testtest

New Springfield Armory Echelon Pistol

Not saying there's been no prior minor issues reported, but since it's made by HS Produkt I would think this new pistol being marketed by SA should have few issues compared to SAs prior Turkish SA-35 (Tisas) and in-house Prodigy (USA) releases.

I see this new pistol as an evolved XDm-E (since its from the same manufacturer) in order to compete with the other "trigger-module" pistols on the market.

Still patiently waiting for the release of a XDm-E 5.25 in 10mm.

Not saying there's been no prior minor issues reported, but since it's made by HS Produkt I would think this new pistol being marketed by SA should have few issues compared to SAs prior Turkish SA-35 (Tisas) and in-house Prodigy (USA) releases.

I see this new pistol as an evolved XDm-E (since its from the same manufacturer) in order to compete with the other "trigger-module" pistols on the market.

Still patiently waiting for the release of a XDm-E 5.25 in 10mm.
i was going to mention the same thing about the build and quality.

should be a great shooter outta the box.

I was up and had nothing better to do, so I went to the local range for the big reveal. It was a big nothing. :(
I had expected or at least hoped there would be a Springfield rep there. Nope. Not even so much as a sign. I had to ask about the pistol to even see it.
Oh and the promised hats, ammo and targets? Nope again. No freebies. They did have a gun to rent, provided you paid for the lane, ammo, etc. All in all, very disappointing. :mad:

As for the gun itself, nothing special there either. Just another striker fired piece of plastic. In fact I commented on it as such and the clerk turned to another and said "See, he said it too." :rolleyes:
The good: I do like the way the slide is serrated. Comfortable and easy to manipulate. I also liked the "U"/Dot sights. Easy to see and fast to pick up.
The bad: The slide release is terrible! Too far forward and completely flat. Very hard to reach and almost impossible to manipulate with just your shooting hand thumb. :mad:
Final impression: Another entry into an already crowded field. Nothing special here. Ho-hum. :rolleyes:

Patiently waiting for the subsequent....

Echelon Pro
Echelon Max
Echelon Super Pro
Echelon Super Max
Echelon Subcompact
Echelon Mini
Echelon Micro
Echelon Single-stack

...models. :unsure:

Regardless, the new pistol looks nice.

At least, SA/HS Produkt is being more innovative than Glock. :sneaky:;):whistle:

I was up and had nothing better to do, so I went to the local range for the big reveal. It was a big nothing. :(
I had expected or at least hoped there would be a Springfield rep there. Nope. Not even so much as a sign. I had to ask about the pistol to even see it.
Oh and the promised hats, ammo and targets? Nope again. No freebies. They did have a gun to rent, provided you paid for the lane, ammo, etc. All in all, very disappointing. :mad:

As for the gun itself, nothing special there either. Just another striker fired piece of plastic. In fact I commented on it as such and the clerk turned to another and said "See, he said it too." :rolleyes:
The good: I do like the way the slide is serrated. Comfortable and easy to manipulate. I also liked the "U"/Dot sights. Easy to see and fast to pick up.
The bad: The slide release is terrible! Too far forward and completely flat. Very hard to reach and almost impossible to manipulate with just your shooting hand thumb. :mad:
Final impression: Another entry into an already crowded field. Nothing special here. Ho-hum. :rolleyes:
as i get older, i find it easier to not be impressed with all the glitz and glamour of any new arrival, of any type of product.

so many times, it's all smoke and mirrors.

but at least, with the mirrors, i can see how much back hair, i have to shave, once the smoke clears......

Last edited:
To be honest, I'd seen the e-mail announcement and didn't really care about seeing the gun. But the range was only 15 minutes away. I went for the free hat. But Springfield let me down there as well. :rolleyes:
you should try going to Burger King.

each week on my way to the range, i stop in for a coffee and some sort of breakfast item.

the gal there gives me one of these for free...

How-to-get-paper-crown-1.jpg

she hasn't let me down yet..........

TFB Reviews

inspired by Spartans.>??

does this mean that once we buy one, we have to dress up like this..??

spartans.jpg

Back