testtest

So you thought you could register your braced pistol for free ?

I went to the atf website to see how to do it and good grief, what a nightmare. do you have to get fingerprinted and pictures taken from an authorized place like police or sheriffs? and if so do you have to mail it in . crap i though about doing my old one one but it looks like a big hassle to do.
Bottom line is that jumping through the hoops to aquire legal NFA item is less of a hassle than what ATF puts one through if he or she gets caught with an unregistered firearm. An illegal firearm can quickly become an albatross around one's neck.

Cool, i ask The gun shop close to me and they said they couldn't. they have no way of fingerprinting. i'll call around and find another one.

Back years ago we had to get fingerprinted at the police station, and the dealer we bought the guns from handled all the paperwork. we brought the fingerprint cards back to him and he put it all in an envelope and we took it and mailed it. but that was before the internet and smart phones.
Silencer Shop can assist with the process. They charge a small fee but it's worth it to make sure all your paperwork is correct for submission.

Cool, i ask The gun shop close to me and they said they couldn't. they have no way of fingerprinting. i'll call around and find another one.

Back years ago we had to get fingerprinted at the police station, and the dealer we bought the guns from handled all the paperwork. we brought the fingerprint cards back to him and he put it all in an envelope and we took it and mailed it. but that was before the internet and smart phones.
You can still mail to ATF as well, but it adds a long time to the wait

Check out PrintScan online. They operate out of UPS stores. You can set up an appointment with them online. They will find the location closest to you. They had emailed me the file before I got back home.

The form is a little confusing, but once you figure it out it’s not so bad. You can add your fingerprints, photo of you and photo of the serial number and maker of your gun digitally. There’s a rumor that they want a photo of the gun with the brace. That is not true. If you have any issues or problems feel free to PM me.

You can still mail to ATF as well, but it adds a long time to the wait
I remember the first set of paperwork i sent them back in 83 took six months to the day. you couldn't have the gun until it came back and that long seemed like an eternity. lol. luckily the dealer would take us out and let us shoot them while he was there. which served a couple purposes, we got to shoot our guns and most times he sold the ammo to us.

Ok, now this is just my thoughts, so don’t get your panties in an uproar, I see no need for an AR pistol and such, now I know I’m stepping on toes here, also I myself have no want for a suppressor either, especially since you have to get approval from the government, they don’t need anymore information then what they got now. It’s bad enough how much they already know about you, your guns, hell, your life. If people want to own these, then don’t complain about that you have to register them, it goes along with ownership of these guns, now, call me names and such, I have broad shoulders and can take it, like I said, this is just me

CF0140EC-5583-4D97-B5D8-BBA55AC8B0EB.gif

Ok, I called the gun shop up the road and they want 240 bucks to do the finger printing, i said well nope, that ain't happenin. then i called a place about 30 miles from here. he said 10 bucks. now the owner of this place is the one i bought all my class 3 from years ago when he sold them out of a building at the back of his house. then he opened up this huge gun shop a few years back. he passed away a few years ago. this tells me the place up the road is ripping folks off cause of this brace rule.

Now, if it wasn't for them having my information several times over i probably wouldn't do this. but i won't be turning in nothing now that they already don't have on record several times, except my pic will be of an old fart now. :ROFLMAO:

I will probably go Monday morning and do this thing.

Ok, now this is just my thoughts, so don’t get your panties in an uproar, I see no need for an AR pistol and such, now I know I’m stepping on toes here, also I myself have no want for a suppressor either, especially since you have to get approval from the government, they don’t need anymore information then what they got now. It’s bad enough how much they already know about you, your guns, hell, your life. If people want to own these, then don’t complain about that you have to register them, it goes along with ownership of these guns, now, call me names and such, I have broad shoulders and can take it, like I said, this is just me
ATF set the rules, congress and senate have not chimed in, so those are the rules.
I want the toys, I play the rules.
Better than spending my days fighting an unregistered firearm felony

Back