testtest

Show off your 1911

I do not know how they will hold up with wear or weather. I am shooting with them tonight.

Neat idea cico, pretty wild looking grips!
On holding up? May depend on if and how the leather is used, treated or with what?
And, not really much different than a set of leather gloves if thought about?

Just thoughts is all. The leather thickness and type, the moisture may prove awkward later on depending on treatment. With normal body sweat or perspiration is one thing, in rain or wet weather could be another? Wet leather can be very soft, slippery and malleable almost like squishy mud in a hand. Could lead to grip issues if not careful. May need to stabilize leather with something to keep it more rigid and firm if hasn't been done already. - A plasticizer of some sort?

Leather also may interfere with mag release and mag insertion too when and if too soft depending on firearm when using for grips. A thin stiff plate between grip and gun may help? Rigid grips are usually best, although there are softer rubber grips available, rubber grips are usually hard rubber though because of possible slipperiness. Good luck on your test trial!

Neat idea cico, pretty wild looking grips!
On holding up? May depend on if and how the leather is used, treated or with what?
And, not really much different than a set of leather gloves if thought about?

Just thoughts is all. The leather thickness and type, the moisture may prove awkward later on depending on treatment. With normal body sweat or perspiration is one thing, in rain or wet weather could be another? Wet leather can be very soft, slippery and malleable almost like squishy mud in a hand. Could lead to grip issues if not careful. May need to stabilize leather with something to keep it more rigid and firm if hasn't been done already. - A plasticizer of some sort?

Leather also may interfere with mag release and mag insertion too when and if too soft depending on firearm when using for grips. A thin stiff plate between grip and gun may help? Rigid grips are usually best, although there are softer rubber grips available, rubber grips are usually hard rubber though because of possible slipperiness. Good luck on your test trial!
Thank you for your input. Survived first test. Still feels good. No slipping or sliding. I need to see how it does wet.

Thanks for posting that, cico7. I loved this picture:

Nurse1911.jpg

XD Man, that Professional is pretty sweet! My first 1911 was a Range Officer 1911 Loaded Lightweight model with two-piece guide rod, night sights and accessory rail. I’ve shot thousands of rounds through this pistol; it’s 100% Reliable and just as accurate as my Dan Wesson.
I’m currently saving for a 9mm EMP for concealed carry, would be interested to hear feedback from any EMP owners.
I have the EMP4 and just love it as my CCW. Very accurate and easy to conceal.

Back