testtest

Issues With New Saint Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that kinda stinks. Although at least SA is standing by their product. Seems to me that if the gun worked to start, then stopped working - along with your realization that there is no gas block screw, that the screw probably loosened up and fell out at some point. At least when you get it back, it should be good to go!!

I just called SA. I have a recently purchased Saint Victor 5.56 pistol. I want to be able to use it for both 5.56 and 300BLK. I had read that it would have an adjustable gas block here and in other posts. I called SA to absolutely verify that mine had an AGB. I was told my pistol does NOT have an adjustable gas block. I asked what I need to do in order to change that because I want to use it with 300BLK also. I was informed that they don't know what anyone else is talking about. The only ones they sell with an adjustable gas block is the 300BLK pistol, and the 308 rifle. When asked if I can swap out the block for one from a 300BLK pistol, they said that at this time that is not possible, they won't swap or sell any of the parts. That PERHAPS they will sell upgrades or parts sometime after the first of next year, but they are just considering it now so there is no guarantee that it will even happen.

In other words, if you want to shoot 5.56 and 300BLK, you MUST purchase a 300BLK pistol, and put a 5.56 barrel on it. If you go the other direction, you are hosed. (Which is where I find myself). I guess I'll see who I can find to buy this and go with something else.

I just called SA. I have a recently purchased Saint Victor 5.56 pistol. I want to be able to use it for both 5.56 and 300BLK. I had read that it would have an adjustable gas block here and in other posts. I called SA to absolutely verify that mine had an AGB. I was told my pistol does NOT have an adjustable gas block. I asked what I need to do in order to change that because I want to use it with 300BLK also. I was informed that they don't know what anyone else is talking about. The only ones they sell with an adjustable gas block is the 300BLK pistol, and the 308 rifle. When asked if I can swap out the block for one from a 300BLK pistol, they said that at this time that is not possible, they won't swap or sell any of the parts. That PERHAPS they will sell upgrades or parts sometime after the first of next year, but they are just considering it now so there is no guarantee that it will even happen.

In other words, if you want to shoot 5.56 and 300BLK, you MUST purchase a 300BLK pistol, and put a 5.56 barrel on it. If you go the other direction, you are hosed. (Which is where I find myself). I guess I'll see who I can find to buy this and go with something else.
Correct me if I’m wrong but you have to swap the barrels to switch between 300 BLK and 5.56 anyway correct? Just buy a 300BLK upper from whoever you want and now you have both.

Correct me if I’m wrong but you have to swap the barrels to switch between 300 BLK and 5.56 anyway correct? Just buy a 300BLK upper from whoever you want and now you have both.
👆 👆 👆 This...

Dorian, I'm sure you don't want to remove the handguard, take off the barrel, remove the gas block on the 5.56, then install each on the same upper receiver every time you want to switch between 5.56 and .300 blk. That would be a MAJOR pain in the neck.

I agree with Bassbob. Find yourself a .300 black upper from another manufacturer and just swap out the uppers. MUCH quicker and easier.

Warning!!!!

Do not ever try and fire a .300blk through a 5.56 barrel or you will end up with a catastrophic failure which can severely injure or kill the user.

A .300blk round can and will chamber in a 5.56 (.22cal) barrel but the .300blk (.30cal) bullet is much larger than the 5.56 barrel and you will end up with an exploded firearm and possibly worse if you pulled the trigger.

You're best bet is to take @Bassbob advice and buy a dedicated upper for the .300blk. Any standard AR15 .300blk upper should work and you can even use the same charging handle and bolt carrier group.

Here's few available options for what you are looking for that won't break the bank from these manufactures that can find on their websites.

Aero Precision.

Palmetto State armory.

Diamondback Arms.

I have purchased a 7.5" 300BLK barrel. I was planning on swapping parts out. I have zero plans (because I value my life and safety) to fire .308 ammo in a .223 barrel. After consideration, I'll get a separate adjustable gas block and tube. When I said I wanted to use it for both, while I want the option to be able to fire 5.56, this is primarily for home defense where the 300blk is a much better option for me (less flash, noise, potentially attach a suppressor). So almost all of the time it will be set up that way, and only if I sell it or decide I want to change, would I swap the barrels back. I would have purchased it in a 300BLK from the get go, but with inventories and availability I could only find it in stock in a 5.56. While it may be a tempest in a teapot, I'm concerned about the potential for executive orders making it difficult or impossible to purchase AR pistols in the future which is why I did not wait to get exactly what I wanted rather than compromising.

