testtest

Issues With New Saint Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have an adjustable gas block ? If so all it takes is a hex bit. In fact Lowes has a 40 piece bit set made by Cobalt that costs less than $15 and has most of the tips you will ever need for anything. Or you can by a metric/standard set of T handle hex wrenches for about the same price. You should have that stuff around anyhow if you own an AR-15.

If the gas block isn't adjustable, read up on the effects of different weight buffers.
Thanks again for the reply, I have plenty of hex keys. I was under the assumption the where different screws for the adjustment. I will look into it tomorrow. Thanks again!

So they replaced the barrel because it was ejecting brass at 1:00 ?

If it's an adjustable gas block, just adjust it. If it's not adjustable, either change it out to one that is or try a different weight buffer.

Most DI are overgassed on purpose so they will cycle properly with many different types and quality of ammo. If the only issue you are having is it's throwing brass at 1:00 I'd just leave it alone.
Yea, if that is all it is doing, I wouldn't touch it...

That is how it is supposed to look when the jet screw is not missing...

Haven't tried it out yet but I expect it will work fine...

Attachments

• 20210517_132852.jpg
    20210517_132852.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 180
Yea, if that is all it is doing, I wouldn't touch it...
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered the tool and the screws from springfield today and will see if I can get it to eject correct with that. I have built a few ar's in the past and have only had one that was over gassed and it had a gas port that was drilled to large. I have always understood that if it is ejecting like this it will wear the parts alot faster as they tend to slam parts more when over gassed...

Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered the tool and the screws from springfield today and will see if I can get it to eject correct with that. I have built a few ar's in the past and have only had one that was over gassed and it had a gas port that was drilled to large. I have always understood that if it is ejecting like this it will wear the parts alot faster as they tend to slam parts more when over gassed...
I don't understand about the screws and the tool. Are you changing the gas block ? If not I think all you need is a hex wrench. The screw is in the gas block. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

So, let me say that I put a 40 round clip in the gun and pumped 20 rounds through it rather quickly. It worked fine. I have one more question to ask in order to learn more about the AR. So, my understanding is that with the jet screw missing, the gun was operating in the beginning with the least amount of pressure possible with that particular gas block. Is that correct? Keep in mind that it has not been shot much at all. I am surprised that it worked at all with nothing there to control gas pressure except the hole.

So, let me say that I put a 40 round clip in the gun and pumped 20 rounds through it rather quickly. It worked fine. I have one more question to ask in order to learn more about the AR. So, my understanding is that with the jet screw missing, the gun was operating in the beginning with the least amount of pressure possible with that particular gas block. Is that correct? Keep in mind that it has not been shot much at all. I am surprised that it worked at all with nothing there to control gas pressure except the hole.
My guess is that it was in there to start, then worked itself out as you shot. Once it fell out, the firearm stopped working altogether.

Got the screws and wrench from springfield and installed option 3. Went all the way in and backed out 1-1/2 turns to get it right. Still wish springfield would own this issue.

Hello first post here. I have an Edge pistol in 5.56 10.3 inch barrel. The gun ejects at 1230 to 1:00 an indication to me its over gassed. I bought it with only 20 rounds thru it from a friend that needed money. I did not get the allen wrench or the screws that came with it for the gas block. I sent it back and springfield said they replaced the barrel and took it out today after 3 weeks and same issue! Any help would be great. I'm not sending it back a second time...

Hello first post here. I have an Edge pistol in 5.56 10.3 inch barrel. The gun ejects at 1230 to 1:00 an indication to me its over gassed. I bought it with only 20 rounds thru it from a friend that needed money. I did not get the allen wrench or the screws that came with it for the gas block. I sent it back and springfield said they replaced the barrel and took it out today after 3 weeks and same issue! Any help would be great. I'm not sending it back a second time...
Ok, so it was over gassed, you adjusted the gas block as you should, now everything’s fine.

Not sure what was with the barrel swap, but usually on repair forms the reason for a repair is given.

I’m still failing to see an issue, beyond your friend lost the screws that should have come with it (not Springfield’s fault)...I’m sure that they would have sent them gratis had you explained that situation.

I’m also sure that when you buy an item, any item, from a buddy and you expect the manufacturer to honor a warranty for you, not the original owner, you’re looking at it wrong. If they do( and obviously SA did) that’s great, but they sure aren’t under any obligation to do so. So I’m not sure what issue you want them to own. They clearly took care of you, again, not the original owner so what’s the beef? That the gun wasn’t tuned to what people on the internet said it should be? After being in the possession of someone else before you got it. Someone who lost pieces of the adjustable gas block. I’d say they owned your buddy’s issue as well.

If you can’t get the gas block adjusted correctly take it to someone who knows what they’re doing. Or change your buffer. All of that is consumer responsibility.

Yes it was over gassed. It should not have to be adjusted according to Springfield unless using a suppressor.
Most of the time if it is over gassed its due to an improper size port (the reason they replaced the barrel). I have an edge carbine and it does not require adjusting until I suppress it.

Well to be fair you were the one who decided it was over gassed. And it was missing parts. The gun cycled properly, it just wasn’t throwing the brass where you wanted.

Another little tip for the future. Being a little over gassed doesn’t hurt anything you need to worry about. You’d shoot the barrel out of it before it put too much wear on other parts.

Yes it was over gassed. It should not have to be adjusted according to Springfield unless using a suppressor.
Most of the time if it is over gassed its due to an improper size port (the reason they replaced the barrel). I have an edge carbine and it does not require adjusting until I suppress it.
Ever consider the possibility that they aren’t using the same ammo as you are to set their gas block?

They may be using a .223 load, and you're running 5.56 on the warmer side of the curve...or even if they’re using 5.56, it could be on the lower end.

Honestly, the only issue is in your head, no place else.

Thanks Bass, sorry to waste the time of such knowledgeable people who are totally missing the point. I never said springfield didn't go above what they needed to. I own a few springfield items for that reason. because they do go above and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back