testtest

New Saint Edge PDW owner - Blast Diverter question

I will confirm, pretty sure he was. He has done a few of my ar barrels before but never asked. Thank you!!
If he's able to flex the receiver he's not using the barrel vise rod because it only makes contact with the barrels locking lugs which takes any pressure off of the receiver.

I use one of these for installing barrels or muzzle devices.

According to Maxim.... The HATE BRAKE installs with a 3/8” drive socket from the front, enabling it to be installed under a handguard without removing the handguard. During installation, the HATE BRAKE locks into place with K-Taper, a patent-pending taper locking technology, replacing the need for proprietary tapered barrels. The external shape of the HATE BRAKE is designed to work with M-Slot compatible hand guards.

Your gun smith should be using a tool like this barrel vise rod so there's no torque on the receiver and all the force goes directly to the barrel or at the very least he should have a barrel vise block.

I will confirm, pretty sure he was. He has done a few of my ar barrels before but never asked. Thank you!!
The geissele works great also. I have 1 for ar15 and ar10, but they don't use the chargehandle channel. The midwest looks like a winner! The geissele uses the ejection port with 2 clamps so the rod doesn't move. Both are good designs and some upper receiver makers will only warranty if certain action rods are used. I say this only for a receiver I purchased stated.

Take a look at the Edge PDW from the link below. The problem with using one of these barrel vices (or whatever they’re officially called), is that I don’t think you can take off the handguard and therefore the barrel until you take the muzzle device off. Sounds like it’s on there hard, but there has to be a way to loosen it up and get it off.

Barrel rod, to hold the barrel, 3/8 socket extension into the front of the break. The hate break is two parts the inner cone and outer. You also need a vise and bench that is strong enough to hold the torque. Also don't use an extension that too long, use the shortest one possible like a 4 inch vs a 12 inch.

Hello Everyone!

I have recently purchased a saint edge pdw and looking to do a full disassembly.

I have noticed that the blast diverter (hate brake?) is pretty stuck on the barrel.

Any recommendations on how to remove?

Thank you! Stay safe!
Ok so I’m confused as to why you would buy this firearm and then want to completely take it apart? Did/do you do that with everything you buy? Did you ever buy a new vehicle and completely disassemble it? Just seams odd to me.

If you have shot your rifle the diverter has gotten hot. It will be a little tough to remove. You need a bev block or something to hold your barrel, a barrel fixture. You need to remove your handguard and on the diverter should be two flat spots. Take some channel locks and put it on those flat spots and take the diverter off. I’m pretty sure SA doesn’t use loctite, some companies use Rockset but not aware of SA doing this.
45538d459ced9adc8a50b09254e94e30.jpg
Wrap in electrical tape many layers first so the wrench, channel locks or other metal tool does not scratch and mar up your nice black finish

Lots of good tips here. Why would someone question what I want to do with my gun? I have torn down every gun I own, inspected, cleaned and put back together. Why should this one be any different?
Do as you please legally.
some like out of the box. Some like different.
It was put together easily. can be taken apart. ( with the right tools and knowledge)

I have both the 5.5 inch Edge PDW and the 10.3 inch Edge Pistol. I installed a Maxim Defense Hate Brake on the 10.3. Used a 3/8 in socket extension, Magpul BEV Block and a Vise. I have never attempted removing the brake from the 5.5 so please keep us posted.

It was put together easily. can be taken apart. ( with the right tools and knowledge)

What's funny is that is almost exactly what the customer support rep said when asking the techs.

I am going to call tomorrow to confirm no special threads or reverse.

I took it to a second smith today, the man is borderline gorilla. He said he felt scared putting any more torque on it an didn't want to chance it and even offered for me to give it a try. ( I declined )

When I call tomorrow I am going to ask about sending in the upper and having them remove it and send it back to me.

Back