testtest

Show off your 1911

Sorry I took so long to answer you . The Custom work was all done by SACS ( Springfield Armory Custom Shop )
I always wanted a Commander size pistol for carry . I wanted a 9mm 1911 and I wanted a bobtail 1911 . So I put all
the things I wanted into one pistol . SACS machine checkered the front strap 25LPI , Bobtail it , reworked the grips
to fit ( Awesome sanding job ) , Colt high cut the trigger guard , Trigger job 4.0 lbs , Cerakote frame & slide . They
had a Reliability Package " when they were a full service shop " That was done . Its a fun little light pistol to shoot .
Thank you for your interest . I'am a SACS Fan Boy . Also I believe ALL 1911's should have front strap checkering . ;)

35720588165_3d731e1e81_h.jpg
No worries, and thanks for the info! I really like the work you had done on that one. I might have to start saving my pennies for a similar project😀

Some really nice 1911s guys. I have yet to purchase my first 1911 but I am looking forward to it. I’ve decided it will definitely be a Springfield. My big question with the modern 1911 platform is will it or will it not reliably feed and extract hollow points? ..because of my other 45 caliber firearms hollow points are a round I have a lot of. Have you guys found there any specific Springfield 1911 models that are better/worse at cycling hollow points?
Thanks for the input
When you get your 1911 buy a couple aftermarket magazines for it. Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick make great mags that will greatly improve the feeding characteristics of your gun. I have a TRP and a Lightweight Champion Operator that both feed hollow points with no problem. I personally run Wilson Combat 8 and 10 round mags and have had no failure to feed issues.

Bought a SA 1911 Mil Spec defender series today. Basic run of the mill 1911.

i own countless expensive high end - tricked out guns, including .45’s, but something about the plain no frills, classic 1911 with the look from the past spoke to me.
Kind of like your first girlfriend. May not be the hottest of the school, but she was #1 and always remembered.

The Mil-Spec defender 1911 gave me that same memory. Had to have it.

still sexy as ever, even in sweat pants😉
EFA3264D-1CF9-4768-BCDA-3E2AB0226B19.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought a SA 1911 Mil Spec defender series today. Basic run of the mill 1911.

i own countless expensive high end - tricked out guns, including .45’s, but something about the plain no frills, classic 1911 with the look from the past spoke to me.
Kind of like your first girlfriend. May not be the hottest of the school, but she was #1 and always remembered.

The Mil-Spec defender 1911 gave me that same memory. Had to have it.

still sexy as ever, even in sweat pants😉
I aldkjalkdfj

My favorite 1911s, my Kimber Master Carry Pro 45ACP, and my newest pistol, Springfield EMP 3” 40S&W. I also have an older Charles Daly Officer’s model 45ACP, my first compact 1911, but it doesn’t belong in this pic.
43F0A56F-FD05-40E4-A3B7-551A88981388.jpeg

Back