time, doing a much better job than cleaning right after a cook, and you'll be assured that no roaches, ants, mice or any other creature has been playing on the grates since you put it away without being cleaned. You'll know the grate is clean since they're cleaned right before you start your new cook.

Anyway, take advantage of that new grill, and know there are a few accessories available that will make that things as versatile as you can imagine. Weber Kettles are still Webers !!! (y) (y)(y)
I use a cedar plank to scrape my grill.

Back