Last edited:
I have purchased a 7.5" 300BLK barrel. I was planning on swapping parts out. I have zero plans (because I value my life and safety) to fire .308 ammo in a .223 barrel. After consideration, I'll get a separate adjustable gas block and tube. When I said I wanted to use it for both, while I want the option to be able to fire 5.56, this is primarily for home defense where the 300blk is a much better option for me (less flash, noise, potentially attach a suppressor). So almost all of the time it will be set up that way, and only if I sell it or decide I want to change, would I swap the barrels back. I would have purchased it in a 300BLK from the get go, but with inventories and availability I could only find it in stock in a 5.56. While it may be a tempest in a teapot, I'm concerned about the potential for executive orders making it difficult or impossible to purchase AR pistols in the future which is why I did not wait to get exactly what I wanted rather than compromising.
The tyrannical Executive Order crap is why I was very hesitant to send mine back to the factory. I am concerned that I may never get it back :mad:

.308 ammo ? I thought you said 300BLK. You know those aren't interchangeable either right?

By 308 I was referring to the diameter of the bullet not the cartridge.

300 Blackout also known as as 7.62X35 has a bullet diameter of .308. While 308 is commonly associated with the 308 Winchester cartridge, numerous other cartridges utilize a 30 caliber bullet diameter such as 7.62, 30-06, 30-30, etc.
Bullet diameter is typically the diameter of the grooves in a barrel, while the barrel/weapon is often identified by the diameter of the lands in the barrel. So a 30 caliber weapon is .300 diameter between the lands, and the bullet is .308. The slight oversizing allows for excellent gripping in order to impart rotation to the bullet and minimize gasses from escaping around the bullet.

Looks like the jet set screw was missing...
1620917088338.png

The gun is shipping from Springfield today...

Hello first post here. I have an Edge pistol in 5.56 10.3 inch barrel. The gun ejects at 1230 to 1:00 an indication to me its over gassed. I bought it with only 20 rounds thru it from a friend that needed money. I did not get the allen wrench or the screws that came with it for the gas block. I sent it back and springfield said they replaced the barrel and took it out today after 3 weeks and same issue! Any help would be great. I'm not sending it back a second time...

Hello first post here. I have an Edge pistol in 5.56 10.3 inch barrel. The gun ejects at 1230 to 1:00 an indication to me its over gassed. I bought it with only 20 rounds thru it from a friend that needed money. I did not get the allen wrench or the screws that came with it for the gas block. I sent it back and springfield said they replaced the barrel and took it out today after 3 weeks and same issue! Any help would be great. I'm not sending it back a second time...
So they replaced the barrel because it was ejecting brass at 1:00 ?

If it's an adjustable gas block, just adjust it. If it's not adjustable, either change it out to one that is or try a different weight buffer.

Most DI are overgassed on purpose so they will cycle properly with many different types and quality of ammo. If the only issue you are having is it's throwing brass at 1:00 I'd just leave it alone.

So they replaced the barrel because it was ejecting brass at 1:00 ?

If it's an adjustable gas block, just adjust it. If it's not adjustable, either change it out to one that is or try a different weight buffer.

Most DI are overgassed on purpose so they will cycle properly with many different types and quality of ammo. If the only issue you are having is it's throwing brass at 1:00 I'd just leave it alone.
Thanks for the reply. Yes the issue is that the brass is hitting the ejection port and not the deflector thus causing it to eject the brass at 1230 to 1:00. I would have thought that is should be fine without any adjustment. Guess I will call in the morning to see if I can buy the parts to adjust the gas block.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the issue is that the brass is hitting the ejection port and not the deflector thus causing it to eject the brass at 1230 to 1:00. I would have thought that is should be fine without any adjustment. Guess I will call in the morning to see if I can buy the parts to adjust the gas block.
Do you have an adjustable gas block ? If so all it takes is a hex bit. In fact Lowes has a 40 piece bit set made by Cobalt that costs less than $15 and has most of the tips you will ever need for anything. Or you can by a metric/standard set of T handle hex wrenches for about the same price. You should have that stuff around anyhow if you own an AR-15.

If the gas block isn't adjustable, read up on the effects of different weight buffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back